THE BROWNS BOARD

Kokinis got schooled

Solon16

Look at every mock draft, reports coming out of PIT, every PIT paper, and the fact they only have one C on their depth chart. There was a high chance PIT was going to take Mack at 32

Wrong again Masters, the Steelers were only going to draft a defensive lineman or wide receiver in the 1st round, I don't care what you read or read it,they just payed Starks and Kemomateu (SP) and signed a FA center last season and was not going to spend a 1st round pick on a offensive lineman, they needed to get younger on the defensive line.

As far as mock drafts you mentioned, how many of them were more than 30% correct past the top 10 picks, as I have stated previously most mocks are a joke,none of those guys you like to quote Kiper or Mayhock work for a NFL team

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the name calling? What NFL team do you work for, you want to act as though you know everything and from reading your post you sound like a guy who gets the little knowledge you have from the Internet......TAKE A JUMP OF THE NEAREST BRIDGE

The Browns got screwed and you can spin it anyway you wish, I have my opinion and you can keep yours. You are the type of STUPID FAN that believes every draft is good and believe whatever garbage the front office feeds you, but I expect living in Nebraska does that to the brain if you have one.

We traded back from #5 gave the Jets a Franchise QB and we get 2 guys who were not good enough to start for the Jets then we make trades down with both Tampa and Philly to pickup extra picks in the 6th round when most 6th rounders don't make NFL rosters, why don't you look back the last 5 years the number of 6 round picks that have actually made a NFL roster.

Then we take 2 receivers who are exactly the same player and reach for a LB from Hawaii, Mangini wants to prove how smart he is and in 3 years you and everybody will be crying for a new coach after we win another 18 games over the next 3 years. Mangini thinks he is Belichek, sorry but there is only one Billy B, the Browns will regret the day they hired this MORON.

I don't have to work for the Browns to know there needs, Stevie Wonder can see we have terrible linebackers and no pass rush

blah blah blah....when have you seen me post anything about who they should have taken? I don't claim to know what ManKok needs for this team, unlike you Mr. Professional Asshole.

as far as giving the Jets their franchise QB, he may or may not be. Don't state it like its a fact. As for the Jets players, many people, including professionals disagree with you. If Elam isn't a starter, then why did the Jets match Cleveland's offer to him?

As I said, you're just another whiney little bitch that isn't happy because they didn't draft your guy (probably Rey Rey for you) and so you have to slam them. Face it, you are the one with NO CLUE and with any luck you'll go root for someone else.

I know how you guys feel about Maualuga.....but you'll get to watch him twice a year for a Long time!

The Bengals had a great draft IMO, we will get to watch Rey create havoc twice a year on the Browns while we have a bucnh of stiffs playing linebacker

Yea the Browns are so smart.................Any wonders we continue to lose every year

But we got high character players...LMAO

I would prefer a team of thugs that won some football games over the high character guys we have, people seem to forget this is football a violent game with violent players playing but we seem to prefer the good good guys who lose every year, maybe the Browns will play in a Super Bowl before the 2025 season

I was chatting with some Steeler fans at work and they all were chatting about picking up a center; so I guess it depends who you talk too....that said I am really happy with our first pick

Wish we picked Rey and kept him out of Cincitucky

Wrong again Masters, the Steelers were only going to draft a defensive lineman or wide receiver in the 1st round, I don't care what you read or read it,they just payed Starks and Kemomateu (SP) and signed a FA center last season and was not going to spend a 1st round pick on a offensive lineman, they needed to get younger on the defensive line.

As far as mock drafts you mentioned, how many of them were more than 30% correct past the top 10 picks, as I have stated previously most mocks are a joke,none of those guys you like to quote Kiper or Mayhock work for a NFL team

LOL....so you don't care what was written down since its only YOU that was told what the Steelers wanted, much the same way ManKok kept you informed about what the Browns needed and wanted. Talk about being an arrogant prick....you really take the cake.

Guest Masters
Why the name calling? What NFL team do you work for, you want to act as though you know everything and from reading your post you sound like a guy who gets the little knowledge you have from the Internet......TAKE A JUMP OF THE NEAREST BRIDGE

The Browns got screwed and you can spin it anyway you wish, I have my opinion and you can keep yours. You are the type of STUPID FAN that believes every draft is good and believe whatever garbage the front office feeds you, but I expect living in Nebraska does that to the brain if you have one.

