THE BROWNS BOARD

SUNDAY 9/11 Anniversary, The Anthem, NFL Stance and My Money

miktoxic

My understanding is that CK is kneeling because of racial injustice. Does he really feel it more than Jackie Robinson did? Or any black athlete in the fifties or sixties? Did any of them kneel and disrespect the country they lived in? Kinda doubt it. "

I stand and remove my hat for the national anthem and am a son of a Purple Heart recipient......but this statement is inaccurate. There were various acts of protest at Olympic Games and athletes like Ali, Jim Brown, Jabber and others.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand and remove my hat for the national anthem and am a son of a Purple Heart recipient......but this statement is inaccurate. There were various acts of protest at Olympic Games and athletes like Ali, Jim Brown, Jabber and others.

True. Simply saying I would think those guys, the guys in the sixties where you still had segregation and blatant open racism all around, would have a little more valid of a reason. If anyone says things haven't changed dramatically since then is insane.

yes. and they would be shunned today given the world post 9/11.

i mean really? who you gonna call? ghostbusters?

i love the "i'll defend his right' blah blah blah when you can't even defend your country first.

It's what he's saying. I don't know one way or the other, but I'm sure he has his experiences and stats and you have yours. I will say that I don't believe for one moment that it's merely pure fantasy.

I don't know what kind of experiences he's had as a half black man with the police. If he had been illegally arrested or a cop has used excessive force on him, I've never heard about it. As a police officer, someone saying there is systematic racism in American law enforcement makes me sick. Are there some cops who are truly racist? Wouldn't doubt it. Is the number less than 0.001%. I could almost guarantee it. I've been a cop for over a decade and I've never met another officer who I could say was a true racist.

This country is more than divided, it is fractured, and the only thing we had left that united us were those couple of minutes on Sunday before a football game when we all stood together to show appreciation for how lucky we are to have been born in this country, despite its past mistakes.

And now the liberals have gone and fucked that up too.

Fuck liberals, fuck Kaeperdick and any ungrateful "look at me" attention seeking athlete or celebrity. Die motherfuckers.

Its bad enough to sit in protest during the anthem, but its doubly bad when you are protesting a lie, the false narrative that cops are out to kill black people. Fuck you assholes who believe that.

Zero problem with what Kaepernick has decided to do here. It's not a comment on the military.

Two quotes... one reflects what America is all about while the other proves why this thread does not belong in this section.

colin coffeecake has a right to be an asswhole, and what he did was asswholish.

Exactly... even though with the rest of your post you question that right.

If he didn't make it a big deal it wouldn't be one.

And there it is... A protest is designed to draw attention. His did. Then the attention is turned to a cause. He did.

Blah blah blah. I love invisible people. Really hard to see, cuz they don't stand for anything or speak on anything until you step on their toes, then they scream.

If he didn't make it a big deal it wouldn't be one.

I speak when necessary and when it's most likely to actually mean something. What is railing against a dumb dumb or proclaiming how patriotic I am going to help solve the issue at hand?

He most definitely wanted to make it a big deal and damn near everyone was more than happy to oblige him. If you don't agree with him and want to stick it to him, simply don't talk about it. Don't give him the attention he wants.

I speak when necessary and when it's most likely to actually mean something. What is railing against a dumb dumb or proclaiming how patriotic I am going to help solve the issue at hand?

He most definitely wanted to make it a big deal and damn near everyone was more than happy to oblige him. If you don't agree with him and want to stick it to him, simply don't talk about it. Don't give him the attention he wants.

That one is on the corporate media

well if it's not rg3 or ghoolie, what else can we bitch about? the price of tea in china?

a non-vet will ever win this argument. it will never happen.

and this titled thread should be emblazened on every u.s .civilian's ass when thinking about it and posted at the top of every board. like it or not pal.

There is no 'winner' in this argument. There is no 'argument', in all actuality.

Kaep has a right to speak out as he pleases in peaceful protest. You might disagree with his stance, lord knows I do. But if you take that away, you quite literally eat at the foundation of America.

It's quite the conundrum in and of itself.

