THE BROWNS BOARD

Come Step Into My Time Machine

wargograw

It's Sunday, January 19, 2020. As fate would have it. The number 2 seed Cleveland Browns are playing the 5 seed Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC championship game at First Energy Stadium. The Steelers have just knocked off the 1 seed New England Patriots to set up the epic rivalry showdown. To boot, The Rapist has said he will be retiring after this season and the Dawg Pound wants nothing more than to see it end in defeat to the Browns, particularly since the Steelers knocked the Browns out in the divisional round a year ago.

Let's talk a bit about this Cleveland Browns football team. It features Pro Bowlers all over the field, particularly on defense. This Browns defense is #1 in the league against the run, #6 against the pass, and #1 overall, building on a #7 finish in 2018.

Derek Kindred is known as the baddest mother**cker in the league. Hardest hitter on the team. It's difficult to count the games missed by Antonio Brown and AJ Green because of Derek Kindred's raw hitting ability and pure anger.

Browns 2017 draft pick Derwin James of Florida State provides excellent coverage skills from the other safety spot. Other 2017 draft picks shore up the rest of the secondary.

In his fourth year, Emmanuel Ogbah just polished off his second 13+ sack season. He and Orchard combine to form a complete nightmare for opposing offensive tackles and quarterbacks. Joe Schobert comes in and this group doesn't miss a beat.

Carl Nassib is the quintessential 3-4 DE, setting the edge perfectly, leading the league in TFLs, and adding his fair share of sacks when necessary.

Danny Shelton in year 5 can not be moved. He has even added some of the pass rush skills he displayed in college, making this defensive line one of the best in the league with Nassib on one side and Xavier Cooper on the other.

Christian Kirksey and Scooby Wright round out the best front 7 in football with Kirksey bringing the athleticism and Scooby bringing the mean streak. The Bengals have Burfict. The Steelers have Harrison. The Browns have Scooby Wright. While he and Kindred play in different areas of the field most of the time, together they make up the heart and leadership of the league's best defense, motivating the unit to play in such a style that's struck sheer fear into the hearts of opposing offenses, especially when they play in front of the DAWG POUND.

Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, Cam Erving, John Greco, and Shon Coleman have played together as a unit for 4 consecutive years now, with only early 2016 (while Coleman earned his spot) and a spot injury here and there interrupting the continuous flow of a perennial top 5 offensive line in the NFL. This line has pushed the Browns to the top 10 in rushing every year since 2017. Spencer Drango waits in the wings for the forthcoming Thomas retirement, planning to slide in to right tackle as Coleman takes over for the Hall of Famer. Sashi Brown just nailed new contracts for Bitonio, Erving, and Coleman, receiving a bit of a "home team discount" because these guys feel THEY HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS.

Speaking of rushing. Isaiah Crowell's rushed for 1,300+ yards each of the last 3 seasons after rushing for just shy of 1,000 in 2016. While he is the big bruiser, Duke Johnson provides a 3rd-down pass-catching presence that gives opponents just a little something extra to game plan for.

While Josh McCown and Robert Griffin III took turns serving as the Browns ball distributor-in-chief throughout 2016 and 2017, Cody Kessler took over in 2018, throwing for 20 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions while being the last piece the Browns were looking for: an offensive leader for the future. Kessler followed up his 2018 performance in 2019 by throwing for the same 7 interceptions, this time with 25 touchdowns, while leading the Browns to a 13-3 record, an NFC North championship, and the number 2 seed in the AFC playoffs.

Responsible for those touchdowns is Josh Gordon, the best receiver in the league, Terrelle Pryor, and Corey Coleman.

Gordon has his head on straight, missing only 3 games (all to injury) since his 2016 suspension. He loves Cleveland. Fantasy players everywhere have drafted him in the top 5 overall since 2017 after his 1,700 yard season in only 12 games in 2016.

Pryor and Coleman range from solid to spectacular in their roles as WRs 2/3. 2017 draft pick _____ provides excellent speed and physicality in the slot, always good for a 3rd down conversion on a quick slant route from Kessler.

Thomas, Bitonio, Greco (who finally broke through and got some recognition), Gordon, Shelton, Nassib, Ogbah, Scooby, and James all made the Pro Bowl this year. This is, top to bottom, one of the most talented teams in the league. Sashi Brown has built an incredible foundation and HE'S DONE IT WITH DRAFT PICKS. His team is young. His team is built to be perennially good. He started dealing with second contracts for his draft picks a year ago and showed the same excellence in negotiation that he did for evaluation when picking them. Brown's relationship with Hue Jackson is incredibly healthy.

