THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

I'm on record saying I think RG3 will be franchise qb material, IF he stays healthy.. With our o-line looking the way it is and the strong possibility we ship Joe Thomas away.. I don't see RG3 staying upright all season.

If I have to eat crow, I'd love to eat it to the tune of drafting Brad Kaaya, QB from Miami. We are likely going to suck, and the Eagles are probably gonna suck too, which gives us in all likelihood 2 high first round picks. No excuses for not getting a franchise QB.

Now I know it's early.. But Kaaya is a prototypical NFL ready pocket passer.. Fuck the dual threat bullshit.. It's clear the only sustainable offense in this league is a steady run game and throws from the pocket.. Kaaya has the ability to sit in the pocket and diagnose the defense

His only downside is his frame, he's 6'4 220 ish, needs to put on about 10 lbs.

To me, he compares to Teddy Twatwater with his accuracy and NFL readiness in reading defense and throwing from the pocket.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a couple "good" collegiate QBs this weekend.

• ND's Junior Kizer may have the strongest arm I have seen in a long time. And at 6'4 - 230 has the size.
  • The UW Senior, Bart Houston, showed poise and was reading D. And ran over an LSU DB with his 6'4 - 235 frame.

A lot more out there to check out.

Will be fun to see if any of them become "great".

I was thinking we should start a few threads in the college ball forum, for position groups. QBs obviously up there, and I have a feeling this is the year we take a top LT as well to play RT and take over from JT. That's a lot of Ts.

I was thinking we should start a few threads in the college ball forum, for position groups. QBs obviously up there, and I have a feeling this is the year we take a top LT as well to play RT and take over from JT. That's a lot of Ts.

Sadly it is time to start thinking about Joe's replacement, what a shame to waste HOF talent with the mess he fell into.

Brad Kaayais absolute garbage. I don't see how anyone can see anything remotely good in his play.

Half of his performances are unwatchable.

Who you watching in 2016?

Oh man....are we talking 2017 draft already...???

dont.....even....have ......the......energy.....

But, since its opened up.....they better draft all OL and LB's or I quit.....

5 OL and 6 LB's should do the trick

Saw a couple "good" collegiate QBs this weekend.

• ND's Junior Kizer may have the strongest arm I have seen in a long time. And at 6'4 - 230 has the size.
  • The UW Senior, Bart Houston, showed poise and was reading D. And ran over an LSU DB with his 6'4 - 235 frame.

A lot more out there to check out.

Will be fun to see if any of them become "great".

I was very impressed with Kizer. I ran hot and cold on Bart Houston. Houston's mental error's (INT in the end zone negating an easy 3 points and the pic 6) were almost enough to ruin how much Wisconsin's Oline was dominating LSU early. The huge time of possession advantage they earned the old fashion way shouldn't have added up to a scoreboard of LSU 14 Wisconsin 13. However, he came up huge when it was time to win the game on an impressive final drive.

If that track star trying to play WR at Texas didn't have a rock quarry for hands, the true freshman QB (Buechel) for Texas had a stronger and more accurate missile launch than North Korea. Then again - who doesn't? That kid threw a beautiful deep ball on the money. There's a small mechanic flaw similar to the one Kerry Collins had coming out but he'll have a few years to iron it out. Inexperience also caught up with him here and there as to be expected.

The college QB I will probably watch more this year is Kizer. I'm just not sold on Watson, Kaaya, or Kelly, but who knows?

As far as "tanking" for ANY player, NOOOO! Not now, not ever (my opinion). Also, I can't see Hue, Sashi, & Company considering that.

Mike

Kizer is the Notre Dame QB here, right? I know it's brief highlights, but it seemed like most of the TDs he just threw it up and let his receiver go get it. Manziel to Evans like.

That would be him... but not seeing JFF-jumpballs here...

• 1st TD at 0:11 is a touch, back-shoulder throw.
  • 2nd at 0:38 is a 30-yd, zone-splitter with more on it.
  • 3rd at 1:30 was an easy toss after extending play with eyes downfield.
  • 4th at 1:41 was a well placed ball to a HB.
  • 5th at 2:40 was a double-clutched screen that was more about the team execution, but had he robo-threw on timing, then at best the toss was batted down.

The throw that prompted my arm strength comment was not in the highlights. It was a sideline incompletion about 40 yards downfield. Saying it was "on a rope" woulld be hyperbolic, but it had minimal hump in it and a lot of zip.

