THE BROWNS BOARD

Why we will all see (if we want to...) the terrific difference in the Browns the first game

calfoxwc

Let me remind you, this is the football board, old man. You're clearly confused on where you clicked. Stick to the poli board - there you can ignore facts and logic in an attempt to win arguments. Plus, I simply don't give a shit about politics. You didn't chime in until waaaaay later.

To clarify, I cooled on Wentz. Tour pointed out that I should pay keen attention to Goff's anticipation for his throws during the pre draft process. Which during that process I noted Jared was ahead of Carson in that regard. I felt Wentz a smart enough and adaptable kid to take to good coaching, nose in a playbook and perhaps his physical gifts could elevate his play to make up for the short comings early on.

Either way, I would have been Happy with Goff, Wentz, or the trade down with us getting any type of impact player so long as that player made a god damn contribution and a difference (in time).

Marcus Mariota looked like the second coming of Christ week 1 of last year. Carson may very well have experienced some growth, but I'm not going to cry over our trade out and passing on him. I do not and never envisioned

him being Andrew Luck 2.0 and that was the last QB I remember seeing within moments and praying we'd fuck up vs Indy for the #1.

So be it if we build the team with young players and trash this year. So be it. As I've said earlier, a proper tanking, no half measures. But do not prop up a QB class if its weak.

Wentz looked decent today, but its game 1 of a long career.

edit: I'd also like to say this is one of the more annoying and childish things I've ever done. But it a) proves Cal wrong ... B) well, that's about it.

Wentz is no better a QB than Goff. If Carson goes the way of RG3 after his rookie year and Jared takes the Aaron Rodgers route, what then? Placing an assessment on a QB this early is beyond

stupid. I guess that's my point.

To clarify, I cooled on Wentz. Tiamsies

Thank you. I was watching Wentz play most of the year. I talked about him to

Canton Mike most of the college season.

I it isn't that "first person to mention"....

so, you COOLED on Wentz. I never cooled on Wentz.

So, you ran your mouth and painted yourself into a corner. Figures you were "the guy" on Wentz

when you "cooled on him" because Tour talked about Goff instead. It's tough to disagree with guys like

Tour and Flugels...and a lot of guys on the board know football more than I do.

I mostly go by having watched the Browns since i was a kid, and instincts on what makes a solid

pick of a draftee. Needless to say, I have had a lot higher standards for years than the Browns goofoffs did.

I never said I was first. Who knows who was. I said nobody was/is a bigger fan of Wentz than I was.

Gee. I went and did a fancy search on mock drafts where I posted in, and did mock drafts..

here is what I found:

Kessler in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by PoeticG, 30 Apr 2016

Last Post by Flugel, 21 May 2016
  • 240 replies
Corey Coleman ! in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by calfoxwc, 29 Apr 2016

Last Post by Opal312, 30 Apr 2016
  • 65 replies
Was there ever... in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by Westside Steve, 28 Apr 2016
Last Post by calfoxwc, 29 Apr 2016
  • 10 replies
Calfox's Ultra-Mega Kinda-like Musical Chairs Less St... in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by calfoxwc, 28 Apr 2016
  • 24 replies
Last Flurry of Mocks... Post Fresh Ones Here in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by Tour2ma, 26 Apr 2016

Last Post by Mike H, 28 Apr 2016
  • 47 replies
Post TRADE Browns' mock in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by Tiott, 22 Apr 2016
Last Post by The Gipper, 25 Apr 2016
  • 17 replies
Not so fast with Eagles at two? Sashi's press confere... in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by calfoxwc, 21 Apr 2016
Last Post by Tour2ma, 22 Apr 2016
  • 19 replies
Camp Goff in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by SPEK216, 29 Jan 2016

Last Post by Tim Couch Pulls Out, 23 Apr 2016
  • 492 replies
Pre free agency Browns' Mock draft in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by Tiott, 05 Mar 2016
Last Post by gumby73, 06 Mar 2016
  • 14 replies
Calfox's pre-fa, pre-combine more stupid mock draft t... in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by calfoxwc, 24 Feb 2016
Last Post by Mr. Make-Believe, 27 Feb 2016
  • 19 replies
Camp Kneeback in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by calfoxwc, 10 Feb 2016
Last Post by nickers, 12 Feb 2016
  • 14 replies
First Draftscout Rankings Including Underclassmen And Rou... in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by Tour2ma, 26 Jan 2016

Last Post by Mudfly, 30 Jan 2016
  • 21 replies
Time To Drop The Negativity About The Browns in THE BROWNS BOARD
Started by calfoxwc, 19 Jan 2016

THEN, while I still searched on "mock draft"......

and I just changed the author of posts... to you....

Tiamat63...

guess how many results I got?

No results found for '"mock draft"'.

well, golly gee, taimsies. You didn't have the nads to man up and do a mock draft?

You had great big afraidsies? LOL.

BTW, I never claimed that I started Camp Wentz. It wasn't me. Wasn't you, either.