Again, I don't agree with it but I God damn well at least like having the option to exercise that right.

There is no 'winner' in this argument. There is no 'argument', in all actuality.

Kaep has a right to speak out as he pleases in peaceful protest. You might disagree with his stance, lord knows I do. But if you take that away, you quite literally eat at the foundation of America.

It's quite the conundrum in and of itself.

Again, I don't agree with it but I God damn well at least like having the option to exercise that right.

Good post. He does have the right to protest peacefully. Too bad he's not protesting and just seeking attention.

Well, one this is for sure....the Browns must really suck bad, if on the day before the opener, the ONLY discussion is about some 2nd string douche bag QB, 3000 miles away, who is protesting, or didnt stand for the anthem.....whatever.....

The countries full of idiots and dipshits, yet lets get all bent out of shape because we found another one....

Sheesh...

SUNDAY 9/11 Anniversary, The Anthem, NFL Stance and My Money

Personally I believe the SUNDAY 9/11 Anniversary part overweighs all of the other topics going on in this country on that day and if they do a moment of silence or whatever and then all this other "stuff" breaks out it will be a mixed message mess.

One day with one issue?

No one's questioning his right. Continuing to harp on that notion just makes you look like you agree with him. We're simply saying he's an ungrateful tool, which he is.

A subject well covered in the poli board. If that was the intent this whole time (likely) the mosey on over there and make it.

Ok I've tried to be silent can't do er.

Oppression are you serious? He grew up, got to go to college and had white parents. Then neglects to see we've had a black President for the last 8 fucking years that's turned his back to major issues? Not to mention he's been under scrutiny himself for making racial slurs against the black folk?

Not only to I try not to be so cynical but find him hypocritical. It's the nation that has made him not the nation that has held him back for any reason. Ya nice hairdo bud.

To me I see the Flag as to the ones who've fallen and served for our freedom; not for the ones who've lucked out and now feel the need to speak out for a reason for self admiraration.

As for the police. Hey if they thugs they gonna get dealt wif.

yeah when i think of 9/11, i think of politics.

the people that don't see the difference between what someone that served their country sees when kaep does what he does compared to some liliwhite priveledged fuck that hasn't done shit for their country sees IS THE PROBLEM.

i should have apologized in advance knowing how i'd react to this subject. yes mods throw this to the poli board if you want. remembering 9/11 is way bigger than one person's opinion and i hope i didn't make a mockery of it by bringing up jafro.

hold your family tight today. and....

GO BROWNS!!!

the people that don't see the difference between what someone that served their country sees when kaep does what he does compared to some liliwhite priveledged fuck that hasn't done shit for their country sees IS THE PROBLEM.

Sorry, mik... if his "protest" has shown one thing it's that even vets saw different things when he did what he did.

a small percentage tour. very very small. out of the packed house yesterday college football saturday at the VFW i was at not one agreed with him. and that's in tarrytown, ny. imagine olathe, ks? biloxi, ms (yep)?

i gotta quit this topic cuz all i'm gonna be fed til kickoff is 9/11 footage and i might start breaking shit.

a small percentage tour. very very small. out of the packed house yesterday college football saturday at the VFW i was at not one agreed with him. and that's in tarrytown, ny. imagine olathe, ks? biloxi, ms (yep)?

i gotta quit this topic cuz all i'm gonna be fed til kickoff is 9/11 footage and i might start breaking shit.

i must be blind because i didn't see a second of footage showing someone sitting or kneeling in this commercial. guess i'm in the minority, but kinda liked that spot.

thank you joe thomas!!

MIC DROP!!!!!!

i must be blind because i didn't see a second of footage showing someone sitting or kneeling in this commercial. guess i'm in the minority, but kinda liked that spot.

thank you joe thomas!!

MIC DROP!!!!!!

What a GREAT video. I would like it if they played it before every pro game today.

brand new. if it was available friday i woulda thrown this up and just walked away. this is the message i was trying to send (along with my disdain for the jafro).

you want to see what i'm talking about just turn to cnn now or any national news feed.

Archived