THE BROWNS BOARD

Idiot's Guide to Pneumonia

VaporTrail

Let me preface this post. I do not know what is wrong with Hillary. I don't know whether or not she has pneumonia. Pneumonia could help explain why her voice sounds so awful, but I can't talk with her, I can't examine her, I can't take imaging of her, so again, I don't know that she has pneumonia. Some on Twitter are speculating that Crooked Hillary has walking or aspiration pneumonia. IF that happens to be true, at worst, it can kill old people. At best, it's very treatable and she's back to action in a few weeks.

If you've read anything I've posted, you know that I don't trust a damn thing that comes out of Hillary camp, and the way they've been trying to brush off her health concerns as nothing doesn't instill any confidence in their announcements today.

Walking (or atypical) pneumonia is a fluid infection of the interstitium of the lung, often caused by Mycoplasma pneumoniae. It's called atypical (or walking) pneumonia because unlike most other cases of pneumonia, these folks won't be coughing up copious amounts of yellow mucous, and instead are usually only diagnosed when given a chest xray and the radiograph looks like shit.

Normal CXR - lungs are clear, you can see the pulmonary vessels, bronchioles, and a clear heart outline

cbMkDM.png

Atypical PNA - Notice how much brighter the pulmonary vessels and bronchioles look and how it spreads out over the entirety of both lungs

gV9sbU.png

Lobar PNA - most common type. Note the entire lobe in the top left of the image is consolidated and whiter than the rest of the lung

kv40lf.png

Aspiration Pneumonia is a lobar pneumonia that usually hits the right lower lobe of the lung and is due to impaired ability to swallow food or liquid. This is typically seen in alcoholics or those with dementia - basically people who choke on their food and aren't alert enough to do anything about it, so it sinks to the bottom of their lungs, making a food source for bacteria.

If she has atypical pneumonia, then that's probably one of the better outcomes for her. It's communicable and it's treatable. Still not good for a 70 year old to have pneumonia, but better than the alternatives. She'd probably still be dealing with it by the time the debates roll around.

If she has aspiration pneumonia, then that's a huge red flag and means she shouldn't be running. This doesn't happen unless there are issues swallowing. In her age group, this is most often due to pneumonia (or she's a raging alcoholic having been married to Wild Bill for far too long).

Or it could be something else completely. If so, it's probably not good that their cover story is pneumonia. My lay opinion is that she's looked and sounded like shit for the past year. It will be interesting to see what the campaign releases the next few days.

I'm trying to wrap my head around why people think this illness thing is a conspiracy...for what exactly? Making her seem like a frail old woman in no way shape or form helps her chances.

Seems like the woman has a fairly serious illness, pushed it too far and fell faint. 4 hours later with literally the best doctors money can buy she's back on her feet. She was probably pumped with fluids and all types of shit. Unless do you think the conspiracy is she has a secret vile of life she steals from the souls of children? I'm not saying no...

I'm trying to wrap my head around why people think this illness thing is a conspiracy...for what exactly? Making her seem like a frail old woman in no way shape or form helps her chances.

Seems like the woman has a fairly serious illness, pushed it too far and fell faint. 4 hours later with literally the best doctors money can buy she's back on her feet. She was probably pumped with fluids and all types of shit. Unless do you think the conspiracy is she has a secret vile of life she steals from the souls of children? I'm not saying no...

We need an expert on the anatomy of lizard people to answer these questions.

Oh horseshit. Remember the John McCain election?

WSS

Pneumonia is a relatively treatable illness that the campaign has a better chance of brushing off versus something like lung metastases. I think that the pneumonia call might very well be a coverup for something worse. Either way, given her history of blatant dishonesty and her lack of transparency on this issue in particular, (ie. - trying to brush it off like it's nothing) I don't trust a single thing they say.

Pneumonia is a relatively treatable illness that the campaign has a better chance of brushing off versus something like lung metastases. I think that the pneumonia call might very well be a coverup for something worse. Either way, given her history of blatant dishonesty and her lack of transparency on this issue in particular, (ie. - trying to brush it off like it's nothing) I don't trust a single thing they say.

If it wasn't for the video they'd probably still be running with she simply overheated

To be honest I'm not sure where you are going with that and how it relates to the question I posed.

Please. Democrats were screeching to the heavens he was too old too feeble had gone through too much punishment in prison camp. Wouldn't live through the first four years of his administration. Blah blah blah.

What your girl has, or says she has, is big memory lapses because of the concussion.

So the conspiracy could be they actually believe she is too sick and are pretending that it's only pneumonia.

WSS

Right, I get that angle but plenty of people (to include in this thread) are saying that she looked better that same day and somehow that's "fishy". I don't see how that makes a lick of sense.

Archived