THE BROWNS BOARD

Boy were they foolish...

domcucch1994

31 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I guess that tap is DeShone Kizer because he looks real great right? 

We aren't going to win Sheet with a baseball exec and a lawyer in charge of football personnel.. 

Kizer is still a rookie having serious growing pains.....and I don't think really that his HC/OC is doing him any good much as he seems to be a major inflictor of that pain with his decision making and play calling. 

And we really don't know about your last sentence.   To me, the analytics that Podesta brings is really just that...analytics, a thing ALL teams use...be it football, baseball, basketball, hockey.  So I don't think Podesta is any more of a baseball guy than he is a football guy. Its just that he originally applied his techniques to baseball. I mean, if anything, he is a Math guy.  

And fyi, any number of lawyers have done well in sports.  Tony LaRussa was a HOF manager and a lawyer.

And FYI further....Sachi isn't the only lawyer/GM in the NFL......All of the following are/were also Lawyer/GMs (this list may be a few years old...so it may not be current:

Nick Caserio...Pats

John Idzik...Jets

Mickey Loomis...Saints

Martin Mayhew...Lions

Bruce Allen....Redskins

Howard Roseman...Eagles

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2016 at 7:45 AM, domcucch1994 said:

A chance to draft a big, strong QB and we traded that opportunity away, only to get beat by said QB in hist first NFL start..

You seriously can't make this up folks. Browns are still snakebitten but maybe, just maybe, the venom can be sucked out.

I was never big on McCown after he tried to do his John Elway impersonation and helicopter dive into the endzone on the first drive of last season's opener. But I do think he can be effective if given time and that is a very big IF.

I know it is only Wentz's first game, but he looked great back there and made good throws and took hits. Something that I doubt McCown and Kessler can do week in and week out with that line protecting them.

But it's a long season.. Anything can happen... Only time will decide whether or not our lawyer and baseball guru FO guys made the right call on passing up on a potentially great signal caller... But I have a bad feeling that history will repeat itself.

Anyways, rant over, go Browns, lets at least be competitive!

I could not agree more. People here who think that you cannot compare a DT with a QB, are Haslam/Browns apologists. Of course you can compare the two. You compare the two in answering the question...."Who got more value for their #1 draft pick". Wentz has immediately changed the fortunes of his team. Myles Garrett has made absolutely no impact. He is not making highlight films, he is not disrupting anything. He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

Haslam has to be puking in his own bush watching all the great players he passed on while his team is 0 - 7.

On 9/14/2016 at 7:59 AM, domcucch1994 said:

Look I am by no means saying that Wentz will be enshrined in Canton after one game against the Browns.

All I am pointing out is the irony behind this. WE passed him up and HE tears it up out there on the field against us!

It's just such a Browns thing to happen to us.

That being said, I believe if they don't take a QB next year, someone who has the size, accuracy, makes good decisions, and can go through his progressions, they will only further slip into mediocrity.

They need to take a QB and G in the first round, a T in the second, then defensive help the rest of the draft.

And it wouldn't hurt to sign a quality FA every now and then...

We took Garrett....like I said, total F up of a #1 pick. Trubisky baby!

16 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

. He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

Ok ghoolie pack it up. Its now even more painfully obvious ur actually clinically blind and can only hear games on sunday. But id still tbink ur brail statsheet would tell u garrett had more sacks in 2-3 games than ogbah had in 7 while playing on a bad ankle.

Ogbah is also our worst run defender but in ur defense u cant actually see the runs pop over his side and cant see him getting seal blocked inside inside on the replays of every long run that has broken this year. 

He's a "terrible" edge defender. Now take the troll hook out and throw me back in u sonovabitch

2 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Was this meant to be sarcastic? PFF even says that he is a mid tier QB according to their rankings and that his first game dragged down his scores. That is a rookie QB who is in the middle of the pack of QBs. I crapped on Watson coming out but passing on him was definitely a miss as it currently stands.

Just now, Clevfan4life said:

Ok ghoolie pack it up. Its now even more painfully obvious ur actually clinically.

Haven't you gotten it yet? Same poster... just different cloths...

Same poster... new shtick... since the impact of the old was wearing off.

I give it til the bye-week to revert...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Haven't you gotten it yet? Same poster... just different cloths...

Same poster... new shtick... since the impact of the old was wearing off.

I give it til the bye-week to revert...

I acknowledged he hooked me. Line, sinker the whole deal. Lauding ogbah as "aggressively disrupting offenses" had me nearly jumping out of my window. 

18 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Interesting read...

Made me wonder about their take on Wunderkind Wentz... here it is thru Week 6, but there's also a breakdown of last nite's game where Kid Carson graded out well at 86.5... a little above his 6-week grade.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-philadelphia-eagles-34-washington-redskins-24

7. Carson WentzPhiladelphia Eagles – 83.2 overall grade

NFL QB Overview - Carson Wentz

Wentz continued his strong play with a number of big throws against the Carolina Panthers on Thursday Night Football. Whether extending plays on third down or dropping a deep ball in the bucket, Wentz continues to hit on a high percentage of positively-graded throws, now ranking third in the NFL in that department. The next step is cutting back on some of the negatively-graded throws where he has the eighth-highest percentage in league, but there’s been more good than bad to Wentz’s game, particularly over the last two weeks.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I could not agree more. People here who think that you cannot compare a DT with a QB, are Haslam/Browns apologists. Of course you can compare the two. You compare the two in answering the question...."Who got more value for their #1 draft pick". Wentz has immediately changed the fortunes of his team. Myles Garrett has made absolutely no impact. He is not making highlight films, he is not disrupting anything. He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

Haslam has to be puking in his own bush watching all the great players he passed on while his team is 0 - 7.

I thought you said it wasn't worth the time dwelling on this past shite.  But you are doing it.  How does this help the Browns going forward?

And does it really matter if we go back and second guess thing, be the time we go back to be 2016 or 1955?  It don't really matter, now does it. 

Unless you think the Browns can make a trade of Garrett for Wentz.

Do you think that is on the board?

I am not engaging in the diatribe you are. I am making a simple case in point, going forward you cannot keep the people in place who have no delivered a QB when MANY were available. THAT is the change going forward. The FO has deliberately refused to participate in taking QBs, WRs and TEs of the very top level. It is the lack of those key ingredients that have this braintrust at 1 - 22 with no hope of getting better.

The FO needs to go, Hue needs to go.

Nobody is going to trade for Garrett. He is an average player with a very, veryv, extremely narrow scope of skills. He would have been fine at Round 3 or even late 2. Dumb pick. Absolutely asinine.

Yes they didn’t pick someone four months into their first draft and instead decided to turn it into nine players on the roster and some more picks 

Let’s fire them all for it 🙄

People need to grow up. 

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Myles Garrett has made absolutely no impact. He is not making highlight films, he is not disrupting anything. He is providing decent performance, although Ogbah is much more aggressive and disruptive to offenses.

Unfortunately you’re just talking rubbish. 

822F4CC5-B741-4198-AA4A-6C591531A494.jpeg

Archived