THE BROWNS BOARD

Cuts to 53....

Tour2ma

Practice Squad finally does hit 10 (but)--A.Fabiano C/G(never played C but was at Harvard so we think he can)....D.France OL...C.Hamlett TE...K.Hogan QB...D.Jennings WR...E.Reynolds DB...G.Wright DT...T.Caldwell-DB...T.Watson RB...M. Palardy P... Little upset over no true C Mike Matthews over a punter :mad: but would also watch Nile Lawrence Stample DT...or Dennis Parks WR if come off IR...Rest of IR is Des Bryant(done year), WR Randall Hall(broke fibula but coaches like)Dylan Wynn DL(probably release) & Of Course Glenn Winston RB(don't get me started nor he)...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Practice Squad finally does hit 10 (but)--A.Fabiano C/G(never played C but was at Harvard)....D.France OL...C.Hamlett TE...K.Hogan QB...D.Jennings WR...E.Reynolds DB...G.Wright DT...T.Caldwell-DB...T.Watson RB...M. Palardy P... Little upset over no true C Mike Matthews over a punter :mad: but would also watch Nile Lawrence Stample DT...or Dennis Parks WR if come off IR...Rest of IR is Des Bryant(done year), WR Randall Hall(broke fibula but coaches like)Dylan Wynn DL(probably release) & Of Course Glenn Winston RB(don't get me started nor he)...

Yea, I expected much more from Matthews too, he must not have what it takes regardless of bloodlines.

I drafted Hogan for the browns in our draft .....glad we got him....far better than Kessler

I actually forgot, but he was one of four QBs invited to Berea before the draft http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/4/24/11498594/tracking-the-cleveland-browns-2016-nfl-draft-interests-final-edition

Finally a name from my culled list, Reynolds. Big hitter I can see as a SS/OLB hybrid.

Woodberry Forest still has a solid program. Watched Reynolds twice. Played SS a little under sized, ball hawking then too, but carries a big stick..Should be a good pick up..

Practice Squad finally does hit 10 (but)--A.Fabiano C/G(never played C but was at Harvard so we think he can)....D.France OL...C.Hamlett TE...K.Hogan QB...D.Jennings WR...E.Reynolds DB...G.Wright DT...T.Caldwell-DB...T.Watson RB...M. Palardy P... Little upset over no true C Mike Matthews over a punter :mad: but would also watch Nile Lawrence Stample DT...or Dennis Parks WR if come off IR...Rest of IR is Des Bryant(done year), WR Randall Hall(broke fibula but coaches like)Dylan Wynn DL(probably release) & Of Course Glenn Winston RB(don't get me started nor he)...

I like that Watson made it. Don't worry about Center, Greco is our backup center, so if he moves over , we need guards.

Z

I like that Watson made it. Don't worry about Center, Greco is our backup center, so if he moves over , we need guards.

Z

Hope you right Z but I have read nothing about it anywhere so it's got to be true ;)..Even our Training Camp insiders missed it?

Did they say anything about Murray?

Not that I noticed, just bitching that they felt Hogan was too good to let go, and it "was typical Andy shit" (not 100% sure what that meant) chasing Hogan away, meaning that he wanted to come to Cleveland rather then go back to KC because KC offered him a practice squad spot too.

Hope you right Z but I have read nothing about it anywhere so it's got to be true ;)..Even our Training Camp insiders missed it?

Pluto or somebody said Greco is definitely backup center, that is why they didn't keep one. So if Cam goes down he moves over and Bailey moves to guard. Drango Unchained next man up. Coleman will probably be inactive all year if they all stay healthy.

Z

& Of Course Glenn Winston RB(don't get me started nor he)...

....the guy is ALWAYS connected to our team but is never able to be on the field.....except for one play that I remember where he ran into the line, got hit, hurt & fumbled all at the same time.

Not that I noticed, just bitching that they felt Hogan was too good to let go, and it "was typical Andy shit" (not 100% sure what that meant) chasing Hogan away, meaning that he wanted to come to Cleveland rather then go back to KC because KC offered him a practice squad spot too.

Cards cut loose Barkley and signed Murray on the PS. Just wondering about him haven't heard too much about his play.

Pluto or somebody said Greco is definitely backup center, that is why they didn't keep one. So if Cam goes down he moves over and Bailey moves to guard. Drango Unchained next man up. Coleman will probably be inactive all year if they all stay healthy.

Z

POOF!! there it is...now i can sleep at night B)

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/connor_hamlett_among_players_s.html

The Browns also plan to sign former Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan to the practice squad on Monday. A fifth-round pick of the Chiefs, he was waived this week. ESPN first reported that Hogan would be joining the practice squad.

I like this move. Overall, most people thought he was better than Kessler, fair to say?

Practice Squad finally does hit 10 (but)--A.Fabiano C/G(never played C but was at Harvard so we think he can)... Little upset over no true C

... & Of Course Glenn Winston RB(don't get me started nor he)...

