THE BROWNS BOARD

Boy were they foolish...

domcucch1994

With the amount of $$$ they have in cap space they could have resigned him! Don't give me that bs! Money talks

As noted, the Browns offered him a deal to be the highest paid center in the league by a wide margin. He overtly turned that down, voided his deal and signed somewhere else. Use common sense, critically think, and realize he wasn't coming back.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hoorta, i wasn't talking about Mack. My point was that we need to bring in more talent. I get that it has to be young talent.... But is this whole analytics thing supposed to make the talent as "cheap" as possible, but when we have a stud QB or WR and it comes to resigning them, do you think jimmy will pay them a fat contract, or let them walk and try to find a 4th round pick or walk-on to replace them? Why did we let TJ Ward go? We didn't even ask him if he wanted to resign..... If we let great players that we develop keep going to other teams, how will we ever be great?

I hate to say it but you can't pin losing guys like Ward and Sheard on Sashi & company. That was Ray the Farmer's brilliant thinking. They offered Mack and Schwartz way above market deals, but they decided to play elsewhere. I also could speculate you can again put the goat horns on Farmer for messing up and not extending them to long term deals while he still had the chance. (Ward even wanted to stay here as he's pals with Joe Haden- WTF were you thinking there Ray?)

Don't accuse Jimmy of being a tightwad with his cash. We had one of the highest paid defenses in the NFL last year, and it got us exactly 3 wins. He's pumped millions of his own money into stadium upgrades.

We're going to find out as soon as next year what the new FO and Haslam are thinking. If Josh Gordon comes back and has a monster year (as I suspect and hope he will) he's going to command a ton of money on the open market as a RFA. Just putting a first round tender & $2.8 million on him won't cut it.

As noted, the Browns offered him a deal to be the highest paid center in the league by a wide margin. He overtly turned that down, voided his deal and signed somewhere else. Use common sense, critically think, and realize he wasn't coming back.

Funniest part is Mack wanted to "play for a winner"... yet chose Atlanta.

We're going to find out as soon as next year what the new FO and Haslam are thinking. If Josh Gordon comes back and has a monster year (as I suspect and hope he will) he's going to command a ton of money on the open market as a RFA. Just putting a first round tender & $2.8 million on him won't cut it.

Sashi and Co. will get Josh signed to a big contract, he will smoke weed, and then a whole bunch of dummies will come in to scream about how the front office fucked up. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I guess he thought at least that the QB merry go round would not be in operation there. Only thing I can think of.

Atlanta is certainly no peach when it comes to lifestyle, imo.

Shanny is there ... Mack was great that year we had Shanny before he got injured.

That was Gabriel's only decent year too ... and guess where he is?

Zombo

So I guess you have never had to interview people with prior work experience?

you judge a person based on how he performs now. i'm not saying sashi is doing horrible, or bad yet, time will tell if he does good or not, but its f#$%ing moronic to have blind faith in him and just say "in sashi we trust". quit defending him and tell me you agree with me, that when time comes we need to re-sign our playmakers and get it done.

I hate to say it but you can't pin losing guys like Ward and Sheard on Sashi & company. That was Ray the Farmer's brilliant thinking. They offered Mack and Schwartz way above market deals, but they decided to play elsewhere. I also could speculate you can again put the goat horns on Farmer for messing up and not extending them to long term deals while he still had the chance. (Ward even wanted to stay here as he's pals with Joe Haden- WTF were you thinking there Ray?)

Don't accuse Jimmy of being a tightwad with his cash. We had one of the highest paid defenses in the NFL last year, and it got us exactly 3 wins. He's pumped millions of his own money into stadium upgrades.

I'm not saying that he doesn't want to win, just that he could "potentially" be clueless again. I agree, much of the blame is to farmer and company (i feel more bad for what pettine went through every game i watch).

Anyways I applaud them for sticking to their guns with this "plan", but all i'm saying is it better fucking work this time around in a few years.

Can we calm down a little bit??? Wentz wasnt by anyone's account a great choice for a QB that high in the draft. Remember all the talk about how weak of a draft class it was in the QB department. I really didnt see him do anything that fantastic in the game throwing to wide open poorly covered recievers. One good endzone drop pass to the corner was about it.

Lets see where Wentz is in 5 weeks when he has a played a few decent defenses that can stop the run and force him to pass.

I still think we made a good move in not going into panic mode and settling for low hanging fruit just because other teams panicked come draft day.

you judge a person based on how he performs now. i'm not saying sashi is doing horrible, or bad yet, time will tell if he does good or not, but its f#$%ing moronic to have blind faith in him and just say "in sashi we trust". quit defending him and tell me you agree with me, that when time comes we need to re-sign our playmakers and get it done.

Please find where I said "in sashi we trust" anywhere on this forum. Defending =/= explaining the strategy behind moves.