Key to this team's construction has been the patience the fans showed in a 3-13 year in 2016 and a 6-10 year in 2017. It was the support of the fans that gave Brown, Jackson, and Haslam the resolve to stick it out, see things through, and finally they and the DAWG POUND have been rewarded with A DOMINANT FOOTBALL TEAM.

Browns fans everywhere, including and especially Jimmy Haslam, talk trash around the water cooler as the Browns absolutely slaughter offenses on a weekly basis and provide just enough offensively to make losses incredibly rare. This is the team Cleveland's wanted. This is the team Cleveland's deserved. This is the team that's given fans of crappy teams everywhere hope and this is the team, and the fanbase, that doesn't take ANY LIP OFF ANYONE, especially players and fans of the carbon copy team down in Cincinnati, the thieves in Baltimore, and the vile scum in Pittsburgh.

This is what you're waiting for and ride it out this year. Do you have the patience to do it or are you gonna be an anchor on our development. Make your choice. Plant your flag. Grab your hard hat because we're BUILDING. See you in the Super Bowl.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone showing some passion and hope and he gets crapped on.

Carl Nassib named starter today.

Get used to this team getting better and better.

But feel free to be cynical douchebags in the meantime.

Z

It's Sunday, January 19, 2020. As fate would have it. The number 2 seed Cleveland Browns are playing the 5 seed Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC championship game at First Energy Stadium. The Steelers have just knocked off the 1 seed New England Patriots to set up the epic rivalry showdown. To boot, The Rapist has said he will be retiring after this season and the Dawg Pound wants nothing more than to see it end in defeat to the Browns, particularly since the Steelers knocked the Browns out in the divisional round a year ago.

Let's talk a bit about this Cleveland Browns football team. It features Pro Bowlers all over the field, particularly on defense. This Browns defense is #1 in the league against the run, #6 against the pass, and #1 overall, building on a #7 finish in 2018.

Derek Kindred is known as the baddest mother**cker in the league. Hardest hitter on the team. It's difficult to count the games missed by Antonio Brown and AJ Green because of Derek Kindred's raw hitting ability and pure anger.

Browns 2017 draft pick Derwin James of Florida State provides excellent coverage skills from the other safety spot. Other 2017 draft picks shore up the rest of the secondary.

In his fourth year, Emmanuel Ogbah just polished off his second 13+ sack season. He and Orchard combine to form a complete nightmare for opposing offensive tackles and quarterbacks. Joe Schobert comes in and this group doesn't miss a beat.

Carl Nassib is the quintessential 3-4 DE, setting the edge perfectly, leading the league in TFLs, and adding his fair share of sacks when necessary.

Danny Shelton in year 5 can not be moved. He has even added some of the pass rush skills he displayed in college, making this defensive line one of the best in the league with Nassib on one side and Xavier Cooper on the other.

Christian Kirksey and Scooby Wright round out the best front 7 in football with Kirksey bringing the athleticism and Scooby bringing the mean streak. The Bengals have Burfict. The Steelers have Harrison. The Browns have Scooby Wright. While he and Kindred play in different areas of the field most of the time, together they make up the heart and leadership of the league's best defense, motivating the unit to play in such a style that's struck sheer fear into the hearts of opposing offenses, especially when they play in front of the DAWG POUND.

Joe Thomas, Joel Bitonio, Cam Erving, John Greco, and Shon Coleman have played together as a unit for 4 consecutive years now, with only early 2016 (while Coleman earned his spot) and a spot injury here and there interrupting the continuous flow of a perennial top 5 offensive line in the NFL. This line has pushed the Browns to the top 10 in rushing every year since 2017. Spencer Drango waits in the wings for the forthcoming Thomas retirement, planning to slide in to right tackle as Coleman takes over for the Hall of Famer. Sashi Brown just nailed new contracts for Bitonio, Erving, and Coleman, receiving a bit of a "home team discount" because these guys feel THEY HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS.

Speaking of rushing. Isaiah Crowell's rushed for 1,300+ yards each of the last 3 seasons after rushing for just shy of 1,000 in 2016. While he is the big bruiser, Duke Johnson provides a 3rd-down pass-catching presence that gives opponents just a little something extra to game plan for.