Pretty stupid to brag that you posted it way earlier than I ever did, since I had knee replacement

surgery last Dec. 28. I didn't get online again for .weeks For two weeks, I lived in my camo recliner,

for the most part.

Here is what I did say about Wentz in March:

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:45 AM

The Tie ? Breaker between Wentz and Goff..why Wentz will be drafted by the Browns

They are both elite qbs. But I watch Wentz being interviewed, he has personality,

and smiles a lot, laughs, makes jokes...

and when you read up on who is he.... he loves the outdoors, he's brilliant in class.

well rounded, fishes/hunts......

and he has a very adorable, pretty girlfriend.

You watch Goff, he seems to not smile much, doesn't joke around much, and any picture

of him seems to be about sports. And he talks about sports. On his free time, he

plays a soccer video game.

Does he get out and do anything else besides the video game and football?

Haven't been able to tell.

Here's what I mean - Wentz is so cool, he attracts people to him.

http://sportsday.dal...b-tries-emulate

On being an outdoorsman:

"I'm big into hunting, getting out and getting away whenever I can. I just enjoy the outdoors. I hunt a little bit of everything, as much as I can in North Dakota. A lot of deer and pheasants. In the winter, coyotes, the whole nine yards."

On the kill he's most proud of:

"I got a pretty big buck a couple years ago, but I just love getting out. Whatever it is I'm doing, even if it's just going out hiking or whatever, I just love getting out and seeing the world."

http://sports.yahoo....WQDBHNlYwNzcg--

He grew up here, playing sports constantly with his older brother. Zach Wentz was always taller, always better, and he routinely beat Carson in everything until the boy became so frustrated that their parents stepped in. Zach still kept winning anyway. (He still holds the Century passing records, and reminds Carson of this on the regular.) "I probably picked on him too much," Zach says, "because I knew I could beat him and I knew it would rile him up."

All of this made the little brother pretty tough-minded, and the boys became closer and even more resilient after their parents divorced. Zach became a star baseball player and Carson chose football. Carson was a fast-twitch thinker, and he wasn't much for standing in the outfield for 30 minutes waiting for another at-bat.

"He's next play, next play, go, go go," Zach says. "He was a little more impatient than I was."

View gallery

080e9930-d900-11e5-9041-a51322c8f0a1_IMG

Zach Wentz still likes to tease his younger brother Carson. (Y Sports)

Carson could handle information quickly, and all of his coaches marveled at this ability even before he grew into his football frame. While his classmates were getting senioritis in 12th grade, Carson was not only trying out for basketball, he was taking calculus even though he didn't need it to graduate. "He challenged himself," says Wingenbach, who taught Wentz in pre-calculus, "and came out of there with an A." Some quarterbacks have the size and skill first, and then develop the intellectual thirst; for Carson, it happened the other way.

Here's what I said after that:

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

So, that's a little bit about the great guy Carson Wentz is.

There's more - easy to search on the net:

Here's a picture of his longtime girlfriend, Melissa:

screen-shot-2016-01-28-at-9-19-05-am.jpg

Dang, I reckon we have a Tiamses Crises, EH?

I have no idea who was first about Wentz. Somebody started the

official camp well before I started posting about him.

but I was watching the kid play football during the season at every chance.

I was a huge Wentz fan. Tried to rank Goff up there, too. Didn't work well, lost interest, then

ended up really not seeing it as a fit.

I think I was/am Wentz's biggest fan. You admit you cooled on him, nonads.

Although, maybe I missed your mock draft, if you ever did one. My searches did pretty good,

but maybe you should try to find your mock draft.

Meanwhile, tiamsies, everybody on the board can search for "mock draft", pick Jan 1 through the end? of May...

and search for you, and re-search for me. and watch the results. Tiamsies got poutsies? Hope all this didn't make you cry.

crying_baby_2.gif

I talked about Wentz before this forum even existed so there isn't any evidence.......... I Win.

This Forum has existed since about when Wentz was in second grade. So, if you were talking about him then, I want you to give me those 6 little magic numbers, since you are so prescient.

This Forum has existed since about when Wentz was in second grade

Exactly. I watched him during recess, (with binoculars) and then his little league games too, and just knew he would be the greatest thing ever, and after 1 game against the NFL's worst defense, it looks like I was right...... What do I win for being the greatest, bestest, smartest, most knowing of all things Browns' football member of this forum?

I'm guessing I win the coveted Ghoolie award? ( a dildo wedged in the mouth of a manikin that looks like Ghoolie, all neatly displayed in a shadowbox )

Exactly. I watched him during recess, (with binoculars) and then his little league games too, and just knew he would be the greatest thing ever, and after 1 game against the NFL's worst defense, it looks like I was right...... What do I win for being the greatest, bestest, smartest, most knowing of all things Browns' football member of this forum?

I'm guessing I win the coveted Ghoolie award? ( a dildo wedged in the mouth of a manikin that looks like Ghoolie, all neatly displayed in a shadowbox )

Seems appropriate.

Archived