THE BROWNS BOARD

The Great Zomboni Predicts 2016

Zombo

That recipe won't work again IMO.

Manning's skills were lacking last year, but even a diminished Peyton was still HOF at game managing and leading.

Those games they won down the stretch were all close and I doubt osweiler would have won them and I know Siemian wouldn't have.

I know Manning's stat were bad but they had him in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage ... that's a lot.

Trevor Siemian will be a trivia question in five years. I am not even going to learn how to correctly spell his name because he won't last that long.

Zombo

Maybe, we shall see. I will say that I think they are better off with him than they would have been with Mark Sanchez starting.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All jokes aside Siemian didn't play too bad honestly. Yes he threw 2 picks. Yes he had under 200 yards. He also played one of the best defenses in the NFL. Even if Gano would of made that field goal I would still be saying the same thing. He looked like a qb that can play in Kubiak'so offense. It was his first game. First start. He did enough to come out with the W.imo. no hate on your predictions though. To each his own

The kid had peyton manning mentoring him and talked to manning the day before the game on the phone. As far as Raw Talent goes, does he have enough? I don't think so. But sure, he can manage a game for now. Definitely makes mistakes though. I'd say he's a little worse than Colt McCoy.

The kid had peyton manning mentoring him and talked to manning the day before the game on the phone. As far as Raw Talent goes, does he have enough? I don't think so. But sure, he can manage a game for now. Definitely makes mistakes though. I'd say he's a little worse than Colt McCoy.

Colt never had Denver's D. And until the Browns realize they need that kind of D, there will be no QB who can save this franchise.

Colt never had Denver's D. And until the Browns realize they need that kind of D, there will be no QB who can save this franchise.

Not sure how you get there. Plenty of QBs have transcended their team's defensive shortcomings.

The Great Zomboni Predictions - Hilarious and entertaining.

The next weeks rationalization and revisionist history display a true genius.

I look forward to them!

Hey everybody, look here!

Look at who is too big of a PUSSY to make a prediction.

Zombo

-- If you are not man enough to make a prediction before the season or before a game, don't even bother coming after me afterward, because it will not work out good for you.

Zombo

-- If you are not man enough to make a prediction before the season or before a game, don't even bother coming after me afterward, because it will not work out good for you.

2016 predictions:

Gipper will do trivia threads

People will still bitch about shit regardless of our record

Ghoolie will still be a fat old blowhard

Zombo - LOVE the optimism.. You are a true Browns fan. I hope we go 9-7 and make the playoffs, but logically I highly doubt it happens. Here's my prediction for the 2016 season:

@Eagles -WIN

vs. Ravens - LOSS

@Dolphins - WIN (Dolphins are going to be HORRIBLE this year...)

@Redskins - LOSS

vs Patriots - LOSS

@Titans - LOSS

@Bengals -LOSS

vs. Jets -LOSS

Vs. Cowboys -LOSS

@Ravens -LOSS

Vs. Steelers -LOSS

Vs. Giants - LOSS

Vs. Bengals -WIN

@Bills- LOSS

vs. Chargers - LOSS

@Steelers - LOSS

We finish 3-13.. RG3 can't stay healthy.. McCown plays well but can't win.. Kessler will play and suck

Our draft picks actually show promise.. And we have faith going into the 2017 draft with Hueshi ( Hue and Sashi)..

We end up with two top 5 picks (Eagles are going to be bad too) and HOPEFULLY get our QB of the future

Name a few.....really quality teams that had a QB overcome a bad defense. I think that would be very rare. Only one possible I can think of is the 2006 Colts.

We're not talking championships; we are talking franchise-saving QBs. Manning had already "saved" the Colts' franchise before his first SB win in 2006.

A few "others"...

• Sipe...
  • Brady some years...
  • Rodgers...
  • Brees...
  • McNair...

We're not talking championships; we are talking franchise-saving QBs. Manning had already "saved" the Colts' franchise before his first SB win in 2006.

A few "others"...

• Sipe...
  • Brady some years...
  • Rodgers...
  • Brees...
  • McNair...

No, I think we are talking championships, or near championships. So here are some statistics:

Since the Super Bowl began, and not counting last year, a team that has been ranked higher than 9th in defense has won the Super Bowl just 9 times......but here is the fresh part: 5 of those 9 have been since 2006:

2012 Ravens 12th

2011 Giants 25th

2009 Saints 20th

2007 Giants 17th

2006 Colts 23rd

Before that only the following SB winners were ranked higher than 9th:

1983 Raiders 13th

1980 Raiders 10th

1976 Raiders 12th

1968 Jets 10th

Though, to be fair, with Super Bowl Champions, only 11 teams were higher than 9th in offense. The worst offense, in terms of ranking to win a Super Bowl:

Your 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers. 20th in offense (1st in defense) Others:

2002 Bucs, 18th

1990 Giants 15th

1968 Jets 16th

Only 3 teams have won a SB where both offense and defense ranked lower than 9th:

1968 Jets 10th Defense, 16th offense

2007 Giants 17th defense, 14th offense

2012 Ravens 12th defense, 10th offense

The Champions with the biggest disparity between offense and defense (either way):

2006 Colts 2d offense, 23rd defense ....a 21 place gap

2008 Steelers 20th ranked offense 1st in defense....a 19 place gap

2002 Bucs 18th ranked offense 1st in defense...17 place gap

2011 Giants 9th ranked offense, 25th ranked defense....16 place gap

the above stats may not be pertinent what we were talking about, but I came across them in trying to figure out which teams were carried by their offense over a bad defense.

That Colts team is clearly the one that stands out.