Well, yes, anyone with sense knows that we should re-sign playmakers. However, they have to want to sign with your team. This front office wasn't here for Sheard and Ward. Schwartz openly used the team for leverage to get a better contract somewhere else and Mack left because he wanted to go to a winner.

Shanny is there ... Mack was great that year we had Shanny before he got injured.

That was Gabriel's only decent year too ... and guess where he is?

Zombo

Well, if it works for them, fine. Though, the fact is the ATL may be the worst team in that division:

Panthers better

Bucs better, they just proved it by beating them.

Saints may be better.

ATL sucks hind tit.

Please find where I said "in sashi we trust" anywhere on this forum. Defending =/= explaining the strategy behind moves.

Well, yes, anyone with sense knows that we should re-sign playmakers. However, they have to want to sign with your team. This front office wasn't here for Sheard and Ward. Schwartz openly used the team for leverage to get a better contract somewhere else and Mack left because he wanted to go to a winner.

well you have to admit, we don't know if sashi is doing great or not.... ward wanted to be on our team, but farmer didn't offer him jack. if he did, we might of still had him.

Can we start a thread in a few weeks on What College QB the Browns should draft? I'm forced to watch SEC, ACC but I do have the Big Ten Network. It's too early to have a QB in mind, But someone should be the favorite in a few weeks.

Cody Kessler is smallish with average arm strength. He will never last in Cleveland. Wentz will probably be the next Andrew Luck looking back at all the QB's we passed up but we have another shot next year.

well you have to admit, we don't know if sashi is doing great or not.... ward wanted to be on our team, but farmer didn't offer him jack. if he did, we might of still had him.

Just one of many in a long line of mistakes and draft screw-ups. It's not going to serve any good purpose rehashing it for the 100th time.

LOL, the latest one on FaceBook "Carson Wentz continues to dominate FCS competition." - meaning the Browns. Yup, this team is going to suck and suck hard this year.

Nothing can be done about it now, but hope we're headed in the right direction. I do like what I've seen from Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert, and Kindred. Jury out on Coleman. From what I've heard in the last few days on radio- Jay Mohr, Rich Eisen, Ruscillo & Kannell- the Browns have even sunk deeper into being the joke of the NFL. "Billion to one to win the Super Bowl" "2-14 at best" "When the Browns draft #1 next year will the guy they pick even want to play for them?"

I think at this point from a National perspective- "We have hit rock bottom, and started to dig." There's only upside at this point- it can't get any worse- or can it?

Just one of many in a long line of mistakes and draft screw-ups. It's not going to serve any good purpose rehashing it for the 100th time.

LOL, the latest one on FaceBook "Carson Wentz continues to dominate FCS competition." - meaning the Browns. Yup, this team is going to suck and suck hard this year.

Nothing can be done about it now, but hope we're headed in the right direction. I do like what I've seen from Ogbah, Nassib, Schobert, and Kindred. Jury out on Coleman. From what I've heard in the last few days on radio- Jay Mohr, Rich Eisen, Ruscillo & Kannell- the Browns have even sunk deeper into being the joke of the NFL. "Billion to one to win the Super Bowl" "2-14 at best" "When the Browns draft #1 next year will the guy they pick even want to play for them?"

I think at this point from a National perspective- "We have hit rock bottom, and started to dig." There's only upside at this point- it can't get any worse- or can it?

If we played the Rams we'd own them

Can we start a thread in a few weeks on What College QB the Browns should draft? I'm forced to watch SEC, ACC but I do have the Big Ten Network. It's too early to have a QB in mind, But someone should be the favorite in a few weeks.

Cody Kessler is smallish with average arm strength. He will never last in Cleveland. Wentz will probably be the next Andrew Luck looking back at all the QB's we passed up but we have another shot next year.

There are actually a couple of ongoing threads on that subject right now. Just join along in the talk.

The first game Jamarcus Russell started in 2008 he went 17 of 26 (65%) with 2 TD's and no INT's. His rating that game was 111. Jamarcus Russell was a big, strong QB as well.

Carson Wentz rating was 101 exactly against most likely the worst defense in the NFL. You guys are honestly ridiculous sometimes-let's see how the guy plays more than once against better defenses before saying "we missed that boat". In other words, calm the fuck down and let's see what we got.

What does a start by Russell in his 2nd year in the league have anything to do with what Wentz did? Absolutely fucking nothing. BTW Russell lost that game as well 41-14 Wentz didn't lose his. Hey if aren't or never were a Wentz fan that's fine but don't post moronic shit that has nothing to do with each other. It make you look stupid and your credibility worthless.

What does a start by Russell in his 2nd year in the league have anything to do with what Wentz did? Absolutely fucking nothing. BTW Russell lost that game as well 41-14 Wentz didn't lose his. Hey if aren't or never were a Wentz fan that's fine but don't post moronic shit that has nothing to do with each other. It make you look stupid and your credibility worthless.

Yep, got me! Making reasonable comparisons validated by others sure means nothing. Of course i also forgot a QB is the only reason teams win games and not their competition or team around them.

