THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackon Became Too Focused on RG3

CaineDeSoulis

Kess definitely looked like a nervous dude but I would expect some nerves out of a guy about to get thrown into his first game and it is tight with a division rival. We shall see. Whichever rookie goes in, I fully expect them to make some dumb mistakes. The upside is that it looks like we might have some receiving talent. The downside is that the rookie will be running for their life.

This is definitely going to help. Seeing Pryor and Coleman coming down with 50/50 balls is very encouraging and will go a long way to helping out the Kessmeister. Just need to get the run game going - taking away crowell's 85 yard TD run he had something like 48 yards on 17 carries, less than 3ypc. Fortunately, that ravens front seems to be one of the better run stopping Ds around. Unfortunately, we're up against some dude name Ndamukong Suh in Miami and our interior OL is set for a shake up.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say...Kessler was very close to coming in several times today.....and, it might just be me, but he looked big eyed horrified.....

Who knows if McCown will even be able to play next week?.....smooshed in the first quarter, then continuously throughout the game.....its gonna end bad....very very bad....and Kessler does NOT look like he is geared up and chomping at the bit to take over....

Yo Mud- the lousy officiating gripes seems to center on Pryor, but regarding McCown, MHO is the Ravens got away with one. He was on the ground- and instead of just touching him, a Ravens player decided to go full WWF body slam on him. Unnecessary roughness? Nah.

Long run maybe not but short term - we might have another McQuiston scenario on our hands.

Not seeing that, Chris. McQ was a rare talent.

Other than a wider experience imbalance between the two sides I'm not seeing the downside of a JT-JB-JG-SD-AP line.

You thinking Drango comes in at guard? Prior to Sunday that's what I would have expected as well, but Bailey was the guy that came in. And maybe it's my untrained eye, but I didn't really notice a drop off on the (admittedly low) performance level.

Was my bias, but forgot that France's move to PS left Drango as the slotted backup to Joe at LT. LT to RG is not an easy move and Bailey was decent in preseason.

At 6'3 320 Bailey is more an interior build kinda guy. I only remember seeing him work inside this preseason... mostly at LG IIRC.

Drango and S.Coleman both relieved Paz at RT in preseason.

Archived