THE BROWNS BOARD

Dumpster diving

LogicIsForSquares

Kinda odd the dumpster teams cut first & the winners hold there Cards? Saturday 4PM the dumpsters will be filling quickly till Sunday..Lawson about it but watched a bubble kid Means in Philly today.Tick Tock..

Bishop Sharkey is out there. I am thinking we are OK with Crow, Duke, Mozart and maybe Watson though.

Z

We agree once again. He just got beat out in a team with great backs. And he's only 23.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/roster-cut-deadline-notable-names-bishop-sankey-aaron-murray-manny-lawson/1d1b6f128lvui1hw8c2bor02ds

Can confirm the #Browns have agreed to terms with former #Broncos punter Britton Colquitt

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/browns_agree_to_terms_with_pun.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns appear to have solved their punting problem after trading three-time Pro Bowler Andy Lee to the Panthers last week.
The Browns have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with former Broncos punter Britton Colquitt, who was released by Denver last week.
Mike Klis of Denver's 9News first reported the news.
Colquitt, 31, spent the past six seasons with the Broncos, where he became the best punter in franchise history.
It means new punters Kasey Redfern and Mike Palardy, who both shanked punts last week, are on the way out.
Colquitt was due to make $3.25 million this year, and the Broncos had asked him to take a payout. He refused.
Colquitt helped the Broncos get to the Super Bowl by placing four punts inside the 20 in the AFC Championship Game.
In other Browns news, the team has waived first-year tight end Connor Hamlett, who had an excellent camp.
Hamlet was essentially beat out by fourth-round tight end Seth DeValve, who missed much of training camp with a knee injury, but showed promise when he returned.
Hue Jackson made it clear that the draft picks this year would have an edge over players who weren't drafted by the club.
A source said the Browns might keep only three tight ends in Gary Barnidge, Randall Telfer and DeValve.

There ya go. Punter problem solved. Just as Great Zomboni predicted.

Defensive team wonba Super Bowl with him last year ... Is that good enough for everybody?

Z

Happy, happy, joy, joy. :D :D :D At least the FO knew they were dealing with garbage. Now about that seventh round pick we just wasted........

Happy, happy, joy, joy. :D :D :D At least the FO knew they were dealing with garbage. Now about that seventh round pick we just wasted........

About that 7th round pick we just turned into a 4th round pick ...

Z

TGZ is already in the house?

Texans waived WR Cecil Short III. Medium sized WR who had a great year with JAX. Caught in a bit of a numbers game going into his 2nd year with HOU, but could be a question of injury toll though. And certainly not an area where we need bodies....

Any of the recent cuts interest anyone? I imagine Sashi will be sifting through the cuts to try to fill the gaps.

What's up with Center John Sullivan getting cut in Minnesota? Is he injured or was it a salary cap thing?

Last time I remember an allegedly washed up Center coming here it was Hank Fraley giving us an incredibly pleasant surprise. That guy was still able able to pull around end from his Center position in his 30s which was as unique as it was excellent.

About that 7th round pick we just turned into a 4th round pick ...

Z

we did turn a seventh into a fourth- but we're still minus that seventh, if I understand the trade correctly. Hehe, maybe Sashi and Depo can turn that fourth pick into 6 seventh round picks. :P

we did turn a seventh into a fourth- but we're still minus that seventh, if I understand the trade correctly. Hehe, maybe Sashi and Depo can turn that fourth pick into 6 seventh round picks. :P

We dumped Peggy Lee and a 7th rounder for a 4th rounder and then picked up Denver's all-time leading punter in the middle of his career for free.

It was fricking brilliant.

Z

This trade/net player gained is up there with the Trent raping of the Colts (almost)...... Basically very little on field difference between "Too scared to tackle" Lee and "I just win Superbowls" Colquitt, and we got a 4th round pick on top. Well done.

We dumped Peggy Lee and a 7th rounder for a 4th rounder and then picked up Denver's all-time leading punter in the middle of his career for free.

It was fricking brilliant.

Z

More like frickin' lucky.

Just not going to give these new guys credit for anything are you?

I think they are doing great. Excited.

Z

I'll give them credit for being lucky- and being aware that Colquitt was still out there. If some other team had beat us to the punch- we would have had shit punting (and our incredibly valuable 2018 low 4th round pick). Um, that's worth about 55 points on the draft value chart. However, the shit punting would have blended right in with the rest of the shit on the team. :)
FWIW, it's probably unheard of for a team to have 14 draft picks- and have every one of them make the final roster. It's either they had the best draft of all time, or Sashi and Depo are so arrogant they're refusing to admit they made even ONE mistake in the draft. The other possibility is (and I'd refuse to believe it) the overall talent on the Browns before they took over was worse than the 0-16 Lions. So think about that for a minute.
PS- I'll also give them credit for clearing out a lot of future cap room, remains to be seen how they use it.