We traded back from #5 gave the Jets a Franchise QB and we get 2 guys who were not good enough to start for the Jets then we make trades down with both Tampa and Philly to pickup extra picks in the 6th round when most 6th rounders don't make NFL rosters, why don't you look back the last 5 years the number of 6 round picks that have actually made a NFL roster.

Then we take 2 receivers who are exactly the same player and reach for a LB from Hawaii, Mangini wants to prove how smart he is and in 3 years you and everybody will be crying for a new coach after we win another 18 games over the next 3 years. Mangini thinks he is Belichek, sorry but there is only one Billy B, the Browns will regret the day they hired this MORON.

I don't have to work for the Browns to know there needs, Stevie Wonder can see we have terrible linebackers and no pass rush

You are the type of stupid fan (since you are gonna pull that out on someone) who think the flashy player with highlight reels is the way to go. You have your opinion the Browns got screwed, which would seem to be the minority, as everyone covering the draft, from TV to newspapers (local and national) think CLE got a heck of a deal from the Jets. Especially when you throw in player and system familiarity that comes with that. Throw in that Coleman was indeed a starter for several games last season, as did Elam. Should you really be throwing around the term Stupid Fan when you don't even know what these guys did last year as Jets?

Robiskie and Mossaquoi are not the same player at all. One is a solid #2 who brings a deep threat and the other is a solid possession slot receiver. The only similarities are height, weight, and playing at BCS schools. CLE didn't exactly reach for the kid from Hawaii either. He was a projected mid 3rd rounder.

How much of that lack of pass rush is player and how much is the actual defensive play calling. Having watched the Browns, it ain't all about the players. You aren't going to get pressure on a QB rushing 3 and 4 all the time. Especially if that 4th is always the same OLB.

blah blah blah....when have you seen me post anything about who they should have taken? I don't claim to know what ManKok needs for this team, unlike you Mr. Professional Asshole.

as far as giving the Jets their franchise QB, he may or may not be. Don't state it like its a fact. As for the Jets players, many people, including professionals disagree with you. If Elam isn't a starter, then why did the Jets match Cleveland's offer to him?

As I said, you're just another whiney little bitch that isn't happy because they didn't draft your guy (probably Rey Rey for you) and so you have to slam them. Face it, you are the one with NO CLUE and with any luck you'll go root for someone else.

You continue to show how ignorant you are with the name calling

Would you be calling me these names if I was standing next to you in the same room

Tough guy over the Internet hiding behind a computer

Continue acting like the 10 year old you are

BTW, Elam would have been a backup with the Jets same as Coleman so before you try to question me at least know your facts

Why don't you go buy a Sports Illustrated or Sporting News magazine and learn something about football and GROW UP AND ACT LIKE A MAN

NOW RUN ALONG AND PLAY LITTLE BOY

Guest Masters
The Bengals had a great draft IMO, we will get to watch Rey create havoc twice a year on the Browns while we have a bucnh of stiffs playing linebacker

Yea the Browns are so smart.................Any wonders we continue to lose every year

But we got high character players...LMAO

I would prefer a team of thugs that won some football games over the high character guys we have, people seem to forget this is football a violent game with violent players playing but we seem to prefer the good good guys who lose every year, maybe the Browns will play in a Super Bowl before the 2025 season

Did you really just start a post talking about the Bengals draft then put prefer teams that won some football games over high character guys in the same sentance?

Notice the teams that passed over Rey that could use a LB, which included CLE. Heck, PIT could have grabbed him for S&Gs and they didn't. There is a reason. He doesn't fit a 3-4 and there are other questions about him.

Would you be calling me these names if I was standing next to you in the same room

BTW, Elam would have been a backup with the Jets same as Coleman so before you try to question me at least know your facts

Why don't you go buy a Sports Illustrated or Sporting News magazine and learn something about football and GROW UP AND ACT LIKE A MAN

ROFL....Mr. Pot, Mr. Kettle would like to talk to you. Don't tell me about name-calling. You are the expert at it. I also don't purport to know what ManKok feels the team needs are, like you claim you do. Not being a tough guy at all, I'd tell you that you are an idiot if you were standing here. Its tough guys like you that feel the need to resort to violence because their sensitive little egos can't take someone disagreeing with them.

Also, I believe its 10 yr olds that feel only their word is right and ignore all others, even those paid to do what they do. That shoe seems to fit you more than me. So once more, Mr. Pot, Mr. Kettle would like to see you.

SO which NFL Team do you work for?

