THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Expectations, Quinn should have a Great Year!

Mr. T

Touche JAD!

We're merging into the same perspective here. :)

Put it this way, I'm pretty sure the NFL owners wish they'd have structured their rookie payscale differently (collective bargaining agreement, etc.) to put the money to BETTER use. So, while I may not concede the term dumb for the current state of rookie contracts, I will concede suboptimal. ;)

I quite frankly think the power of public opinion (i.e., us - the NFL's retail client base) will most likely be a major, if not the, cause of change.

I mean $40m guaranteed? C'mon.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize that the camps of both Quinn & Anderson are pretty set in their ways, just let me add some thoughts from a guy who could care less who's under center...

Keep in mind that almost all of the players in the league earned all american status while in college...

After the 2007 season, I was in Florida attending a sports show and had the privledge to meet Carson Palmer from the Bengals...Our conversation went back to that game in Cincy... Palmer told me that those were the toughest wind conditions he had ever played in... He stated that at times once the ball left his hand he had no idea where it would end up... In fact, he told me he missed one pass by as much as 10 yards.....

In addition, he also stated that the league has had a file on Anderson since the days he played (or didn't play) in Baltimore.... In the pro's they know your abilities as soon as you hit camp... The thing that struck me as rather odd is that he inferred that by mid season the league had a book on Chud's tendancies and in certain situations his play calling was most predictible... Chud consistantly put his players in a position to fail rather than win....

Keep in mind that neither QB is Mangini's pick so he's really not committed to either and can lay the blame on the Savage regime if either doesn't live up to the fans expectations.... Neither Quarterback sucks (using board terminology) but one will be asked to take the Mangini regime to the next level....Let the competition begin.....

T.Dawg

Im sorry I dont hold any sympathy for DA over that game, especially when he laughed it off during his interview. He just pissed away our chances of getting in the playoffs. And I dont feel he even cared, he is to self serving to ba a leader on the field. Some say QB's like DA are gamblers, or they are just ignorant. After his 4th INT do you think he learned anything yet? NO!

• 5 months later...

Predictions of Genius

"Hell Quinn could make a run at the MVP this season.... " - The Great Inspecta Clouseau

- "My prediction: Lumburgh rides off into the sunset, the QB threads vanish and we have a winning season. No I haven't been drinking today....yet." - 88 Forgettable Fingers

- "Quinn should be capable of haveing a 4,000 yard year with the WR's he know has and a plus withthat O-Line, which will probably be one of the best in the NFL with the new additions we hust paicked up." - Mr. T

- "Yeah probably 45 TDs too, right? Seriously though, even if somehow BQ were to start and play all 16 games, there ain't a chance in hell that he goes for 4,000 next season. Book it." - The Tragically Unloved Lumbergh

- "I think 50 is entirely possible.... " The Great Inspecta Clouseau

* "Even old man Lewis should be able to have another 1,000 yard season with this line. Their is the possibility with the revamped O-line and with these receivers that Quinn could run the spread offense very effectively." - Mr. T

"The pick up of Jordan Norwood was sweet, this guy will be a great slot WR. " - Cambridge Ho

"...and Robiskie is VERY NFL ready." - One Fell Swoop

My point? Fans don't know shit when it comes to evaluating talent and running organizations. Yes Mangini, Daboll and Lerner could suck a great deal less. But running them out of town with the data you have now is just dumb. Your impatience and desire for the quick fix is like just giving a heroin addict a hit instead of taking him to rehab. Sure it feels good to fire the coach at that moment but when the high ends you'll fly down to reality. This board is overwhelmingly spewing negativity. Which is fine in itself but demanding action being taken now in firing Mangini or asking Lerner to sell the team is, bluntly, pure stupidity.

Look back at what you thought then and what you think now. Maybe things will change if you have the patience?

As someone who has lurked on this forum - and greatly enjoys it - I have to say I loved the reversal of positions between Inspecta and Lumbergh. Which is why I named myself "Crow" - all the Lumbergh haters are now feasting on it. Everybody loves the backup quarterback on a losing team. Well. Until he's actually the starter. Our team will never be successful if we treat hiring coaches like we would casual dating - breaking up with our leaders after a bad date or two.

Oh, man... I dont know who bumped this but reading through the replies at the beginning of this thread was hilarious.

"Best O-line in the league"

"Quinn for MVP"

"Lewis go get over 1000 yards"

No offense for the people who were saying this... but it was just so funny to see such high hopes we had back in the off season.

Archived