THE BROWNS BOARD

Griffin to Injured Reserve

Zombo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So RG3 is injured and all of a sudden for some people the sky is falling? I mean, I know Josh McCown isn't exactly the long lost Manning brother, but by basically all accounts he was actually playing better through training camp and the rest than RG3. But no, we should sign or trade for Mallett, Garoppolo, Glennon, Vick, or various others.

Except, every other team that loses their QB is immediately linked with the guy we actually have, Josh McCown, because he's exactly the type of guy you want - experienced, competent physically and mentally - and on top he already has a rapport with our receivers. But noooooo, the Patriots are going to trade their (temporary) starting QB for a 5th round pick; Michael Vick is all of a sudden going to be 10 years younger; Ryan Mallett is going to stop being the QB version of Justin Gilbert.

It's not that Chris. It's the fact he takes so many hits and holds the ball far too long with this porous OL. It's that he just won't last very long, maybe not even long enough to get JG back. So then we have two rookies, neither of which any one of us would have taken until the 6th or 7th round.

It's not that Chris. It's the fact he takes so many hits and holds the ball far too long with this porous OL. It's that he just won't last very long, maybe not even long enough to get JG back. So then we have two rookies, neither of which any one of us would have taken until the 6th or 7th round.

And getting any QB off the street to just use as a shield just so Kessler doesn't see the field is better? If his confidence isn't shot by being put in too early, it certainly would be by not being put in at all.

The serious issue here is not that RGIII is out, he wasn't above average to begin with. The issue is "why did this front office spend the time and money to bring in a guy who's on field ability is average and is uber-injury prone" Sell tickets?

Worse... it was "love"...

Hue Jackson fell in love with Robert Griffin III at private workout

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647379/article/hue-jackson-fell-in-love-with-robert-griffin-iii-at-private-workout

no, the issue is he is not the future of the browns....he's old and won't be around sooooon...the issue is everyone else is finding their young franchise qb and we are still fucking stuck in the mud....i like mccown...believe it or not he might be the best qb we have had since the comeback...maybe an argument with anderson...but that is not saying much at all...one did not get us a championship or even make the playoffs and the current will not do either also. the issue is that all board members should be concerned about is...WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR YOUNG FRANCHISE QB...WE KEEP FUCKING UP BIG TIME ON THIS ISSUE. All we have to hang our hats on is some fucking patchwork qb to get us to another 4-12, 5-11 season...this is nuts...

The serious issue here is not that RGIII is out, he wasn't above average to begin with. The issue is "why did this front office spend the time and money to bring in a guy who's on field ability is average and is uber-injury prone" Sell tickets?

He was free to bring in. He was FA, cost nothing to bring in.

And also, here is the WSS theory: Because of his association with the Fritz Pollard Alliance Hue Jackson wanted a black QB for the Browns. Now, I am not sure that I buy it. I thought that if that was the case then why would they draft Kessler and not like Prescott.

As has been said, RG3 was virtually free. (of course he cost some $$)

He cost us no draft picks.

Now IF going into the draft you didn't like any of the QB's that would be available to you then bringing in RG3 for a shot was a pretty good idea. But after watching him play and try to bowl over a defender I stand on my comment that he's NOT smart enough to be an NFL QB.

To McCown. We're certainly no worse off with McCown starting for us. But he let's his 'tough as nails' mentality get in the way of being a smart QB also. It's sad to say but you need your QB to be a wussy...because you need them to play all season long.

He was free to bring in. He was FA, cost nothing to bring in.

And also, here is the WSS theory: Because of his association with the Fritz Pollard Alliance Hue Jackson wanted a black QB for the Browns. Now, I am not sure that I buy it. I thought that if that was the case then why would they draft Kessler and not like Prescott.

Robert Griffin III signed a 2 year, $15,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $3,500,000 signing bonus, $6,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,500,000. In 2016, Griffin III will earn a base salary of $3,250,000, a signing bonus of $3,500,000 and a roster bonus of $46,875. Griffin III has a cap hit of $5,046,875 while his dead money value is $6,750,000. I think that counts.