Actually I believe Elam did start for the Jets last year. and someone already off the top of thier head showed you how many late round picks have turned out to be quite good.

I'll go the other way with you. In past years we've drafted a Wimbley, or a Faine, or a Courtney Browns JUST BECAUSE they were the best player available at the time we picked, or they filled some need even if they were a reach.

as you said, it's all everyone's opinion here, no one's an expert. As for what people can see. I think Steive would have been more chagrined at what we potentially were lining up at WR than he would be with our LB corps. But then again I think Stevie is a Quinn fag anyway.....

Elam started a few games ONLY because of injury last season, if the guy was as great as everyone is trying to make him to be don't you think he would have signed more for 1.5 mil per season, the guy was a backup safety and people to try to justify the trade is trying to act like we got the next Roy Palamalu and Coleman was a backup DE with the Jets, for those who don't know the players they should do some research before talking about how good these guys are, guys that are backups are usually because they are not good enough to start.

The best player the Browns received in the trade was the quarterback Radcliff who will be the starting QB on this team next year, he is better than Brady Quinn and the Quinn lovers will see how not so good Brady is.

As far as Wimbley the guy is a BUST a one trick pony who the league has figured out, how much longer are we going to wait on this guy to prove he is a bust, but he is such a high character guy I am sure he get another few seasons.

The Browns seem to like high character guys who are poor football players

Guest Masters

Uh, so your backing up your statement because they signed two non centers? They have one C on the depth chart. Jesus, go to their website at least before you speak. Oh, and the team that had all kinds of problems protecting their QB and opening running lanes this year doesn't need OL help? *sigh*

I have never quoted Kiper, so continue to try and bully an arguement because you can't defend your fan oriented rant. The point is, everyone around the draft had PIT looking at a C if he was there. Were you got they are looking WR is insane. They just grabbed on last year. What did PIT do with their second pick in the draft? Oh yeah, they grabbed an Olineman.

Look at every mock draft, reports coming out of PIT, every PIT paper, and the fact they only have one C on their depth chart. There was a high chance PIT was going to take Mack at 32

Masters sometime I'm amazed at some of the stuff you post. 1 center? They most certainly have 2.

I wasn't convinced that Center was going to be something Pittsburgh was going after with that first pick. They need a guard as well but that obviously wasn't going to be the 1st round pick.

D-line was a big need. Brett Keisel is ok but they need an upgrade there.

NT Casey Hampton is in his 9th year and that is a postion that Steelers will have to address soon.

I was surprised with the pick of Corner Lewis in the third round but it may have been a BAP as well as nickle help.

Yep and the Bengals jail bait draft picks have had them winning the division every year too. So what's your point??

Show me the Thugs on NE or IND please...

We are talking about the Browns

How many Super bowls have the Browns played in?

When was the last time the Browns won a playoff game?

When was the last time the Browns played in a playoff game?

The team that won the Super Bowl and the Ravens don't have a team full of goody good guys, they have guys that will punch you in the face and they both win

Mangini like Crennel is trying to turn this team into the Patriots and it ain't working there is only one Billy B and all the assistants on Billy B's staff have all failed as coaches elsewhere

Guest Masters

*sigh* for starters, you should put that same post to your self, because the first 4 sentances describe you as well. Glass house and stones.

Coleman still would be a starter for the Jets this year. Who they gonna start in front of him? Elam still would have seen plenty of action for the jets.

Wow, so go look at what Sporting News says about the CLE picks http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=542474

Maybe you should take your own advise to learn something too.

Guest Masters
Masters sometime I'm amazed at some of the stuff you post. 1 center? They most certainly have 2.

I wasn't convinced that Center was going to be something Pittsburgh was going after with that first pick. They need a guard as well but that obviously wasn't going to be the 1st round pick.

NT Casey Hampton is in his 9th year and that is a postion that Steelers will have to address soon.

I was surprised with the pick of Corner Lewis in the third round but it may have been a BAP as well as nickle help.

I could say the same for you. You got me, they have Doug Legursky, an UDFA from 2007. Does that sound like a solid back up behind Hartwig?

Was DL a real problem for PIT last season? They needed help there but it wasn't a priority need. They got to draft luxary after need was gone. Of course a SB winning team usually has that.

They lost McFadden, so CB was a need for them.

