THE BROWNS BOARD

Harell lands with Browns

standish

Guess you missed the senior bowl...it was derrick anderson in the probowl...esk!

Dude does have a point DA was in the Probowl being a fluke or not - hell I remember being on the Kelly Holcomb bandwagon when he was throwing bombs until that horrible playoff game giving up 17 points in 5minutes to the fracking steelers in the forth quarter..... I wouldnt be suprised if we get better players out of UDFA's than the guys we drafted except for Robiskie (I feel he will mirror the likes of a Santonio Holmes type player yeeeeeee)

He's a system QB. After the likes of Andre Ware, David Klingler, Kliff Kingsbury, etc.....no one really wants to take a shot. The one thing I do like about the kid is that he makes quick decisions. I think his arm is average and his athleticism is minimal otherwise. That said, Colt Brennan stuck with the Redskins last year and he was a similar QB.

He has some things working for him. If he had a stronger arm he would've been drafted. He has a pretty weak arm. That being said, he's accurate and makes quick decisions as you said. Unfortunately, his defensive competition was below average and his offense was such an efficient college offense that it's really tough to get a read on how good his decision making is.

I do think he's better than Brennan, so Harrell should be able to make the team at least.

Ya know what I took from that? Crabtree is a Diva. Check. Anyone else notice the 20+TW carat Bling he was wearing on draft day? The guy is gonna want to get paid, and big time. Any bets that's he's going to hold out for a mega contract?

Ya know what I took from that? Crabtree is a Diva. Check. Anyone else notice the 20+TW carat Bling he was wearing on draft day? The guy is gonna want to get paid, and big time. Any bets that's he's going to hold out for a mega contract?

Agreed. Mankoke made a great decision with this one.

Oh, when can we officially become Harrell fags? Is it before or after the pink jersey's are printed?

In all fairness to Crabtree, I think there were a lot of players wearing bling. I think Aaron Curry was one of those guys, too, and he's considered the opposite of a diva, but I'm not sure on that one. There were many.

nope--that's one bet i won't take.

Prime wears bling too.....it's not the floss that's the problem, it's what they let us see when the cameras are rolling. or what they didn't care we saw. like when Cushing was chewing his gum like a cow but saw a camera and quickly made the adjustment and hid it. those nflnet features were a great opportunity for those guys. some attempted to show a bit of class for the cameras and audience, others chose to carry themselves as if they were/are bigger than the world. the writing is definitely on the wall w/ Crabtree. he wears a lot of red too. just saying.

remove shame from a human and there's no end to his unpredictablilty.

I think Aaron Curry was one of those guys, too, and he's considered the opposite of a diva, but I'm not sure on that one. There were many.

I have to disagree. The only bling Curry was wearing on draft day was a 10 year old cancer survivor from St Judes. The guy is a class act.

nope--that's one bet i won't take.

Prime wears bling too.....it's not the floss that's the problem, it's what they let us see when the cameras are rolling. or what they didn't care we saw. like when Cushing was chewing his gum like a cow but saw a camera and quickly made the adjustment and hid it. those nflnet features were a great opportunity for those guys. some attempted to show a bit of class for the cameras and audience, others chose to carry themselves as if they were/are bigger than the world. the writing is definitely on the wall w/ Crabtree. he wears a lot of red too. just saying.

remove shame from a human and there's no end to his unpredictably.

To a certain extent floss is a problem. Maybe not so much for the next gen, but it sure as hell is for us old geezers- who now pay these guys contracts. Rookie pay scale = guaranteed in next collective bargaining agreement.

Um, prove you're great, before you start acting like you're great. Personally, I have a low tolerance for arrogance. Hello? Peter Warrick, Anyone? LOL, Hart Lee Dykes, google that one for kicks & giggles.

Guest Aloysius
I have to disagree. The only bling Curry was wearing on draft day was a 10 year old cancer survivor from St Judes. The guy is a class act.

Yeah, the only "bling" Curry wore was a Wake Forest lapel pin, which he removed before the f*cking Seahawks selected him.

I noticed Eugene Monroe was wearing two gold watches, which wasn't a real shocker:

Monroe has been called lazy by some NFL scouts and the big offensive tackle reportedly told people prior to the 2008 season, "I will turn it on now because I have to," referencing the fact he was not previously playing up to his potential. Even Mike Groh, the former offensive coordinator from Virginia, has told people Monroe is not as tough or nasty as Brandon Albert, the 15th pick of last April's first round.

I don't really have a problem with these guys wearing the stuff, but it does reinforce negative perceptions. So if the guy's got a bad rep and he still wears it, he's probably not very smart.

Jewelry doesn't really bother me that much. I think it looks a bit queer, but unless a guy is trying to look like Mr.T(not ours) I just chalk it up as a sign of the times.

I think guys like Tucker look like idiots with a solid body tattoo too, but what are you going to do?? You can't tell them to take them off. At least the jewelry freaks can.

So this morning Nfl radio was talking about Harell. They compared stats over the last two years between Harell and Stafford. Harell is a way more accurate QB stats wise compared to Stafford. The other stats were pretty close. We could have a real gem. The only reason i see us not keeping him is the Ratliff pickup. I see Quinn or Anderson starting but as our 3rd stringer i see a battle between Harrel and Ratliff. Lets see if skill wins this battle.

In all fairness to Crabtree, I think there were a lot of players wearing bling. I think Aaron Curry was one of those guys, too, and he's considered the opposite of a diva, but I'm not sure on that one. There were many.

Not Don Brown. He was at home with his parents in a T-shirt.

I'm so glad he didn't end up in the AFC North. Especially with the Stoolers. This is one guy I hope is very successful.

The classiest guy in the draft.

I wasn't sure if Curry was or not, like I said. The point remains the same. If bling at the draft classifies someone as a diva, then there are a lot of divas. Nothing has been confirmed about Crabtree being a diva and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

ESPNHD's College Football Live is praising G. Harell right now. "He has all of the tools".

Seems like:

Quinn - starter

Ratleff - 2nd string

Harell - 3rd string

DA - trade him

OR:

Quinn - starter

DA - 2nd string

Ratleff - 3rd string

Harell - practice squad and then as soon as a QB goes down during the pre-season, dangle DA.

Archived