The "in" thing right now is to mope about cuts to a team that wasn't going to do shit anyway. Rebuilding is the name of the game.

Yeah LFS, it feels like a sorority house full of estrogen in here lately.

OK Flugs- and this is addressed to Zombo too- here's where I'm coming from. Can't remember who, but someone had a sig line- "CLEVELAND BROWNS, REBUILDING SINCE 1999, WHY STOP NOW?" Sorry, but this crap has just gotten really, really, REALLY old for me. Hell, the Panthers made the Super Bowl, tore the team down, went to another Super Bowl, and the Browns have done jack shit in the meantime.

We're currently into (pick a number, I've lost count) blow it all up- rebuild. Anyone who thinks we're going to win more than a couple games this year- well, Zombo- if a Browns fan believes that- sell them some prime Florida Swampland real estate. But yeah- THIS time it's gonna be different. Yada, yada, yada. Well f**king SHOW ME this time it's going to be different, before I invest an ounce of energy in belief. MHO? Haslam is taking a huge risk. Putting a bean counter (Sashi) and a baseball analytics guy (DePodesta) in charge. If it blows up in his face- he's wearing the village idiot hat in the entire NFL.

So we're being asked to be patient- yet again. I suppose we don't have any choice in the matter. I'm not buying in until I see the progress is for real this time. & I'm not getting my hopes up to have them crushed for the 10th + time. Patience? As the one Buzzard said to the other Buzzard- "patience my ass, I'm gonna kill something."

PS- my prediction- by the break, plenty of fickle fans will have drifted over to the Ghoolie Dark Side. "let the anger and frustration FLOW through you son."

Sharkey sounds fishy. Shankey a bad FG kicker. He's name is Sankey & for years I called him Stankey :lol: Who knew?

I like some of the dumpster names that you remember from your FL teams from ~5 years ago. .....and they were second or third tier players back then. But occasionally you can find a real bona fide gem. (hey I had Sankey once :( )

We're currently into (pick a number, I've lost count) blow it all up- rebuild.

PS- my prediction- by the break, plenty of fickle fans will have drifted over to the Ghoolie Dark Side. "let the anger and frustration FLOW through you son."

Three things...

1. This is rebuild #1 for this FO.
  2. This rebuild is different than any that preceded it.
  3. No one is seriously predicting playoffs for this team... and that's different, too.

Now are they doing it right? Is "different" going to be better? Fuck if I know... but I will be watching for signs. And in the absence of their being illuminated by "W's", I think I will have to look very hard.

As for the Dark Side? I doubt it will get crowded. I don't think expectations will be high enough to drive folks that direction... not this year.

I'll give them credit for being lucky- and being aware that Colquitt was still out there. If some other team had beat us to the punch- we would have had shit punting (and our incredibly valuable 2018 low 4th round pick). Um, that's worth about 55 points on the draft value chart. However, the shit punting would have blended right in with the rest of the shit on the team. :)
FWIW, it's probably unheard of for a team to have 14 draft picks- and have every one of them make the final roster. It's either they had the best draft of all time, or Sashi and Depo are so arrogant they're refusing to admit they made even ONE mistake in the draft. The other possibility is (and I'd refuse to believe it) the overall talent on the Browns before they took over was worse than the 0-16 Lions. So think about that for a minute.
PS- I'll also give them credit for clearing out a lot of future cap room, remains to be seen how they use it.

We got a 4th rounder for a punter. Enough said.

As for the roster, I didn't think we would cut any of the draft picks, but I thought they might stash a couple on the IR, I thought Louis and Caldwell were candidates.

Nassib and Kendrid ALREADY look like they are finds for where they were drafted. Oggie and Coleman are starters, so we will quickly find out what we have there. I think they will fare better than the guys we had at their respective positions last year.

Schobert, Drango and Scooby EARNED their roster spots with solid play.

That leaves Shon Coleman, Caldwell and the three wide receivers as guys they kept around solely because they think they can add a lot to the club in the future. Remember the future? It is what the 2016 Browns are all about. Unless you miss those 3-13 2015 Browns with no direction. One of those rookie WRS will have to step up and become the 4th WR (5th when Josh is back) that will be an interesting competition, competition is always good. The other two can sit inactive every week. Somebody has to.

Zombo

Archived