THE BROWNS BOARD

The Draft Grades Are In

OconRecon

No gloating here. I'm sure I'll get the short end of the stick sometime soon with my obsessive posting on this forum! For the Browns sake, I'm glad I happen to take the "winnings". ;)

You are one of the best...I knew there wouldn't be any gloating.

I'm with you....In the end all that matters is that the draft works out well for the Browns.

Are you the one who said I do it for my ego, which would be such an outlandish accusation that it's laughable?

No, I don't think it was....though someone else did, and I laughed.

All's cool bubba....it is what it is.

This looks alot like the article Shep posted as a new thread.....hmmmm

i saw that too. lol

besides, if you guys didn't then i would've, but that's just me.

and don't act all coy like you've never dished it out shepwrite, you aint foolin' nobody.

although seemingly reformed nowadays you're the reason i bust your balls. i tend to view it as passive aggressive anyway. wanna bury the hatchet here? now's your chance.

Consider it buried in your fat head, you jamoke.

No, posting something I found interesting is neither egomaniacal nor passive aggressive. Attacking me over it is both of those things plus desperate and Retarded to boot.

no, i mean the way you have seemingly had me on ignore for years, that's what i found passive aggressive. occasionally i post something you could bite into so i figured it's not all dislike for the content. reread my post, this time don't make it all about you.

and real nice, jamoke.....i'm not familiar with that one. care to define it for me? or reconsider? this is a genuine peace offering, and so far you are who i thought you were.

how were you even attacked anyway? are you really that sensitive? posters have expressed their dislike of reposting articles and you continually choose to do it anyway. we understand your reasons. if you choose to take liberties for what you decide is the "greater good" then you might get some ribbing. you should expect that.

ever consider it might be insulting to the originator of the related topic, like they're being upstaged? new articles draw posts away from other topics and divide us. some might feel slighted when someone else does what you did.

a solution could be a locked thread for articles only. anyway, i admit in a post i would also try to enforce a request of the board and you name-call. is that how we want to continue this? you going to try to be funny and passive aggressively ignore this post? B)

Oh, boy. Okay...

1. Didn't know I was ignoring you. Sorry. No offense. Once I drop into a thread a couple times and it feels stale, I usually don't run way down the list to find it again.

2. Along those lines, I've never liked putting what I consider to be new material in old threads, even if it's related. I've actually never knowingly reposted anything. On whatsisname, James Davis, there were no other threads on my screen except the one I'd already read about him and Harrison together. Nothing about him being a steal per his previous draft projection.

3. You may have gotten tossed in with a few ass hats who jump me at every turn, totally unprovoked. They insist that I start threads in spite of having read the same exact thing elsewhere because I'm an attention whore and my real life is such an unfulfilling parade of failures. When I take exception to that, I'm protesting too much. I'm just not a huge fan of dipshits. They annoy me. I'm human.

4. "Jamoke" is an old-school and very light putdown, the kind you toss at someone when you're not being particularly mean spirited.

5. Generally, I ignore being chickenshitted because I know it's about the chickenshitter, not me... but sometimes I'm just not in the mood. It happens.

thanks for making a list.....and prefacing it with the little remark. it really sells the sincerity.

1. at any rate apology accepted. i really don't care if you join in on topics or not actually, i just wanted to clear the air and find out if you were actually being passive-aggressive or not, cuz it sure seemed so. (regarding me, not regarding posting duplicate articles, obviously.)

2. i appreciate that you post articles, i've told you so in the past. if you don't mind that it's not your name in lights maybe a thread consisting of just articles could be a great way to go. there could be an understanding not to post in the article thread and casual readers could get the info very accessibly, if that's what it's about. if there's a thread associated and you have something to add, you could be like the rest of us and find said thread and post there. while it may seem inconvenient, it would avoid the comments from posters you seem to feel are coming in totally unprovoked.

3. just because something didn't happen today doesn't mean it's unprovoked. you established our rapport years ago, and have been reaping the consequences ever since. some of us are human too.

4. i know what a jamoke is, i was just giving you another opportunity. it fits the avatar somewhat and i wasn't offended, but aside from your "old shool" definition, there are some others you might want to be aware of. it also means idiot, thug (like mafia muscle but specifically a dimwit) and it also has racist connotation. there are probably others but those are the ones i'm aware of. burying a hatchet into my head and calling me a jamoke is not a particularly "light putdown" by today's standards, but i'll take you at your word that's what you really meant. ;)

5.in our case it was all about you. for reasons unbeknownst to me you attacked me relentlessly when i first joined a few years back, you even followed me around throwing daggers. all of what i post your direction is mild compared to what you unleashed my direction back when ghoolie and erocc were here. i was known as superfansince86. that's where the passive aggressive comment from me came from, cuz you went from that to what we are today. i appreciate the reply. i would have bet money you'd ignore it, guess i was wrong.