Fabiano... continuing the Browns' tradition of collegiate OTs moving to Center... :)

Winston has to have compromising pictures of someone... given the FO turnover can only be the man at the top.

Plus don't forget Greco was our first choice when Mack's leg broke in 2014. Problem was McQuistan had to backfill for John.

The Cleveland Browns have signed OL Anthony Fabiano, QB Kevin Hogan, DB Ed Reynolds and DL Gabe Wright to the practice squad.

Fabiano is a 6-3, 303 pound rookie out of Harvard. Originally signed by Baltimore as an undrafted free agent, he was waived on Aug. 29. He opened 29 games for the Crimson with starts at left tackle (11), right guard (10), left guard (seven) and right tackle (one). A native of Wakefield, Mass., Fabiano graduated from Wakefield High School.

Hogan is a 6-3, 218 pound rookie out of Stanford. He was originally selected by Kansas City in the fifth round of the draft. In college, Hogan completed 727 of 1,103 passes for 9,385 yards, 75 touchdowns and 29 interceptions. He also rushed for 1,249 yards and 15 touchdowns. A native of McLean, Va., Hogan graduated from Gonzaga College High School.

Reynolds is 6-1, 207-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Stanford. Originally selected by Philadelphia in the fifth round of the 2014 draft, he appeared in six games last year and totaled 21 tackles, one pass defended and one interception. A native of Stoneville, N.C., Reynolds graduated from Woodberry Forest High School. His father, Ed, played 10 seasons (1983-92) in the NFL.

Wright is 6-2, 284-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Auburn. Originally selected by Detroit in the fourth round of the 2015 draft, he appeared in seven games last year and totaled six tackles. A native of Columbus, Ga., Wright graduated from Carver High School.

So, Harvard, Stanford, and Stanford. Those 2 schools are considered 2 of the Top 5 schools in the country, academically. Along with Yale and Princeton.

I guess we can see what our FO is looking for: brains apparently. (but they need the brawn to go with it.)

So, Harvard, Stanford, and Stanford. Those 2 schools are considered 2 of the Top 5 schools in the country, academically. Along with Yale and Princeton.

I guess we can see what our FO is looking for: brains apparently. (but they need the brawn to go with it.)

That's four schools Gip.

Right.....I will let you choose what you think is the #5 best school in America. But nearly every list would have H, Y, P and S on it.

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time Gip. Personally, I've never been big on just ranking top 5 schools. I think you have to do it based off of economic domain (technology, business, engineering, law, etc.) With that said, you could get away with putting MIT, Caltech, or depending on your audience (aka non-Ivy League), any Ivy League school. You might even be able to get away with a few of the Liberal arts schools but in that situation you're probably going to be hoping that who you're talking to doesn't recognize them and just goes along with what your saying.

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time Gip. Personally, I've never been big on just ranking top 5 schools. I think you have to do it based off of economic domain (technology, business, engineering, law, etc.) With that said, you could get away with putting MIT, Caltech, or depending on your audience (aka non-Ivy League), any Ivy League school. You might even be able to get away with a few of the Liberal arts schools but in that situation you're probably going to be hoping that who you're talking to doesn't recognize them and just goes along with what your saying.

I have had this argument with Woody..I certainly recognize them. In fact.....if you are looking at rankings done (though I agree...it isn't the be all), those smaller Liberal Arts schools do quite well. More of them may be considered better than the bigger schools.

In fact, looking at Forbes Top 50 schools, 22 of them are considered small Liberal Arts schools. (my son went to one....my daughter attends another that is in the Top 100. He goes to grad school at one of almost Top Ten.)

So, you love trains? jk

(so, why would you not say MIT or Cal Tech....which could certainly be viable choices)

Yup... Still have my HO collection... wanna make something of it? ;)

Overall University was the operative phrase. For Engineering I have no doubt MIT would be #1 and CalPoly would jump into the conversation. But some of the Ivys would likely hang around as well.

If the topic is engineering within the Ivies, Cornell is far and away #1.. both in quality of individual major and breadth of specialties offered. USNews agrees both for undergrad and MS/PhD.

Of course I'm not biased [it's my alma mater].

Cornell is also interestingly the only Ivy with public school colleges - so there's something called "Hotel Administration" which is essentially a business major for those who find "undergrad business school" too fast paced.. But it's one of only 3 undergrad hotel management degrees, so [last time I checked] 55% of all US hotels are managed by people with Cornell degrees.. The result is that for NewYorkians, parts of it are a public school and thus the "overall" is not a 1:1 comparison with the other [private school] Ivies.

According to Bloomberg, Cornell has the #1 undergrad business school among the Ivies, interestingly.

As to other degrees, Cornell is #5 in the Ivies on essentially everything [i looked at MBA, Law, and Medicine at USNews and stopped].. which means they're in a tie for top10 in the country for whatever you'll want.

Archived