Maybe Hugh's racism has it's limits?

what would he cost? A sixth? We have tons of draft picks already and will get more supplemental picks. We won't miss it is why.

The ravens have two QBs on the roster, Flacco and Mallett. They don't trade their only backup for a nothing pick.

Also, how many times do we have to go through the Mallett thing? He's not that good.

Let's have a reunion tour.

Everytime we lose a guy to injury we trade one of our million draft picks for an ex-Brown.

Derek Anderson

Colt McCoy

Brian Hoyer

Brandon Weeden

Josh's brother.

When those guys run out give some work to the unemployed ... Brady Quinn, Campbell, how bout a third tour of duty for whathisname ... The Black guy we had in camp last year.

Z

Oh, and, Austin Davis is with the Broncos as (presumably) third string behind Siemian and Lynch.

And I just realised, when the Broncos announce Lynch as starter next offseason, there will be people here begging to trade for Siemian. So, I'm looking forward to that.

Robert Griffin III signed a 2 year, $15,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $3,500,000 signing bonus, $6,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,500,000. In 2016, Griffin III will earn a base salary of $3,250,000, a signing bonus of $3,500,000 and a roster bonus of $46,875. Griffin III has a cap hit of $5,046,875 while his dead money value is $6,750,000. I think that counts.

Maybe Hugh's racism has it's limits?

Free in terms of the Browns did not have to trade a player or give up a draft pick. Obviously no player plays for free....or sits injured on the sideline for free. :blink:

And remember, he is eligible to come back in the second half of the season, so maybe he will earn some of that money.

Have we added a player to roster yet to replace Grif?

I didn't notice any new names on this week's depth chart:

http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Cleveland-Browns-unofficial-depth-chart-vs-Ravens---913/e60c27cf-7209-45d1-a830-fcf15f5a5bcb

I don't think there is any doubt that they are contemplating picking up a QB and that is why that roster spot is still open.

Thad Lewis. Think he has a job somewhere.

Connor Shaw is still being mini-Hoyer, now in Chicago.

How could Z forget "The Thadiator"?

Shaw has a bad case of broken leg...

Maybe put a poppy field in the end zones to commemorate all our previous QBs

Hey it's Halloween in six weeks, get the tombstone ready for RG III

Browns-QB-graveyard-10-26-15.jpg

Worse... it was "love"...

Hue Jackson fell in love with Robert Griffin III at private workout

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000647379/article/hue-jackson-fell-in-love-with-robert-griffin-iii-at-private-workout

Gee, what did I say- "almost anyone can look great tossing passes in a t-shirt and shorts." I have to wonder what Hue saw in RG III that he didn't see in Wentz. I'll side with Ghoolie on this one, if Hue screwed up not only on Griffin, but Kessler turns into a updated version of Colt McCoy, his reputation as a qb guru is as shot as Holmgren's.

Alex Tanney has a job somewhere
So does Josh Johnson.

Tour beat me to it. Shaw suffered a serious broken leg- on IR for the year.

Alex Tanney has a job somewhere
So does Josh Johnson.

Trick Shot Tanney is available:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2016/09/12/titans-release-alex-tanney-re-sign-cornerback-cody-riggs/90281964/

Thad though, is with the 49ers. Not quite their most famous/infamous backup though.

Zombo

I don't think there is any doubt that they are contemplating picking up a QB and that is why that roster spot is still open.

Okey Doke

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-promote-DL-Gabe-Wright-to-active-roster/6e751b2d-3ec7-4f8e-802b-6a13363fc19b

The Cleveland Browns have signed DL Gabe Wrighticon-article-link.gif to the active roster from the club’s practice squad.

Wright is 6-2, 284-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Auburn. Originally selected by Detroit in the fourth round of the 2015 draft, he appeared in seven games last year and totaled six tackles. He was signed to the Browns’ practice squad on Sept. 5. A native of Columbus, Ga., Wright graduated from Carver High School.

Archived