Just my $0.02... $0.04... $0.06... etc...

A few of Kizer's throws made me take note of him.

I watched Kaaya during the FSU game last year? Wasn't impressed. His footwork, his motion, his inability to climb the pocket. No thanks.

I'm not even sure I like Watson as a franchise player. To me, every year we attempt to say 'here is the franchise QB pick'. When in reality none exist.

I am keeping an eye on Myles from A&M. Love his first step, not in love with his inability to shed blocks. Also, whoever 93 was for Alabama vs USC. I'll be watching him throughout the season as well.

Get shit on for Deshaun sounds much better

We need a thread or threads to track college players to fill needed positions. I watch tons of SEC,ACC & BIG TEN. Hopefully our new front office learns to evaluate talent. There are too many players succeeding on other teams that we passed on.

Offensive line is most important. What good is a franchise QB with broken ribs, vertebrae, & concussions!

Someone who isn't on the radar will most likely emerge as Quarterback seeing how Goff & Wentz went 1&2. I hope Dak Prescott makes fools out of everyone. He was the best QB in the draft and the Browns took Kessler! A drunk Manziel is better than Kessler. So next year we will be looking again.

I like RG3 and wish him success; Lord knows he has the weapons with Pryor, Coleman, Barnidge and Gordon. The Browns better have a running game to keep RG3 upright and I didn't see it in pre-season.

Draft a running back, DB, Oline with all those picks in 2017

A few of Kizer's throws made me take note of him.

I'm not even sure I like Watson as a franchise player. To me, every year we attempt to say 'here is the franchise QB pick'. When in reality none exist.

I am keeping an eye on Myles from A&M. Love his first step, not in love with his inability to shed blocks. Also, whoever 93 was for Alabama vs USC. I'll be watching him throughout the season as well.

BAMA 93 is a Senior named Jonathan Allen. Very much looks the part of a 3-4 DE.

Myles Garrett physically looks like a different player this year. Thought he still looked like a rail last season. Now? Listed at 270 and looks it. Best of all he doesn't seem to have lost a step.

Just realized I did not notice TAMU's #5, Daylon Mack, vs. USC. Last year you could not help but notice him.

Watson looked decent, but not special. But it's Week 1 so...

We need a thread or threads to track college players to fill needed positions. I watch tons of SEC,ACC & BIG TEN. Hopefully our new front office learns to evaluate talent. There are too many players succeeding on other teams that we passed on.

Offensive line is most important. What good is a franchise QB with broken ribs, vertebrae, & concussions!

Someone who isn't on the radar will most likely emerge as Quarterback seeing how Goff & Wentz went 1&2. I hope Dak Prescott makes fools out of everyone. He was the best QB in the draft and the Browns took Kessler! A drunk Manziel is better than Kessler. So next year we will be looking again.

I like RG3 and wish him success; Lord knows he has the weapons with Pryor, Coleman, Barnidge and Gordon. The Browns better have a running game to keep RG3 upright and I didn't see it in pre-season.

Draft a running back, DB, Oline with all those picks in 2017

Is a drunk manziel better than Kessler? Doubtful

I am keeping an eye on Myles from A&M. Love his first step, not in love with his inability to shed blocks.

This is a typical "block" on Garrett administered by likely UCLA 1st rounder LT McDermott. Either that or arm around the neck. It rarely gets called in the SEC. And yeah that is the QB to the left that he's after as he is already by the LT.

14225491_1168805699850960_64140537595733

And another. Neither was called.

14212778_1168805636517633_66918607860722

Who you watching in 2016?

My tentative top 5 doesn't differ too much from that of the main talking heads - I'd go Watson, Kelly, Kizer, Mayfield, Rudolph. I think Kelly and Watson are the only two worth their salt in this year's draft so far, but I also do like Kizer as a fringe guy.

I like Rudolph's size, but that's really it.

I think Falk is a good QB but I don't see any transferrable skills - he throws a ton of floaters to his first and second reads and that's it.

I'm taking a principled stand against Rosen because he's a douchewallet, and I think Kaaya is absolutely awful.

Webb is interesting because of his size and arm talent, he could rapidly climb boards if he excels in the Bear Raid.

Then, the homer in me has to always pull for Barrett, obviously. Surprisingly, I'm woefully behind on small school/ under the radar guys. I haven't been paying attention, to be honest.

Archived