THE BROWNS BOARD

Griffin to Injured Reserve

Zombo

Okey Doke

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-promote-DL-Gabe-Wright-to-active-roster/6e751b2d-3ec7-4f8e-802b-6a13363fc19b

The Cleveland Browns have signed DL Gabe Wrighticon-article-link.gif to the active roster from the club’s practice squad.

Wright is 6-2, 284-pounds and officially in his second NFL season out of Auburn. Originally selected by Detroit in the fourth round of the 2015 draft, he appeared in seven games last year and totaled six tackles. He was signed to the Browns’ practice squad on Sept. 5. A native of Columbus, Ga., Wright graduated from Carver High School.

They may still make a move at QB. Or do you think they will go forward with a plan of McCown Starter, Kessler backup, Pryor likely emergency QB....and Hogan left on the PS?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may still make a move at QB. Or do you think they will go forward with a plan of McCown Starter, Kessler backup, Pryor likely emergency QB....and Hogan left on the PS?

I think they are going forward with that plan. If McCown gets hurt then they will likely roll with Kessler and Hogan as back up. Might as well see what you have in the rookies.

Yes. I have said that several times.

Z

Give me a bottle of Kessler...and I'm not Joshin....

well.....was pretty sure he'd go down by the second or third game.....so, game one isnt really a surprise....

Was nice while it lasted.....well, maybe not......

I truly hope we don't keep this guy. I predicted he'd go down the 2nd half of the season..but this don't surprise me mud. We cannot keep this guy, he's only going to be a liability. Oh well, here we are again in qb hell...this is unbelievable...

My Dad died, we had a hurricane and constant rain, the funeral was last week and therefore I didn't even know Kevin Hogan was picked up by the Browns.

Wasn't he the most winning QB at Stanford? He's 6'3, 220 & looks pretty durable.

My condolences to you and your family Opal. I lost my dad last week also, so i feel for you. At least my dad didn't have to witness that shit show on Sunday, although im sure it wouldn't have suprised him either.

My condolences to you and your family Opal. I lost my dad last week also, so i feel for you bro. At least my dad didn't have to witness that shit show on Sunday, although im sure it wouldn't have suprised him either.

FYI, Opal is a female.

You also have my condolences on your loss.

I think most of us that watch the Browns this preseason and game 1 would say Mccown makes this team better. Problem is he is old and fragile. At least we may get to see what Kessler has. Hopefully that won't be until Gordon is back because Hawkins at WR is a fucking joke.

What would you guys be saying if we had never signed RG3?

And this never happened?

Who is our QB in this scenario ... Josh? Wentz?

We'd be talking about Sunday's game, but we have no idea what would have happened in that game.

Z

I can't wait to see Kevin Hogan. Thought he was one of the best QBs coming out of the draft. Hope he gets the chance and that he's the answer.

I can't wait to see Kevin Hogan. Thought he was one of the best QBs coming out of the draft. Hope he gets the chance and that he's the answer.

You nailed Carr, so hopefully you can go 2-2.

I think most of us that watch the Browns this preseason and game 1 would say Mccown makes this team better. Problem is he is old and fragile. At least we may get to see what Kessler has. Hopefully that won't be until Gordon is back because Hawkins at WR is a fucking joke.

well i remember the first preseason game, where every talking head was saying how terrific rg3 looked, how hue will resurrect his career...... (too bad he couldn't teach a fundamental slide or fall).

now those same talking heads have done a 180 and act as though noone remembers what they said 5 weeks ago. typical sports yappers.

And this never happened?

Who is our QB in this scenario ... Josh? Wentz?

We'd be talking about Sunday's game, but we have no idea what would have happened in that game.

Z

Josh.

We'd be exactly in the same boat we're in now - Josh starting, Kessler backing up.

What's funny to me is that, last year, people were saying "JOSH GIVES US A REAL CHANCE TO WIN HE SHOULD BE THE STARTER!" and now it's "Aw man, we're not gonna win shit with Josh at the helm".

RG3 was a move to placate the fans. We don't want to win a lot of games. We want to give our rookies time to gel, our new coaches time gel, and our FO a full year of scouting this years crop of QB's so that when we inevitably draft one with our first pick, he'll have a greater chance of success.

What's funny to me is that, last year, people were saying "JOSH GIVES US A REAL CHANCE TO WIN HE SHOULD BE THE STARTER!" and now it's "Aw man, we're not gonna win shit with Josh at the helm".

I remember that. Good times.

Yeah, I'm not beating myself up about losing Griffin. I only hope we cut bait with him at the end of the year - I strongly suspect that we'll reactivate him from IR in 8 weeks to continue his 'tryout'.

And moving on, to Watson (or Kizer or whoever), maybe sitting for a year while McCown starts. Until week 2 when fans scream for the rookie to start.

Josh.

We'd be exactly in the same boat we're in now - Josh starting, Kessler backing up.

RG3 was a move to placate the fans. We don't want to win a lot of games. We want to give our rookies time to gel, our new coaches time gel, and our FO a full year of scouting this years crop of QB's so that when we inevitably draft one with our first pick, he'll have a greater chance of success.

I gotcha.

Yes, we are now starting the veteran QB that everyone wanted to keep, and we are grooming the young draft pick that Hue hand-picked.

So ... let's move forward.

Zombo

New NFL record here guys. The first time any NFL team has started more than one QB in 15 consecutive seasons. Sigh, go hua, go Browns!

well i remember the first preseason game, where every talking head was saying how terrific rg3 looked, how hue will resurrect his career...... (too bad he couldn't teach a fundamental slide or fall).

now those same talking heads have done a 180 and act as though noone remembers what they said 5 weeks ago. typical sports yappers.

What they talked about was the hope that RG would regain what he had his first year and a half in DC. The 180 is simply the realization of what they saw on the field. People are allowed to change their course based on the facts on the ground before them.

That was one of the strengths of George Washington. He saw, he listened, he learned, he adapted.

If he can do it....and there has hardly been a greater man in the history of this planet, I guess it is OK for the rest of us to do it.

I truly hope we don't keep (RG3). I predicted he'd go down the 2nd half of the season...

And you still have a shot at being correct...

Yeah, I'm not beating myself up about losing Griffin. ... I strongly suspect that we'll reactivate him from IR in 8 weeks to continue his 'tryout'.

I strongly suspect you are correct.

Archived