Zombo

c'mon man. i know we've been going at it this preseason and you are the ultimate homer

BUT

just cuz people like me aren't drinking the kool aid and predicting the browns as a superbowl winner does not mean we're not fans. it'd be nice to waltz through this season as if sippin on hurricanes all day in la la land but BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. (holmgren anyone?)

now i'll tell you what though. i'm VERY surprised at the amount of talking heads that are saying the browns are close to playoff contention this year when they've basically stripped the team of all it's talent in the nfl's version of money ball.

nothing in my life would make me happier than to see the browns be that good even if it means i'm that wrong (again). just don't see it, yet.

who else in the NFC?

carolina (served). green bay (olivia munn has milked rodgers dry....heh). seattle.

i'm going across the bay from sandusky and sayin the DETROIT LIONS.

what's that taste like? chicken?

DETROIT VS. KANSAS CITY superbowl. book it.

who else in the NFC?

DETROIT VS. KANSAS CITY superbowl. book it.

I can't believe in Detroit but can see the wide open AFC and KC vs AZ and my FL QB Carson Palmer!

c'mon man. i know we've been going at it this preseason and you are the ultimate homer

BUT

just cuz people like me aren't drinking the kool aid and predicting the browns as a superbowl winner does not mean we're not fans. it'd be nice to waltz through this season as if sippin on hurricanes all day in la la land but BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. (holmgren anyone?)

now i'll tell you what though. i'm VERY surprised at the amount of talking heads that are saying the browns are close to playoff contention this year when they've basically stripped the team of all it's talent in the nfl's version of money ball.

nothing in my life would make me happier than to see the browns be that good even if it means i'm that wrong (again). just don't see it, yet.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

I am talking about guys that make no predictions and then jump on mine after the games have been played.

I don't care if you pick the Browns to be 2-14 or get waxed by the Eagles, just put it up there now ... Don't be that guy that jumps in with the "HaHa" post when he didn't provide his own opinion BEFORE the game/season.

I don't care what your opinion is, just give it now and back it up like a man ... I always stand by my picks ... No time for Monday morning douchebags that didn't give one beforehand.

Z

Why not just go full acid trip and pick the browns to win it all? Theres literally an equal chance of that happening as they are of going 9-7 and winning the division

You are a stupid fuck. And you don't know what "literally" means.

Z

You are a stupid fuck. And you don't know what "literally" means.

Z

Definition of literally

: in a literal sense or manner : actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>

: in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice — Norman Cousins>

See literally defined for English-language learners

See literally defined for kids

Examples: literally in a sentence

Tip: Usage guide

There is "literally" the exact same chance of the Browns winning the SB as they are going 9-7 you shitdicking scrublord. Not figuratively...because that would imply the statement is hyperbole. It isn't...the two scenario's, SB vs 9-7, are so far out of the realm of possibility that they are statistically identical. Get it now colon lick?

Definition of literally

: in a literal sense or manner : actually <took the remark literally> <was literally insane>

: in effect : virtually <will literally turn the world upside down to combat cruelty or injustice Norman Cousins>

See literally defined for English-language learners

See literally defined for kids

Examples: literally in a sentence

Tip: Usage guide

There is "literally" the exact same chance of the Browns winning the SB as they are going 9-7 you shitdicking scrublord. Not figuratively...because that would imply the statement is hyperbole. It isn't...the two scenario's, SB vs 9-7, are so far out of the realm of possibility that they are statistically identical. Get it now colon lick?

I get it that you are dumb as fuck.

The odds of them going 9-7 are higher than those of them winning the Super Bowl.

Please, for the love of God and all that is holy, learn what the word "literally" means.

Hint: It does not involve your opinion.

Z

I get it that you are dumb as fuck.

The odds of them going 9-7 are higher than those of them winning the Super Bowl.

Please, for the love of God and all that is holy, learn what the word "literally" means.

Hint: It does not involve your opinion.

Z

listen fart catch....i pasted the definition, it's not my opinion. My contention is that i'm not making a figurative statement of probability. I'm being literal, there is no difference in probability of the browns going 9-7 as they are of winning the SB. Both events are so far out in the future the difference is statistically irrelevant. If ur still not following along catch some more farts, i don't know how to help.

listen fart catch....i pasted the definition, it's not my opinion. My contention is that i'm not making a figurative statement of probability. I'm being literal, there is no difference in probability of the browns going 9-7 as they are of winning the SB. Both events are so far out in the future the difference is statistically irrelevant. If ur still not following along catch some more farts, i don't know how to help.

You pasted the definition ... but you still don't understand it.

You went right back into your opinion again.

There is not "literally" an equal chance of both things happening.

It is just the way you feel.

I feel like I am bitchslapping a 12-year old. But I am not literally bitchslapping a 12-year old.

Zombo

Cleve doesn't get meanings of words.

Cleve, if you literally want to prove your point, do some calcs on winning games.....

of course there is a difference...there is a different probability for each game matchup.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/about/win_prob.htm

I kind of understand what you're saying, except it's wrong. Claiming that an event's probability is the same as another's because they are both in the future is backwards thinking.

Probability is nearly strictly meant for future events, therefore claiming that an event's probability of happening is strictly related to its position on a timeline isn't logical.

You're taking a very binary look at it, which technically isn't wrong - it either happens or it doesn't. In binomial probability, however, you have to factor in the number of trials, the percentage change of success and the percentage chance of failure and plug it into a formula created by a man named Jacob Bernoulli - a man smarter than you or I ever wish to be.

I could sit here and do it for you, but I'm awfully lazy and I don't care enough to do that. Suffice it to say, the probability of the Browns going 9-7 is not the same as the probability they win the Super Bowl, and it's not because they are both "in the future".

(For anyone who's knowledgeable in the field of statistics, I apologize. I'm sure there are far better ways to compute the probability of a game of football)

Archived