While Josh McCown and Robert Griffin III took turns serving as the Browns ball distributor-in-chief throughout 2016 and 2017, Cody Kessler took over in 2018, throwing for 20 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions while being the last piece the Browns were looking for: an offensive leader for the future. Kessler followed up his 2018 performance in 2019 by throwing for the same 7 interceptions, this time with 25 touchdowns, while leading the Browns to a 13-3 record, an NFC North championship, and the number 2 seed in the AFC playoffs.

Responsible for those touchdowns is Josh Gordon, the best receiver in the league, Terrelle Pryor, and Corey Coleman.

Gordon has his head on straight, missing only 3 games (all to injury) since his 2016 suspension. He loves Cleveland. Fantasy players everywhere have drafted him in the top 5 overall since 2017 after his 1,700 yard season in only 12 games in 2016.

Pryor and Coleman range from solid to spectacular in their roles as WRs 2/3. 2017 draft pick _____ provides excellent speed and physicality in the slot, always good for a 3rd down conversion on a quick slant route from Kessler.

Thomas, Bitonio, Greco (who finally broke through and got some recognition), Gordon, Shelton, Nassib, Ogbah, Scooby, and James all made the Pro Bowl this year. This is, top to bottom, one of the most talented teams in the league. Sashi Brown has built an incredible foundation and HE'S DONE IT WITH DRAFT PICKS. His team is young. His team is built to be perennially good. He started dealing with second contracts for his draft picks a year ago and showed the same excellence in negotiation that he did for evaluation when picking them. Brown's relationship with Hue Jackson is incredibly healthy.

Key to this team's construction has been the patience the fans showed in a 3-13 year in 2016 and a 6-10 year in 2017. It was the support of the fans that gave Brown, Jackson, and Haslam the resolve to stick it out, see things through, and finally they and the DAWG POUND have been rewarded with A DOMINANT FOOTBALL TEAM.

Browns fans everywhere, including and especially Jimmy Haslam, talk trash around the water cooler as the Browns absolutely slaughter offenses on a weekly basis and provide just enough offensively to make losses incredibly rare. This is the team Cleveland's wanted. This is the team Cleveland's deserved. This is the team that's given fans of crappy teams everywhere hope and this is the team, and the fanbase, that doesn't take ANY LIP OFF ANYONE, especially players and fans of the carbon copy team down in Cincinnati, the thieves in Baltimore, and the vile scum in Pittsburgh.

This is what you're waiting for and ride it out this year. Do you have the patience to do it or are you gonna be an anchor on our development. Make your choice. Plant your flag. Grab your hard hat because we're BUILDING. See you in the Super Bowl.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul,

Hats off to ye, me boy!

You're correct...Your scenario is NOT unrealistic. Thanks for the breath of fresh air amidst the recent shower of negativity from some.

Mike

Wow... our cap number must be astronomical... realistically speaking...

Two questions:

1. What did we do with our 2017 stockpile of picks?
  2. Did Haslam dome the stadium?

Wow... our cap number must be astronomical... realistically speaking...

Two questions:

• What did we do with our 2017 stockpile of picks?
  • Did Haslam dome the stadium?

We're using our savings from this year as a rollover? ;)

But aren't rookie contracts four years?

Someone showing some passion and hope and he gets crapped on.

Carl Nassib named starter today.

Get used to this team getting better and better.

But feel free to be cynical douchebags in the meantime.

Z

No wonder he doesn't like Mr. Realism. Could something like that happen? Sure, and I hope it does. I also hope I'll be around to see it.

I count 4 guys who apparently will be rooting for the Steelers in this game.

I'd never root for the Steelers- especially when they're playing the Browns.There's a difference between rooting for the Browns to lose- and acknowledging there's a high probability that they could lose. 2020 is a long way off- certainly too far in the future to make any predictions.

It's the path we're on. I'm painting a picture of the end game here so some of you losers will stop being so mopey. Do you plan on not being around in 3.5 years?

Some of us are not in our 20s. In fact a bunch of us aren't. Every day is a blessing. Not being too specific about my age- I can tell you my first football memory was "The greatest Game Ever Played". That would be the 1958 Colts- Giants Championship game. Yeah, 1964 was a LONG time ago. As the shirt says "Just ONE before I Die". At least LeBron and the Cavs erased the Championship drought- we were beginning to think Cleveland was cursed. Watch ESPNs Believeland? I've lived through it all.

