THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns vs Bears - things I thought I thunk while watching the game in person

calfoxwc

and THANKS to Canton Mike.

We had fun. What an experience ! Three chicken strips and fries... $9.00.

Diet Coke, $5.00. hahahaha.

I thought the nice gal behind the counter was kidding. nope.

Later, nacho cheese and chips, big diet coke in Joe Thomas big cup...

and a tiny little "pizza"........

$23.00. Yep. Not kiddin. Fun the first time, from now on, I smuggle peanut M&M's and a soft

water carrier into the game or something, and we'll eat before we go in...

No wonder you season tix holders tailgate so often, lol.

the defense is going to rock. Nassib is a monster out there, wait til he gets some experience

under his belt. The entire front seven was kicking ass, despite some flagrant holding by the

big? Bears offensive line... no calls... until later, when the Bears olineman had one of the

Browns helmet locked into his arm in a headlock. Then, even the wimpy refs had to actually

throw the flag.

One concern about defense, mildly wondering about the pass defense. We'll see soon enough.

The Browns defense is showing a good number of 4 man fronts... do it more often.

With Danny and Meder in the middle, it's scary.

Special teams seem out of sorts at times. I think it's just a lot of personnel changes etc.

Palardy, punter - kicked a wimpy short punt. #9 fern? kicked a lot stronger, longer kick

with nicer hang time, so I decided #9 in the guy, then Palardy kicked a boomer that

they didn't field, and it bounced way down field - 76 yards? very cool. I don't know.

The Browns were running the ball with some authority off the bat, that's a good thing.

We have the rb's. We even have the wr's. the offensive line - Irving is going to be fine -

did a great job - somebody in the middle got beat once.. don't know if it was him or not.

I always loved how Bernie Kosar would start a game with a bomb down field just to let

the defense know it's all on the table. The Browns didn't do that, but it's preseason.

Later on, the Bears must have excellent depth on their offensive line, and they do

a lot of slants, and they hold like crazy, and their rb's simply try to cut back and gain yards.

That's rugby, dammit. get with the program refs.

Offense - my concern is, RGIII - know they were going with quick hitters a lot, but

he just stares down his target and throws it. He was a bit off - some bad overthrows,

some bad timing. it was drizzling rain off and on the second half. No excuses.

I'm not seeing RGIII as "seeing the field" yet. And have never noticed him looking off

safeties, etc etc.

If we don't see it the first couple of games... not good. could be a glaring weakness he has.

McCown looked like himself, threw a few passes off timed, and looked a bit out of sorts.

The one throw to Gordon was intercepted. But, Gordon seemed to be flat footed again,

when the pass was arriving, and didn't do one tiny little bit of anything to try to keep it

from being intercepted.

I'm refusing to read anything into that ... but later on....

I think the Browns will be looking to bolster their oline depth in cuts. The Bears oline

third string? seem like a bunch of 350 lb sumo wrestlers. Maybe we need a few.

Really great execution on the TD run. The oline was kicking ass.

Qb's seemed hesitant in a big way. I don't get it. And Kessler isn't ready for prime time.

At all, and that isn't based on just this game. Has skills, just too early.

Of course, it's too early for Goff and Wentz, too, so...

got to see Seth Devalve run a real nice route - he's fast, great hands, nice cut,

and is tough.

Patterson was playing way off, and they threw the ball to his side, and he was late

getting to the receiver in time. Now, the Bears close and are right there with the ball.

Patterson closed and the wr caught the ball and took off running.... why so far off?

later, they picked on Patterson again, and he was right there, made the play.I don't get that.

And. you have three or four Browns defending the pass in the middle of the field,

and WTF? the wr simply runs into the middle of them, wide open.

What happened to at least one guy playing the ball? Hello?

The defense may, however, be a top ten defense vs the run. There, I said it.

I believe it. vs the pass, not likely. We'll see how it all shakes out during the regular

season.

If only Gilbert can all of a sudden become a very smart cb with great instints. dammit.

Later on, Scooby showed he is smart, has excellent instincts, and can kick ass.

The run up the middle, he filled the gap and the rb was stood up and stopped cold.

Schobert, lb, also kicked ass on what I would consider a stunt for a rush to the qb.

He is also a player like Scooby. Kiper had him as a second round talent, and the Browns

got him in the fourth round.

Browns have some major, really tough decisions to make. Won't surprise me if they

pick up a big olineman....from the Bear's cuts.

Now, about my pizza at the stadium. I think it was $10.50. I know, what the hell was I thinkin?

It was two pieces, seemed like 2/3rds of a personal pan pizza. It tasted like soft, chewy cardboard,

with a sprinkling of melted cheese and some scant pepperonis pieces that may have had pepper

sprinkled on it.

I love the outdoors, know tons about the outdoors. We have wild chicory in our field... the roots can be boiled

to make a coffee substiute. You can eat the cattail roots, well boiled, and they smell exactly

like pototoes and taste a bit fibrous, but like potatoes. etc.

I could take a Coleman stove out to the wilderness, a solar oven... or just a flat rock with a fire

underneath it..... and I could find edible roots, plants and herbs, and I could make myself a hell of a lot

better pizza than I bought at the stadium.

Good Stuff Cal..Keep a eye on that Old Leghumper ;). Watch the replay at 1 NFL network today..If you thought the OL was Holding, watch what they do to Gordon before the pick. Even Bears feed was shocked they got away with it..

I like my Coke....with no sugar too? Say hello to my little friend!!! ?? JK...

Dude you drink Diet Coke? That shit is worse for you than regular coke.

per the Wifie's request. A Happy Wife is a Happy Life.I would have gotten my own rootbeer,

but the Joe Thomas plastic cup was $6.50, maybe a buck or two more with a refill.

So, just one cup. lol

and THANKS to Canton Mike.

We had fun. What an experience ! Three chicken strips and fries... $9.00.

Diet Coke, $5.00. hahahaha.

I thought the nice gal behind the counter was kidding. nope.

Later, nacho cheese and chips, big diet coke in Joe Thomas big cup...

and a tiny little "pizza"........

$23.00. Yep. Not kiddin. Fun the first time, from now on, I smuggle peanut M&M's and a soft

water carrier into the game or something, and we'll eat before we go in...

No wonder you season tix holders tailgate so often, lol.

I could take a Coleman stove out to the wilderness, a solar oven... or just a flat rock with a fire

underneath it..... and I could find edible roots, plants and herbs, and I could make myself a hell of a lot

better pizza than I bought at the stadium.

Outdoor pizza topped with fresh roasted squirrel?

Now you know why we tailgate, or eat & drink at the Flatiron before the game Cal. :)

Har- I know you don't drink- but the going price for a 16 ounce beer at the stadium is $9. You can buy five 24 ounce Budweisers for around the same price. A markup of 750% at the stadium. My restaurant owner pal pulled out his calculator (the Browns get their booze at wholesale) and told me if everyone in the stadium bought just one beer that's $500,000 pure profit in Jimmy's pocket. As it's been said, owning an NFL team is the closest thing to having a license to print money.

As it's been said, owning an NFL team is the closest thing to having a license to print money.

Right up there with Six Flags and Cedar Fair amusement parks.

At the latter's California Great Adventure you could have two slices of pepperoni pizza AND a 20 oz. drink for a mere $19.

Archived