But yes, using stats and data to create a point is stupid. Its definitely not a post like yours that has no critical thinking skills. Nope, that type of post wouldnt be the one to make you look like a moron and your credibility worthless.

I would explain sarcasm but I am certain it would fall on deaf ears.

Yep, got me! Making reasonable comparisons validated by others sure means nothing. Of course i also forgot a QB is the only reason teams win games and not their competition or team around them.

But yes, using stats and data to create a point is stupid. Its definitely not a post like yours that has no critical thinking skills. Nope, that type of post wouldnt be the one to make you look like a moron and your credibility worthless.

I would explain sarcasm but I am certain it would fall on deaf ears.

Come on man you suckered people into thinking that Russell's number were from his first year and the first game on the season but that's just not true. Your stats and data are completely irrelevant. Comparing a rookie who was hurt most of the preseason and wasn't even the starter a week ago to a guy in his 2nd year in the league. Yeah moron & worthless credibility might be a good start to describe you.

Mack voided his contract and sought another deal. He didn't want to play in Cleveland and no logical amount of money would have kept him here. That's completely different from letting him walk.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good bitch session.

You want to change your culture? 2. Continuity in FO & on field with same players. 3.Draft Play makers that change the culture on the field that make plays. Most real Play makers our not found on the Street? Cuz their whipping your ass on another team on Sundays #1. QB is always #1...Again imo Goff or Wentz was Hue's pick till 5 FA's went packing & than Sashi went to Trade Mart..

Look I am by no means saying that Wentz will be enshrined in Canton after one game against the Browns.

All I am pointing out is the irony behind this. WE passed him up and HE tears it up out there on the field against us!

It's just such a Browns thing to happen to us.

That being said, I believe if they don't take a QB next year, someone who has the size, accuracy, makes good decisions, and can go through his progressions, they will only further slip into mediocrity.

They need to take a QB and G in the first round, a T in the second, then defensive help the rest of the draft.

And it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality FA every now and then...

• 1 year later...
On 9/13/2016 at 8:45 AM, domcucch1994 said:

A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

I was right then, and I am right now!

But Sashi and his cronies screwed the pooch and now look where we are..

0-7, our QBs have a total of 4 tds

Meanwhile, the 6-1 Eagles have a great QB who has thrown 17TDs and only 4INTs.. His interception total matches our total of 4TDs.. And we've played 3 Shmucking QBs this season!

AAAHH When is this Sheet going to end? Who do we pass on next year that is going to end up kicking our asses for the next 10 seasons?

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

I was right then, and I am right now!

Again, why don't you go masturbate to the thought of Carson Wentz.

But Sashi and his cronies screwed the pooch and now look where we are..

Maybe we have you to blame for that.

0-7, our QBs have a total of 4 tds

Meanwhile, the 6-1 Eagles have a great QB who has thrown 17TDs and only 4INTs.. His interception total matches our total of 4TDs.. And we've played 3 Shmucking QBs this season!

Then why don't you just go join an Eagles Board and quit bothering the rest of us with this Sheet. Fuhuck off.

AAAHH When is this Sheet going to end? Who do we pass on next year that is going to end up kicking our asses for the next 10 seasons?

Why do you care....go be an Eagles fan

15 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Wow Gip did I strike a nerve or something?
Why don't you go masturbate to the fantasy that the Browns might actually put together a winning team and not pass on good QBs?

What you struck was the "I am an ignoramous" gong.   We have already passed on this motherShmucker and many others.  There aint a fuhucking thing we can do about it....yet you want to sit here and cry about.  Sit there and whine and bitch and moan and grown about who we don't have does not do us any good. 

And yes....it IS a fantasy of mine that the Browns might put together a winning team and not pass on a good QB.  Now....tell me how the fuhuck that pining away for Wentz/Watson/Carr/BR/Rodgers/Prescott/Brady/Montana/Unitas/Sammy Baugh etc. etc. etc. is going to help bring that fantasy about? 

Water over the bridge.   Try turning on a tap that we can drink from....not one that is past poison.

Just now, The Gipper said:

What you struck was the "I am an ignoramous" gong.   We have already passed on this motherShmucker and many others.  There aint a fuhucking thing we can do about it....yet you want to sit here and cry about.  Sit there and whine and bitch and moan and grown about who we don't have does not do us any good. 

And yes....it IS a fantasy of mine that the Browns might put together a winning team and not pass on a good QB.  Now....tell me how the fuhuck that pining away for Wentz/Watson/Carr/BR/Rodgers/Prescott/Brady/Montana/Unitas/Sammy Baugh etc. etc. etc. is going to help bring that fantasy about? 

Water over the bridge.   Try turning on a tap that we can drink from....not one that is past poison.

I guess that tap is DeShone Kizer because he looks real great right? 

We aren't going to win Sheet with a baseball exec and a lawyer in charge of football personnel.. 

Archived