THE BROWNS BOARD

THE Big Question Answered

Chicopee John

Well, there was Mark Sanchez. Still sitting there when the Browns turn to draft arrived.

Rather than trading Quinn and drafting Sanchez at that point, the Browns opted to keep him and trade the 'draft rights' to the Jets.

Mangini might even be more tight lipped than his mentor. Saying that the starting QB position is/was a toss up was nothing but vintage bluffing.

Quinn will be the starter. I believe Anderson will be wearing another uniform before the season starts - maybe for a RB - hopefully for draft picks next year.

Many are looking forward to watching BQ make his mark on the nfl..for better or for worse the kid deserves his shot with the browns..however unless mankok gives DA away cheap Quinn will have the unfortunate task of kicking DAs butt in the qb derby potentially making him worth even less...

DA is so undesireable in most schemes i bet he takes a pay cut and sticks around as a 3rd qb...hehehehehe ;)

although game commentators annoy me to no end, as i rewatch DA's games i am always blown away at how impressed they are with him. i am so completely used to the Brownies getting absolutely no love, their appreciation of his abilities shines through like a bat signal pointed directly at my face. they constantly talk about him like he's the Adrian Peterson of passing, it's nuts.

if he continues to learn to dissect defenses Brady will never, ever touch the field in CLE. it's about time for the rest of you to accept this.

Not a reflection on John, but it would be refreshing if we laid the qb talk to rest for a while.

We have 3 qbs right now, and it has been stated they will battle it out in camp.

We all have an opinion on who will, might, or should be the starter, and in all the time this debate has raged I haven't seen one person change their opinion. We end up regurgitating the same stuff over and over.

It will all clear up over the next few weeks/months, so in the mean time it would be nice if we put a moratorium on all the talk, because it goes from talk to name calling pretty quickly around here.

I hope Ratcliff studs out and becomes the starter...or could be...as well as both Quinn and Anderson because that will put us in the best position possible.

Yesterday we got better on O and on D. In the end end that is going to help whoever emerges as the starter.

We should feel good about that.

JMO

if he continues to learn to dissect defenses Brady will never, ever touch the field in CLE. it's about time for the rest of you to accept this.

You really should make sure you were "rewatching" Browns games.

DA's ability to throw a dissecting laser type pass has never been the question. Its his 10 cent head. Its his complete lack of ANY type of mobility. Its his inabililty to his a receiver in stride with a short pass.

Remember, Mr. Dissect was the worst rated NFL passer last year.

You really should make sure you were "rewatching" Browns games.

DA's ability to throw a dissecting laser type pass has never been the question. Its his 10 cent head. Its his complete lack of ANY type of mobility. Its his inabililty to his a receiver in stride with a short pass.

Remember, Mr. Dissect was the worst rated NFL passer last year.

whatevs....

let your boy prove it for you. tired of this lame argument. until then, DA is the only Brown to go to the probowl and holds current records. how long do you get to hide behind his inability to even get the start? DA had to lose it to even get p/t. BQ, by default. very convincing.

ballpeen i thought my commentator anecdote was fresh. :)

they call my QB names, i tell them to fuk off, it goes on.....

i see your point.

Here's my MMQB assessment.

Quinn - will start. Someone said Mangini knows he's a huge fan favorite and it would be a PR nightmare to not try him. As evidenced by the draft, he's trying to build a foundation, so he drafted a stud in the middle and some weapons. If Quinn can't do it now, then that's that, and nobody can say he didn't drive the car before selling it.

Ratliff - Mangini likes him. If Quinn doesn't work out in the first season, Mangini makes everyone happy by giving Quinn a shot and he moves in Ratliff - who some say he prefers. In the big picture, he came to town, gave the home town boy a shot, it didn't work out, and then he brings in this guy. He softens up the home town folks by drafting Robiski, who is his type of guy anyway, and a darn good player.

Anderson - is done. He had his chance, he's not Mangini's guy anyway, and the fans would revolt if given the starting job. Other than Lumby, I'm betting the anti-Quinn crowd moves right over to Ratliff.

2 cents worth anyway

Again, you don't follow the argument. Its not that Quinn is "my boy". Its that DA isn't. Why you want to invest more time in him is beyond me. See if Quinn can play. If he can't, we need a QB. Pretty simple.

it's not up to me to give him the start any more than it's up to me to hump winona ryder. quinn is certainly "your boy" and investing year three in Elway and Bradshaw is probably beyond you too.

let Quinn show me he can play and i'll see it then. until then you're obsessed with a possibility. deal.

Here's my MMQB assessment.

Quinn - will start. Someone said Mangini knows he's a huge fan favorite and it would be a PR nightmare to not try him. As evidenced by the draft, he's trying to build a foundation, so he drafted a stud in the middle and some weapons. If Quinn can't do it now, then that's that, and nobody can say he didn't drive the car before selling it.

that's fine for rational Browns fans Ocon, but forever won't be long enough for most of these Brady Quinn fans. they'll want him to have several years to develop.

how long is the leash to be?

how long is the leash to be?