Uh, so your backing up your statement because they signed two non centers? They have one C on the depth chart. Jesus, go to their website at least before you speak. Oh, and the team that had all kinds of problems protecting their QB and opening running lanes this year doesn't need OL help? *sigh*

I have never quoted Kiper, so continue to try and bully an arguement because you can't defend your fan oriented rant. The point is, everyone around the draft had PIT looking at a C if he was there. Were you got they are looking WR is insane. They just grabbed on last year. What did PIT do with their second pick in the draft? Oh yeah, they grabbed an Olineman.

Since when do you know what the Steelers are going to do? Do you realize how much dollars Pitt already has tied up in there Oline?

You think because you can get on the Internet and read what everyone says they are correct?

Read this very slow. THE STEELERS WERE NEVER PICKING A OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE 1ST ROUND, THEY WERE GOING D-LINE ONLY

They drafted a guard in round 2 which they needed but not round 1, and they also drafted a reciver in round 3 Wallace from Ole Miss, so you said they would not be drafting a wide receiver

You think you know everything because you can google this or that but dude you are wrong on these pages more than you are right

Off topic Matt LaPorta threw a strike from right field to 3rd base the other night ball from mid deep rightfield to 3rd base all the way in the air, I think you told us all LaPorta could not get the ball to the cutoff man on the fly he had to 2 hop the ball.....BOY YOU ARE SUCH A EXPERT.......KEEP UP THOSE GREAT SCOUTING REPORTS......MAYBE SOME INDEPENDENT LEAGUE TEAM WILL HIRE YOU AS A SCOUT

Guest Masters
We are talking about the Browns

How many Super bowls have the Browns played in?

When was the last time the Browns won a playoff game?

When was the last time the Browns played in a playoff game?

The team that won the Super Bowl and the Ravens don't have a team full of goody good guys, they have guys that will punch you in the face and they both win

Mangini like Crennel is trying to turn this team into the Patriots and it ain't working there is only one Billy B and all the assistants on Billy B's staff have all failed as coaches elsewhere

When was that last time BALT won that SB or was a real threat? How about the Bengals? You brought up the Bengals now go to we are talking about the Browns? Ah, the art of debate by changing topics and deflecting......

Read this very slow. THE STEELERS WERE NEVER PICKING A OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE 1ST ROUND, THEY WERE GOING D-LINE ONLY

No one knows for sure but I tend to agree. Keisel needs replaced and Hampton is getting old. It's a big need for them.

By the way, thanks for the update on LaPorta....Is this throw viewable anywhere?

Guest Masters
Since when do you know what the Steelers are going to do? Do you realize how much dollars Pitt already has tied up in there Oline?

You think because you can get on the Internet and read what everyone says they are correct?

They drafted a guard in round 2 which they needed but not round 1, and they also drafted a reciver in round 3 Wallace from Ole Miss, so you said they would not be drafting a wide receiver

You think you know everything because you can google this or that but dude you are wrong on these pages more than you are right

Off topic Matt LaPorta threw a strike from right field to 3rd base the other night ball from mid deep rightfield to 3rd base all the way in the air, I think you told us all LaPorta could not get the ball to the cutoff man on the fly he had to 2 hop the ball.....BOY YOU ARE SUCH A EXPERT.......KEEP UP THOSE GREAT SCOUTING REPORTS......MAYBE SOME INDEPENDENT LEAGUE TEAM WILL HIRE YOU AS A SCOUT

LMFAO.... So your retort is to slam reports, then back it up by saying they weren't going to do X because you said so. Did you think before you typed that? Neither you nor I know what PITs play A and plan B were going in.

I said WR wasn't a need in the first two rounds, you did. Spin, spin, spin. It's like talking with Rich here.

Wow, he made one throw from Right to 3rd BASE. So he was able to reach the equivelant of a cut off man on a throw. Yup, that's great. You really knocked me there chief. Throwing that in would be like me saying "what round did Rey go in the draft"? Exactly, so tell me again about what you know. Maybe someone will hire you as a scout. See how that works both ways?

Glad you pointed that out Masters seems to think he knows everything about every team

The Steelers were going to have to draft a defensive lineman because there front 3 is all over the age of 30 and there backups are all over 30, after they franchised Starks and resigned Kemouteau (Sp) to that new contract, the Steelers let it known around the league they were not going to be drafting a offensive lineman with the 1st pick in the draft, they were going to take a defensive lineman or the guy they really wanted if he was there and they attempted to trade up to get him was Hakeem Nicks.

No one knows for sure but I tend to agree. Keisel needs replaced and Hampton is getting old. It's a big need for them.

