THE BROWNS BOARD

ESPN Article Texas Tech Coach Rips Mangini

thomasw

Texas Tech Head Coach Mike Leach rips Mangini for passing on Crabtree at #5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4105406

"Michael Crabtree has been more successful as a receiver than that guy as a coach at this point,"

Leach said Crabtree isn't a "diva." "My definition of a diva is someone who's loud and self-absorbed," Leach told the Bee. "Michael Crabtree is the furthest thing from loud that I've seen. ... Let's see how all those non-divas do up in Cleveland this year."

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Michael Crabtree has been more successful as a receiver than that guy as a coach at this point,"

Leach said Crabtree isn't a "diva." "My definition of a diva is someone who's loud and self-absorbed," Leach told the Bee. "Michael Crabtree is the furthest thing from loud that I've seen. ... Let's see how all those non-divas do up in Cleveland this year."

What a jackass. Crabtree fell because it's the NFL draft and the NFL draft is unpredictable. I'd rather have Robiskie and Mack over Crabtree. You then add in Massaquoi and the Texas Tech coach looks like a dumb ass. I never liked Leach, he just solidified my opinion.

Funny, besides the story in the PD about Crabtree not being liked after his trip to Berea, Suzi Kolber said the same thing after he showed up at ESPN. She said the talk there was that he wasn't a nice guy.

When you start hearing the same thing over and over then there is something to it.

Funny, besides the story in the PD about Crabtree not being liked after his trip to Berea, Suzi Kolber said the same thing after he showed up at ESPN. She said the talk there was that he wasn't a nice guy.

When you start hearing the same thing over and over then there is something to it.

/whispers *She's Hot*

Leach acts like TT is some sort of dominant program or something LMAO.

Ha! Agreed.

Somebody needs to remind Leach that his name isn't Pete Carroll (not that Carroll would let this kind of idiocy fall out of his mouth). TT's AD ought to be the 1st making that phone call.

Anyway, if Leach wasn't 8 kinds of stupid, he'd be using his TOP 10 EFFING NFL DRAFT PICK as a nice new recruiting tool in the media guide as opposed to this cry-baby crap.

/whispers *She's Hot*

Joe Namath, is that you? Regardless, I tend to agree.

In any event, here's another gem from Leach, on the Cowboys' signing an UDFA QB from Texas A&M after he didn't start his senior season:

>>"I'm happy for Stephen McGee," Leach told The Dallas Morning News. "The Dallas Cowboys like him more than his coaches at A&M did."<<

I look forward to hearing from you again when the Browns cut Harrell, tool.

Dennis

Maybe TTU's players don't get love from the NFL because teams remember how well Tim Couch, Andre Ware, Alex Smith, and other system players from college turn out.

Hey, Leach! You can't do that to our pledges, only we can do that to our pledges!

Leave it to us to rip on Mangini, you worry about why your spread offense stinks to high heaven when a physical defense is on the opposite sidleine.

There are classy ways to defend your player, and then there's the Mike Leach way: Defending your player by taking a cheap shot at others.

How ironic his claim that Crabtree isn't a diva when he epitomizes it by these kinds of comments.

1. Mike Leach hasn't done jack as a coach. Eric Mangini has three Super Bowl rings. Fact.

2. Michael Crabtree fell in the draft because his background check is sketchy and he alienated everyone from the doorman to the GM. Fact.

3. Aside from Wes Welker, the number of Mike Leach coached Tech skill players who have been good in the NFL? ZERO.

Someone needs to point out to Mike Leach (since apparently he can't read) that the Plain Dealer wasn't quoting Eric Mangini when it said he was a "diva". That same Eric Mangini who just gave your crap QB Harrell a UFA contract. Get your facts straight Mike and get ready for your whoopin' in Austin.

Hook 'em Horns.

Leach is evidently supposed to be some sort of Offense Savant, but he just looks like a guy who will show up at a recruit's house with mayo on his chin.

t1_leachwhite.jpg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hey Leach ... your quarterback just signed with us ... so maybe he doesn't respect ... you.

Zombo

--Way to finish a season, coach.

The Browns are in massive---"quick it fix and win" mode... we couldnt just pick best available or base our pick on one possible trade option... our franchise keeps getting erased and rebuilt...with only a handful of picks, it made good sense to wheel and deal. I had no problem with working with the Jets. Heck, we are thier NFL minor league affiliate...why the heck not ???? (lust kidding...I liked our draft)

Crabtree wasnt going to make us an instant winner...but going out and dealing for possibly 4-6 new starters has the potentail to change our result on the field.