What makes it unrealistic is no players are added for 4 years. That makes the whole thing bogus. But the hope behind it is fine. No problem with that. And for the record I liked Barbarella's Excessive machine which she smoked. :P

God willing, I'll be there.

Honestly fellas, this is it for me. My dad and I have sworn before the Good Lord takes one of us back up that we will watch the Browns playing in a Super Bowl. Dad's doing fine but is close to 60 at this point. I obviously got a lot of the best years ahead of me too that's for sure but still.

This is the facet that makes me the most frustrated year after year. I'm not going to define my relationship and memories with the padre on a sports team but hell that's kind of how I grew up. My two other brothers didn't get sucked into Cleveland sports so our bond is eternal on that. I can't wait for the Browns to finally get over that hump and surprise him with super bowl tickets (probably crying like a baby).

Woof woof!

Honestly fellas, this is it for me. My dad and I have sworn before the Good Lord takes one of us back up that we will watch the Browns playing in a Super Bowl. Dad's doing fine but is close to 60 at this point. I obviously got a lot of the best years ahead of me too that's for sure but still.

This is the facet that makes me the most frustrated year after year. I'm not going to define my relationship and memories with the padre on a sports team but hell that's kind of how I grew up. My two other brothers didn't get sucked into Cleveland sports so our bond is eternal on that. I can't wait for the Browns to finally get over that hump and surprise him with super bowl tickets (probably crying like a baby).

Woof woof!

Regarding Browns Super Bowl tickets- start saving now. :)

Two scenarios:

1) Be a Browns Season Ticket holder with around 40+ years worth of seniority to have any chance of getting them at face value. (A bunch of holders in that category are corporate, btw.) Me and Ballpeen discussed this a few years back. Let's hypothesize the Browns make it to the SB, and the game is in New Orleans. Seating capacity- 76,000. The Browns get 17% of that, or around 12,900 tickets. After the Browns give out tickets to the players, front office staff, and major corporate sponsors how many are left? 10,000 if we're being generous. That would leave the 5,000 or so season ticket holders with the most seniority as the lucky beneficiaries to get a pair of tickets.

2) Be prepared to shell out a ton of money on the secondary market. The Nosebleeds on StubHub will set you back $2,000 a pop- or more.

You could enter the lottery (odds only slight shorter than Power Ball) of getting seats the NFL dishes out to the lucky few. But that's a year before the game, no guarantee a specific team is going to be there. (FWIW- I must be lucky. I hit on the drawing to get one of the 500 bleacher seats when the Tribe played the Braves in the '90s World Series.)

Regarding Browns Super Bowl tickets- start saving now. :)

Two scenarios:

1) Be a Browns Season Ticket holder with around 40+ years worth of seniority to have any chance of getting them at face value. (A bunch of holders in that category are corporate, btw.) Me and Ballpeen discussed this a few years back. Let's hypothesize the Browns make it to the SB, and the game is in New Orleans. Seating capacity- 76,000. The Browns get 17% of that, or around 12,900 tickets. After the Browns give out tickets to the players, front office staff, and major corporate sponsors how many are left? 10,000 if we're being generous. That would leave the 5,000 or so season ticket holders with the most seniority as the lucky beneficiaries to get a pair of tickets.

2) Be prepared to shell out a ton of money on the secondary market. The Nosebleeds on StubHub will set you back $2,000 a pop- or more.

You could enter the lottery (odds only slight shorter than Power Ball) of getting seats the NFL dishes out to the lucky few. But that's a year before the game, no guarantee a specific team is going to be there. (FWIW- I must be lucky. I hit on the drawing to get one of the 500 bleacher seats when the Tribe played the Braves in the '90s World Series.)

I think my plan is if the Browns are ever in the AFC championship game to buy them literally the day after they win the divisional round game. My brother would probably come too so we'd split three tickets two ways. If the Browns didn't make it to the Super Bowl I'm sure we'd get pretty close to breaking even on the cost of the tickets on the re-sell. That route would at least be cheaper than buying after a guaranteed Super Bowl after the championship game.

Seriously, good for you guys keeping the faith with those season tickets. I would have jumped ship on that a longgg time ago. I've noted before but you couldn't pay me to get season tickets even if I lived right across the stadium.

Archived