THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Making Money

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Yeah- can we tell them concession and beer prices are outrageous? I hope their advanced analytics show them it's not exactly Rocket Science why Tailgating has exponentially increased over the years.

FWIW, (and interestingly) I got targeted (as a member of Browns Backers World Wide) with a Browns e-mail survey recently asking how many games I go to, how far I travel, and my opinion about some of their sponsors. Hmmmm... Coke, Pepsi, and a few others. Maybe they'll switch to DiGiornos at the stadium, because I told them IMHO Pizza Hut and Papa John's are garbage. Beer? You want me to drink piss water Bud Lite @ $9 bucks a pop? At that price I want all the alcohol I'm entitled to. At least give me a Labatts, or those very elusive Bloody Mary stands.

Yeah- can we tell them concession and beer prices are outrageous? I hope their advanced analytics show them it's not exactly Rocket Science why Tailgating has exponentially increased over the years.

FWIW, (and interestingly) I got targeted (as a member of Browns Backers World Wide) with a Browns e-mail survey recently asking how many games I go to, how far I travel, and my opinion about some of their sponsors. Hmmmm... Coke, Pepsi, and a few others. Maybe they'll switch to DiGiornos at the stadium, because I told them IMHO Pizza Hut and Papa John's are garbage. Beer? You want me to drink piss water Bud Lite @ $9 bucks a pop? At that price I want all the alcohol I'm entitled to. At least give me a Labatts, or those very elusive Bloody Mary stands.

The thing about alcohol is they know they got you. I would guarantee what they do with this data is find the equilibrium threshold where price =/= desired revenue. Basically, people are willing to pay $9 bucks and the Browns make the revenue they want on that. Goes up to $10? Sales dip to the point where revenue goes down, which could very well be true.

Trust me, I'm with you and am the type to get a good buzz on going into the stadium and maintain with 2 or so beers during the game. The one thing I'll say though is I have no doubt this leads to more fights and crap in the stadium (which I'll never understand for the life of me).

Really interesting stuff here though. I personally wouldn't buy a season ticket in any shape or form because they've sucked so bad, but at least the business machine is strong.

The thing about alcohol is they know they got you. I would guarantee what they do with this data is find the equilibrium threshold where price =/= desired revenue. Basically, people are willing to pay $9 bucks and the Browns make the revenue they want on that. Goes up to $10? Sales dip to the point where revenue goes down, which could very well be true.

Trust me, I'm with you and am the type to get a good buzz on going into the stadium and maintain with 2 or so beers during the game. The one thing I'll say though is I have no doubt this leads to more fights and crap in the stadium (which I'll never understand for the life of me).

Really interesting stuff here though. I personally wouldn't buy a season ticket in any shape or form because they've sucked so bad, but at least the business machine is strong.

They don't have me. If I go, I will do my eating and drinking pregame at the tailgate......and not buy any of their overpriced crap. I eat and drink enough before hand to sustain me through the game.

Except, I think the one game I am going to will be with a special package.

haven't been to a game since the browns came to the old jets stadium in jersey decades ago with metcalf running the opening kickoff back for a TD.

what is security protocol for letting people bring things into the stadium nowadays. went to a sublime tribute concert at jones beach a month ago and as long as it was a plastic container and you weren't an ass they let us bring in all kids of shit. same back in the day at concerts. why would football game be any different? just pour some deep eddy in a poland spring bottle and enjoy the show.

I got the same survey.

haven't been to a game since the browns came to the old jets stadium in jersey decades ago with metcalf running the opening kickoff back for a TD.

what is security protocol for letting people bring things into the stadium nowadays. went to a sublime tribute concert at jones beach a month ago and as long as it was a plastic container and you weren't an ass they let us bring in all kids of shit. same back in the day at concerts. why would football game be any different? just pour some deep eddy in a poland spring bottle and enjoy the show.

It's a whole different world now Mik. No backpacks, no coolers, no bottled anything. LOL that bottle of Poland Spring could be nitroglycerine ya know. The women can't even bring in a purse. Gotta be a small clear plastic bag. You get wanded, have to take off your cap. If they find metal, you have to show what it is. At least binoculars (not in a case) and cellphones are still OK. They're treating every NFL game as a potential terrorist target.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/11/16/9739750/bengals-enhanced-security-procedures-monday-night-texans

At least binoculars (not in a case) and cellphones are still OK. They're treating every NFL game as a potential terrorist target.

Any smart one would pack his binocs with C-4 and his cell phone with a remote trigger. These checks are ridiculous unless they actually make sure the binocs are functional.

Any smart one would pack his binocs with C-4 and his cell phone with a remote trigger. These checks are ridiculous unless they actually make sure the binocs are functional.

Exactly Ag. I've seen "dummy" binocs advertised https://www.amazon.com/HomeWetBar-F45-Secret-Binocular-Flask/dp/B001U5VG6G where you can load them up with 16 ounces of your favorite adult beverage, or high explosives if you had a mind to.

I got really POed a few years back- about an a-hole screener. I have a small pair of binocs that have a nice soft shell fabric case. Well, the binocs were fine, the screener told me- "you can't bring that in here." -meaning the case. It was like what the f**k, I turned it inside out, there's nothing in there dude. Still wouldn't let me through the gate. Wasn't about to toss it, so I turned around, stuffed the case in my back pocket, and went through another line. Still rankles me when I think about it.

Ah- brings back memories of the good old days, when you could bring about anything in with you,as long as you were 1\2 discreet about it. Ag, you may not have heard the story about the Dog House that used to reside right at the base of the Dawg Pound way back. Very nice looking Dog House in Brown and Orange BTW. Too bad the owners eventually got busted, when a guard noticed it took 4 guys to bring it in, and only two guys to bring it out. Seems it contained a keg of beer. :)

Growing up, we had season seats....front row, upper deck.....and sat next to 2 old guys who'd been coming to games forever. And those 2 would walk in with a freaking brief case....plop it up on the cement wall.....open it, to reveal a complete mini bar.....with 2 decanters, rocks and shot glasses, etc.....and would drink and pour shots for everybody.....week after week.....year after year....

And, way more than once, the ushers joined us for a victory shot.....(well, not "us", cause I was just a kid)....

Growing up, we had season seats....front row, upper deck.....and sat next to 2 old guys who'd been coming to games forever. And those 2 would walk in with a freaking brief case....plop it up on the cement wall.....open it, to reveal a complete mini bar.....with 2 decanters, rocks and shot glasses, etc.....and would drink and pour shots for everybody.....week after week.....year after year....

And, way more than once, the ushers joined us for a victory shot.....(well, not "us", cause I was just a kid)....

fucking awesome

Archived