Lets hope so.

Bermeck (Jets have a fourth waterboy... time for a deal)

What a jackass. Crabtree fell because it's the NFL draft and the NFL draft is unpredictable. I'd rather have Robiskie and Mack over Crabtree. You then add in Massaquoi and the Texas Tech coach looks like a dumb ass. I never liked Leach, he just solidified my opinion.

Agreed If we can get the air out of BE's ass and focus on the team picture and winning - our new recievers will be great - Im a huge Buckeye fan and love what Robiskie did - There is just something in mygut especially from watching him in college, Massaquoi is gonna be SICK! He might pull an eddie royal and be a great fantasy pick up also - look at all the recievers in new orleans last year - the browns could be on that same path

The Browns are in massive---"quick it fix and win" mode... we couldnt just pick best available or base our pick on one possible trade option... our franchise keeps getting erased and rebuilt...with only a handful of picks, it made good sense to wheel and deal. I had no problem with working with the Jets. Heck, we are thier NFL minor league affiliate...why the heck not ???? (lust kidding...I liked our draft)

Crabtree wasnt going to make us an instant winner...but going out and dealing for possibly 4-6 new starters has the potentail to change our result on the field.

Lets hope so.

Bermeck (Jets have a fourth waterboy... time for a deal)

Yeah the only thing Crabtree would have done right away in Cleveland is sell jerseys and open up a restaurant in Euclid called Michaels CrabLegs "catchem if ya can" LOL

Disagree with the Browns decision? Doesn't he know it's April? April through August is our best season!

Obviously he does not know what the MIGHTY CLEVELAND BROWNS are all about!

Disagree with the Browns!

A lot of people have disagreed with the Browns decisions over the past 10 years and,,, well,,, we've proven them wrong?

Remember the past 10 drafts everyone. We have always been told we had great drafts, but if they don't translate into wins, who cares. Two years ago, Savage was a draft wizard.

Leach is evidently supposed to be some sort of Offense Savant, but he just looks like a guy who will show up at a recruit's house with mayo on his chin.

t1_leachwhite.jpg

This is the offensive genius that called a QB sneak on 4th and almost 3 in the Cotton Bowl. It even left the Announcers stunned..

Browns fans are such idiots. First, Crabtree probly didnt want anything to do with Cleveland so he gave that impression when he was there. He will be much better off where he is. Second, this idea that well Leech is a "jackass" and is pretending TX Tech is some kinda elite program? Are you kidding me Browns fan? Do you know where your team ranks compared to other teams in relevance. Damn near last lol. Maybe if CLeveland had Leech they could figure out how to put the ball in the endzone. People on here talk alot for having a crappy team with no real prospects. In reality heres what you should take away from the draft and look forward to. A ego maniac Bellichek wanna be coach who has never won anything at any level, 2 high priced yet still loser quarterbacks, a management trying to get rid of your best target for those overrated qbs (edwards) who passes on several much better prospects than mack or anyone else they took, and finally a fan base who thinks that everything is good. I can't figure out why the browns are so awful every year. Loser team, loser town. Lebrons was from here and he will be gone soon too lol, and once again ALL of your teams will suck. So when you have either Anderson or Quinn getting knocked around and you dont have either Crabtree or Edwards to help or a half decent defense remember Mangini is to blame, but at least you dont have any divas hahaha. Enjoy last place.

go root for SanFransisco you F$#k ... :P

You gotta love an idiot kid from Texas coming on here to back his coach/players. I love angry rants like that...makes the person feel good while looking like a moron at the same time haha. Crabtree fell because that happens in the NFL. Texas Tech is a nobody college program. Hooray for their one guy a year entering the NFL! The coach wanted to make the press and he did. Spoken like a true fool haha.

Next!

Get a real job? I guarentee Mike Leech has a better job and makes more money than any of you losers. Pathetic all of you. The guy stuck up for his player. Get over it. This is the most Retarded fan base in America. Talks more than anyone and has such a crapy team. Leach won more games this year than you idiots and had fewer attempts. Finished with a top ten team and once again one of the best offenses. Hes at the top of his profession and all you idiots do is say he doesn't know what hes doing. Pull your heads out from that crap hole you live in and look around my God. Anyone remember a team called the Ravens? They didnt win crap their but somehow won the super bowl almost immediatly after getting out of there and away from all you idiot fans who change everything if it doesnt work right away. Once again you will be a loser. Maybe this year you can blame Mike Leech since your running out of options. Pathetic. Viva John ELway.

Archived