THE BROWNS BOARD

Griffin to Injured Reserve

Zombo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New NFL record here guys. The first time any NFL team has started more than one QB in 15 consecutive seasons. Sigh, go hua, go Browns!

Unfortunately, I feel we're going to set a lot of records in a negative way this season. We already own the record for most consecutive opening game losses. If you want to get really depressed, just peruse the NFL power rankings this week. It's easy to find Cleveland- just scroll to the bottom. Right now ESPN has the Browns with a 38% chance of landing the first overall pick next year. If we hadn't beat the 49ers last year- we would have had a shot at the Buccaneers 0-26 run. :(

I remember that. Good times.

Yeah, I'm not beating myself up about losing Griffin. I only hope we cut bait with him at the end of the year - I strongly suspect that we'll reactivate him from IR in 8 weeks to continue his 'tryout'.

And moving on, to Watson (or Kizer or whoever), maybe sitting for a year while McCown starts. Until week 2 when fans scream for the rookie to start.

100% on board with this Chris. It was only one game but based on the body of work McCown is the better choice now. I am worried, because what I saw of Josh in the preseason, he didn't look much better than Kessler. It goes without saying the Browns HAVE to hit on that quarterback pick next year.

Unfortunately, I feel we're going to set a lot of records in a negative way this season. We already own the record for most consecutive opening game losses. If you want to get really depressed, just peruse the NFL power rankings this week. It's easy to find Cleveland- just scroll to the bottom. Right now ESPN has the Browns with a 38% chance of landing the first overall pick next year. If we hadn't beat the 49ers last year- we would have had a shot at the Buccaneers 0-26 run. :(

What are the Rams chances. They may be worse.

100% on board with this Chris. It was only one game but based on the body of work McCown is the better choice now. I am worried, because what I saw of Josh in the preseason, he didn't look much better than Kessler. It goes without saying the Browns HAVE to hit on that quarterback pick next year.

no doubt...can't believe we still have no franchise qb after all these yrs...amazing...about mccown, what can you do. He'll do his best but we are in for yet another double digit losing season...

What are the Rams chances. They may be worse.

Not sure, I only saw that second hand, and I can't find it for other teams. FWIW- of all the power rankings I looked at (around 6) only one had a team worse than the Browns- and it was the Rams. Walter Football- at this early stage, has the Browns drafting second, and taking Deshawn Watson. 49ers 1st, and drafting Kiser. Got a feeling if the Browns wind up with the 1st overall in 2017, they're not trading out of it.

Not sure, I only saw that second hand, and I can't find it for other teams. FWIW- of all the power rankings I looked at (around 6) only one had a team worse than the Browns- and it was the Rams. Walter Football- at this early stage, has the Browns drafting second, and taking Deshawn Watson. 49ers 1st, and drafting Kiser. Got a feeling if the Browns wind up with the 1st overall in 2017, they're not trading out of it.

LOL! SF D looked all-world against Gurley and the Rams. They are already up a game on us in the draft circus.

LOL! SF D looked all-world against Gurley and the Rams. They are already up a game on us in the draft circus.

Yeah but that's only because they have such a great D-coordinator. We should fire Hue and and get that guy instead.

Archived