THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 Draft Picks

darren15

Coleman and Ogbah are starters.

Nassib and Kindred will be key contributors.

Schobert will be a role player, Scooby will be a special teamer.

The rest are works in progress ... Not ready for primetime.

Z

How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

Based upon preseason play, Id say none stood out as sure fire starters/star types....

Nassib had some moments......

But based upon the games, I think the rookie that "played the best" was Kindred, followed by Alexander......

To me, the 4 receivers have been a major disappointment, so far......actually haven't done a thing......and Coleman showed some of those bad hands and the inability to go up high for balls, as I was mentioning(and getting blasted for) previously....1 catch - 10 yds so far....

Ogbah looks ok too....big and strong, no doubt.....so he'll be starting and, hopefully, developing.....but I think him and Nassib will add a few sacks to our total.....

Kessler and Coleman(ol) have also been kinda bad.....so, there's a couple 3rds that probably wont help us much(now, or ever?)...

Kindred is ready for primetime - he'll become a star.

Kessler isn't ready. Coleman missed serious time, is catching up.

He'll be ready for primetime soon.

The offense hasn't come together yet. Higgins is ready for primetime.

Payton, imho, is definately a keeper, too. The Browns have release kruger....

and they signed Paea, big DE/DT. Maybe a signal that the Browns know

that the 4-3 is going to help them win some games ?

Based upon preseason play, Id say none stood out as sure fire starters/star types....

Nassib had some moments......

But based upon the games, I think the rookie that "played the best" was Kindred, followed by Alexander......

To me, the 4 receivers have been a major disappointment, so far......actually haven't done a thing......and Coleman showed some of those bad hands and the inability to go up high for balls, as I was mentioning(and getting blasted for) previously....1 catch - 10 yds so far....

Ogbah looks ok too....big and strong, no doubt.....so he'll be starting and, hopefully, developing.....but I think him and Nassib will add a few sacks to our total.....

Kessler and Coleman(ol) have also been kinda bad.....so, there's a couple 3rds that probably wont help us much(now, or ever?)...

Gee, don't you know you're taking the Happy Train off the tracks being objective? Let's be real. Kessler stunk in preseason #4. Coleman has been invisible. I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

Nah.... not buying that at all. See below...

Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

h, I hear and believe you... I liked Tuggle during his Texan days. Don't think I saw the same player this preseason though.

A number of the WRs saw limited time due to injury... mostly hammies. I have no issue with keeping them to see what they have. Ditto DeValve... Ditto Shon Coleman...

I wrote a while ago about needing data for the "feedback loop". For many players, the injured ones, the data is simply incomplete. Keeping them is part of the process. I would not be surprised if this was actually part of the cutdown discussion. Check out the DePo quote in my signature. I think it's a clue.

I can't buy the ego argument. And it's not because they are neither present nor sizable. It's that I believe Sashi's job in no small part is to keep them in check and out of the decision process.

Nah.... not buying that at all. See below...

h, I hear and believe you... I liked Tuggle during his Texan days. Don't think I saw the same player this preseason though.

A number of the WRs saw limited time due to injury... mostly hammies. I have no issue with keeping them to see what they have. Ditto DeValve... Ditto Shon Coleman...

I wrote a while ago about needing data for the "feedback loop". For many players, the injured ones, the data is simply incomplete. Keeping them is part of the process. I would not be surprised if this was actually part of the cutdown discussion. Check out the DePo quote in my signature. I think it's a clue.

I can't buy the ego argument. And it's not because they are neither present nor sizable. It's that I believe Sashi's job in no small part is to keep them in check and out of the decision process.

I gotcha and hope you are correct but with that many draft picks ,man I cant remember a time when a team kept all of them that's what makes me feel a bit suspect

That hundy under 10 rooks make roster, now, never had a chance :blush:. Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB?

Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.

How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

Every 2016 draft pick made the roster. That tells you a couple of things.

1- The team is confident in their projections on these players and nothing they did in camp shook that confidence. It's not ego/arrogance. I work with Harvard people all the time. Podesta worked in bioinformatics. I worked in same field for 12 years. I get the image from the outside. Arrogant and elitist, right? Wrong. Really smart, really goal-oriented people who want to succeed.

FYI, egos and analytics don't mix well. The whole point of analytics is to take egos and other subjective factors out of the decision-making process. New England uses analytics and have been for years. It's no surprise given Boston and Cambridge is a big hub of sports analytics.

2- The team is finally building the right way.

Any time you don't get a move the Browns make, just remember this. To build a championship team that lasts, you need as many of your players reaching their peak/prime years at the same time as possible. You can only do that by getting a bunch of young guys on your team and develop them. It's important that they develop both their talent AND they mature into the offensive and defensive system the team wants to run.

Ask yourselves, if that's the plan, does keeping Kruger or Andy Lee make sense? Nope. Kruger is already on the decline and would not be reaching his prime at the same time as the other players on the roster. With Lee, the 4th round pick is more valuable to a rebuilding team than a punter.

So yeah, we are probably gonna suck this year and maybe next. But so long as Jimmy doesn't blow things up, this team should finally turn it around.

AG, we were that bad after FA's left & most were not handled properly by Farmer..So yes it's a attempt at culture change using now the #2 youngest team in the league. Next sign, would be trying to resign a guy like Bitonio to show we now will keep good Home drafted players for a change. Stay Tuned.. Domes & Rome were not build in a Day..

Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB?

Maybe... posted it over in the dumpster thread: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43977&do=findComment&comment=632156

Let me know what you think.

Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.

Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.

I think it is the realization that our roster was really bad, like 3-13 bad. Probably should have been 0-16 bad. Shitty players look good when they are surrounded by even shittier players

Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.

If josh returns to his pro bowl form I bet he gets a 1st rd tender, maybe he finally figured out he could be a 9 million dollar man if he would just give up the 80$ bag.

Archived