Tough one. If he's flopping, 6 games? If he's performing at a medium level, then at least this season as I'd bet most first rounders get a season to pan out.

Seem fair? I want to win, but want to be patient too.

Tough one. If he's flopping, 6 games? If he's performing at a medium level, then at least this season as I'd bet most first rounders get a season to pan out.

Seem fair? I want to win, but want to be patient too.

what if he has a decent year, gets 70% or more of the starts--his payday kicks in and prorates--then teams figure him out the following year and no one will touch him w/ a ten foot pole because he commands elite pay? what then? it's a tough situation for sure.

what if he has a decent year, gets 70% or more of the starts--his payday kicks in and prorates--then teams figure him out the following year and no one will touch him w/ a ten foot pole because he commands elite pay? what then? it's a tough situation for sure.

Yep, going to need to see him on the field to know. Whoever it is, it seems like Mangini is giving them the tools to succeed with O-line improvement and drafting 2 WR's in the first 3 picks. For Quinn, add on its a Dabol/Weis system, and he has been given the best situation to succeed. No excuses.

Unbeleivable.

How miserable does one need to be to continue the QB debate?

A #1 pick at QB 2- #1's blocking for him, A #1 +2-#2's for him to throw to. People need to start seeing the glass at minimum half full!!

There was no way Mangini could of come out of that draft grading any better than he did unless they awarded the Lombardi trophy to him on the spot.

Very solid draft and adequate compensation. Let's move on.

...Very solid draft and adequate compensation. Let's move on.

I'd rate the draft an A. I loved it. Solid, non-flashy picks. We avoided prettiest-girl-at-the-dance drafting, which is more Al Davis/Jerry Jones style anyway, not Mangini.

I had a soft spot for Rey, but I'm over it.

Add on the new regime had a limited time to put their evaluators together - an excellent job I'd say.

it's not up to me to give him the start any more than it's up to me to hump winona ryder. quinn is certainly "your boy" and investing year three in Elway and Bradshaw is probably beyond you too.

let Quinn show me he can play and i'll see it then. until then you're obsessed with a possibility. deal.

Got it. You're proposing that the leash for DA should be as long as it was for two HOF'ers who were both drafted #1 overall?

Moron.

Come off your self appoined high horse and back up your position with a legitimate argument. I'm ready to "dissect" it.

You just described Derek "Mendoza" Anderson. Except teams "figured him out" in 8 weeks.

Awesome.

although game commentators annoy me to no end, as i rewatch DA's games i am always blown away at how impressed they are with him. i am so completely used to the Brownies getting absolutely no love, their appreciation of his abilities shines through like a bat signal pointed directly at my face. they constantly talk about him like he's the Adrian Peterson of passing, it's nuts.

We officially need an "un-thanks" button.

Small difference is that Elway and Bradshaw didn't progressively get worse as their careers went on.

whatevs....

let your boy prove it for you. tired of this lame argument. until then, DA is the only Brown to go to the probowl and holds current records. how long do you get to hide behind his inability to even get the start? DA had to lose it to even get p/t. BQ, by default. very convincing.

ballpeen i thought my commentator anecdote was fresh. :)

they call my QB names, i tell them to fuk off, it goes on.....

i see your point.

Funny you point that out, because DA had to have the guy he LOST to in training camp traded before he could get the start. Then he had to have the GM tell everyone that he was the starter to keep starting.

So, Quinn gets 6games, but DA continues to get more time to develop?

You're as in love with DA as Lumbergh. Stop fellating him and open your eyes.

Well, there was Mark Sanchez. Still sitting there when the Browns turn to draft arrived.

Rather than trading Quinn and drafting Sanchez at that point, the Browns opted to keep him and trade the 'draft rights' to the Jets.

Mangini might even be more tight lipped than his mentor. Saying that the starting QB position is/was a toss up was nothing but vintage bluffing.

Quinn will be the starter. I believe Anderson will be wearing another uniform before the season starts - maybe for a RB - hopefully for draft picks next year.

The only question answered this weekend is that Anderson didn't get traded.

BQ Nation was wrong again.

I think we should give Dexter five more years to see if he can become more than the league's worst ranked passer.

I am willing to be patient.

we don't need to be patient....let's just include anyone that throws more than 2 passes next season....so he can drop further than #32

The only question answered this weekend is that Anderson didn't get traded.

BQ Nation was wrong again.

Frankly, everyone was wrong this weekend. I don't think anyone predicted what happened at this years draft.

Mangini is on to something about drafting "smart" players. At the NFL level, most guys are all gifted athletically. I have held to the idea that what seperates the greats from the mediocre are two things. Work ethic and Smarts.

Archived