By the way, thanks for the update on LaPorta....Is this throw viewable anywhere?

Apparently Sony knows for sure because teams keep him in the loop about their needs and who they're picking.

Masters, you are wrong about the center discussion. All you did was look at the depth chart.

Stapleton is a center. He was a center at Rutgers and moved to guard out of need. Stapleton was even a Remmington finalist a few years ago.

That's why the Steelers went Guard today in the draft. It's also why I'm unsure if Center was going to be their pick at 32.

Guest Masters

PIT has Hoke behind Hampton.

Yeah, he's clearly right. I mean, stallworth was on the roster, and it's because of players like him we won 4 games. We have guys like Stallworth that will hit you in the face (with a car). And we won (4 times)

You are the type of stupid fan (since you are gonna pull that out on someone) who think the flashy player with highlight reels is the way to go. You have your opinion the Browns got screwed, which would seem to be the minority, as everyone covering the draft, from TV to newspapers (local and national) think CLE got a heck of a deal from the Jets. Especially when you throw in player and system familiarity that comes with that. Throw in that Coleman was indeed a starter for several games last season, as did Elam. Should you really be throwing around the term Stupid Fan when you don't even know what these guys did last year as Jets?

Robiskie and Mossaquoi are not the same player at all. One is a solid #2 who brings a deep threat and the other is a solid possession slot receiver. The only similarities are height, weight, and playing at BCS schools. CLE didn't exactly reach for the kid from Hawaii either. He was a projected mid 3rd rounder.

How much of that lack of pass rush is player and how much is the actual defensive play calling. Having watched the Browns, it ain't all about the players. You aren't going to get pressure on a QB rushing 3 and 4 all the time. Especially if that 4th is always the same OLB.

How many NFL corners is Mossaquoi going to be running past with 4.6 speed, he is not a burner and has problems with easy drops like Edwards

Why take 2 receivers back to back, I would have drafted receiver and running back or receiver outside LB, this team needs 2 outside linebackers,how long do you continue with Wimbley who has proven to be a one trick pony the league has figured out

Guest Masters
Glad you pointed that out Masters seems to think he knows everything about every team

The Steelers were going to have to draft a defensive lineman because there front 3 is all over the age of 30 and there backups are all over 30, after they franchised Starks and resigned Kemouteau (Sp) to that new contract, the Steelers let it known around the league they were not going to be drafting a offensive lineman with the 1st pick in the draft, they were going to take a defensive lineman or the guy they really wanted if he was there and they attempted to trade up to get him was Hakeem Nicks.

That would be you chief, not me. I didn't stand up and shout who is doing what right and wrong w/o knowing the players (first Elam wasn't a starter then he started a few games, then there is Coleman).

Guest Masters
Masters, you are wrong about the center discussion. All you did was look at the depth chart.

Stapleton is a center. He was a center at Rutgers and moved to guard out of need. Stapleton was even a Remmington finalist a few years ago.

That's why the Steelers went Guard today in the draft. It's also why I'm unsure if Center was going to be their pick at 32.

It wasn't just looking at the depth chart. It was value and need position. They draft Mack or Wood, who are better than Stapleton, they don't need that G. We are talking about a team who has luxary with their picks at this point. They didn't have a true must need. PIT is build on running the ball and stopping the run. One they had problems with for large chunks last season, along with protecting the QB. We'll never know what PIT would have done if Mack or Wood was still sitting on the board at 32. It's all speculation.

Guest Masters
Only for depth chart purposes. Believe me, he's not a nose tackle. I'm not sure if he's even 300 lbs.

He's just a depth guy at the very best.

Hoke is over 300lbs and filled in nicely for Hampton a few years ago when he went down. I am sure they'd like to get younger at NT, but this wasn't the draft for that where they were picking.

It wasn't just looking at the depth chart. It was value and need position. They draft Mack or Wood, who are better than Stapleton, they don't need that G. We are talking about a team who has luxary with their picks at this point. They didn't have a true must need. PIT is build on running the ball and stopping the run. One they had problems with for large chunks last season, along with protecting the QB. We'll never know what PIT would have done if Mack or Wood was still sitting on the board at 32. It's all speculation.

Try to say what you want....Your exact quote was that they only had two centers on the roster. It was wrong.

Spin it any way you want. Why don't you just say "Oh yeah, I didn't realize that?"

When you try to spin it you sound goofy.

They needed a guard and went out and got it.

Archived