THE BROWNS BOARD

Zombo

Goff looks like a boy. And not a bright one one. How did scouts have him at the top?

I liked Wentz, but coming from South Dakota State, you knew he wasn't ready for the NFL until possibly year three.

Our rookie QB looks clueless as well, but third rounders can be disposed of, Top Five QB mistakes can set a franchise back years. Luckily, we can't go back any further, but we can certainly go forward with guys like Coleman and a treasure trove of draft picks.

Zombo

Goff looks like a boy. And not a bright one one. How did scouts have him at the top?

I liked Wentz, but coming from South Dakota State, you knew he wasn't ready for the NFL until possibly year three.

Our rookie QB looks clueless as well, but third rounders can be disposed of, Top Five QB mistakes can set a franchise back years. Luckily, we can't go back any further, but we can certainly go forward with guys like Coleman and a treasure trove of draft picks.

Zombo

I sure hope so. But then I stare in the face of:

4 years

7 1st round picks

0 solid starters

I sure hope so. But then I stare in the face of:

4 years

7 1st round picks

0 solid starters

Horrendous.

But it's history.

We may have handled a draft with some smarts in 2016 with our first shot with the new FO.

Z

We whiffed on Prescott. No getting around it. He looks like a seasoned vet compared to all the other rookie QB's at this point in time. Now granted with our current line he might look just as lost as Kessler, but at least he is taller and more athletic.

We whiffed on Prescott. No getting around it. He looks like a seasoned vet compared to all the other rookie QB's at this point in time. Now granted with our current line he might look just as lost as Kessler, but at least he is taller and more athletic.

No one gives a damn. Get over it.

Goff and Wentz are BOTH 3rd String.

Corey Coleman is starting and we have the Eagles #1 pick next year.

Winning.

Zombo

Coleman preseason- one catch for 10 yards. We'll see. Looks like Ogbah and Nassib are keepers though. It all depends on how all the bonus picks turn out next year. We can't keep whiffing on high picks.

I agree Kessler looks totally lost- and if that was Hue's idea, hmmmm.

Coleman preseason- one catch for 10 yards. We'll see. Looks like Ogbah and Nassib are keepers though. It all depends on how all the bonus picks turn out next year. We can't keep whiffing on high picks.

I agree Kessler looks totally lost- and if that was Hue's idea, hmmmm.

I would give Kessler time. If he ends up being a complete dud then I will be concerned with Hue's judgement.

Slow down on Kessler. The guy seems to be smart enough to call a play in huddle. Knows his reads. But the game is much faster for Kess to read & a 3rd horrible OL Pass protection has gave him no chance to prove anything..

Having a great o-line will definitely assist a rookie if they take a few ticks more to process things in the early going.

Remember when Bernie Kosar came in? Very young tall talented with an established OL good RBS and decent receivers. The current BROWNS have very little of that now, good luck who ever steps into that situation.

Not my opinion just my observation.

Slow down on Kessler. The guy seems to be smart enough to call a play in huddle. Knows his reads. But the game is much faster for Kess to read & a 3rd horrible OL Pass protection has gave him no chance to prove anything..

Read: Brian Sipe, circa 1972. It took him 2 years to get off the practice squad...another 2 to take over as starter.

We shall see.

Goff looks like he sucks big time. So glad we passed on him. From the limited time having seen Wentz, he actually looks like he'll be really good in a few years.

And I'll be in Philly for the Browns game. With that extra 1st rounder, I'll be rooting double for the Browns to beat the Eagles.

Opinions can't be based on observations? ;)

I'm just worried about Z quoting Charlie Sheen...

Yeah that's tricky at times like a good reporter's job just go out and observe and get the facts and report back without mixing in your feelings or opinions on something.

You know like talking about the BROWNS without wearing your orange and brown glasses.....I've done that for decades too.

You know like talking about the BROWNS without wearing your orange and brown glasses.....I've done that for decades too.

Since Z won't issue me those glasses, he shouldn't get upset with my neutral observations. ;)

At least mik sent me a T-shirt. :lol:

Archived