This correlates to why whenever it gets busy around here (like now) we hate to have every Tom, Peter and Dick come around and start threads based on a whim and a stupid thought. It goes both ways, so when Shep or somebody wants to make sure something gets addressed they start a new thread. It kind of creates itself because the more threads there are the more that get started. At that point it is very hard to keep track of all the threads going on and some great posts are left irrelevant since they do get buried.

It's just the way it is when it gets busy, but I think as long as it is a good post it should be left alone. I don't know what mod is deleting Snapper's posts but I don't understand why.

It's all good guys, the Browns should be some happy mofos given the product we've suffered through to have us all bitching on here like this.

It's amazing, the Cavs are the shit and Browns talk still dominates the local media around here for you guys not living int he area.

For the most part, I think most of the regular guys who are here all the time are pretty good about not saturating the board with the same topics. I've PM'd new guys or people that just come around when it's busy and start posting before they even read a single thread and let them know. Most of it is accepted rationally cuz anybody that has ever visited forums realized many have hardcore stipulations for new posters. You know, things like sticky threads and warnings about showing respect and not being stupid?

3. You may have gotten tossed in with a few ass hats who jump me at every turn,

4. "Jamoke" is an old-school and very light putdown, the kind you toss at someone when you're not being particularly mean spirited.

Asshats.....lol...all I have done my friend is point out you post the same stuff that is in many cases already posted.....then you moan about not wanting to scroll down the page to pick up a ongoing conversation and start over

Guess what?? Quit starting so many threads and that stuff won't be buried. Simple concept really.

The jamoke comment....I agree, I use that term often....it was the part about considering the hatchet buried in his head that wasn't a light putdown and far from "not being particularly mean spirited. "

JMO

i'm not trying to lecture you or drag this out, but i am one to tell people how i really feel rather than simply giving them lip-service. i was fine with things until your subsequent replies and in all honesty your response to my attempt at peace seems half-hearted and quite dismissive.

**enter other readers** "uh really, yuh think so?!?!"

to me it's pretty obvious and i can't overlook it.

below is my post. do you really think i cast the first stone?

i saw that too. lol

besides, if you guys didn't then i would've, but that's just me.

and don't act all coy like you've never dished it out shepwrite, you aint foolin' nobody.

although seemingly reformed nowadays you're the reason i bust your balls. i tend to view it as passive aggressive anyway. wanna bury the hatchet here? now's your chance.

that's barely a pebble if anything and i'd venture to say that i attempted just the opposite.

which brought about:

Consider it buried in your fat head, you jamoke.

now you know we weren't on a level where i'd take a comment like that lightly. i was fine with it still until you tried to downplay it and inserted "Dickhead" into my line to help make your point, countering that "you're not the attacking type". this is the type of evasive rhetoric that brings about the drama you pretend you're so much above.

it would be different if you have ever quoted me, replied to me, or given thanks to anything i've ever said in 3 years but you haven't. therefore the comment could have easily been taken in a much worse way than you claim to have intended it. you did not take care to help me understand it was said in jest and are now attempting to skew it as if i brought it upon myself, yet have no recollection of previous battles. again, saying you're not that attack type is laffable to me, considering our past that you conveniently forgot all about. you always have used that defense, so if nothing else i guess i can admire the consistency.

if your memory is anything like you say chances are you'll forget we even had this conversation, but i'll still try to hold up my end as well as i can.

so as you would say "carry on".

It's all good guys, the Browns should be some happy mofos given the product we've suffered through to have us all bitching on here like this.
it is all good Riffer but this conversation was long overdue.

when i was a reader-only i respected shepwrite's opinion on things and when he spent my first month+plus flaming me unprovoked for asbsolutely no reason other than i posted in lower-case it apparently had a lasting effect. one could argue it helped make me the poster i am today. so this is therapy, and we're gonna hug it out. :wub:

or not. B)

ok i've aired it all and i'm done.

The Cavs? Who are they?

Haha, we're not even out of April and the Tribe is a non entity among fans.

What happened to all those super fans of a few year's past?

BTW, they may pull one out tonight.

Archived