Massaquoi

Veikune

or

B: Machlin

Alphonzo Smith

Shonn Green

Antoine Caldwell

Along with Elam Coleman and Ratliff

Taking into account we have Bowens(olb), Moseley, Barton.

I already know what you guys are going to vote but...I vote B!

maybe your in the wrong line of work, solon.......if your so xxxxing good, why are you just bitching on the internets?

lemme say it another way...we dont give a flying xxxx what you think.

K? anything unclear?

If you don't like it then go to another thread. This stuff of saying you don't care about another person's opinion on an opinion foum is possibly the most ridiculous statement anyone can make.

If you aren't prepared for someone making his opinions known then don't come here. Other than that, give the guy some respect.

I think the question is a legimate question. I'm not sure which lineup of draftees I'd vote for. But I'm not going to rip into him like a monkey rips into a cupcake just because I disagree.

doh! you beat me Timmy!

**edit** i didn't know you could change the thread once it had posted.

hey Solon you just taught me something.

any chance we could get a cap on "r"obiskie? the guy might read this and take it personally. ^_^

DONE!

You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

You of all people know it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft. So, whoever you like now doesn't really matter until they suit it up and get a chance to play.

Remember when you and me critized the taking of Wimbley over Ngota and were shouted out of the ABJ because we wanted Merriman and everybody said he was a reach. We also didn't want Edwards.

Know we can judge those drafts. Guys aren't a reach if you feel he is the best on your board and will be a big impact on your team. Nobody knew that NFL security sent every team a report about Maualuga. Teams backed off and he fell. In a couple of years we will know if those concerns were real or maybe the guy turns out to be a stud. But to say we blew it at this point doesn't mean a thing. I remember thing Cincy had their future LBs for many years, I wanted Thurman so bad. What a beast he could have been.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We knew going into the draft that we had 5 picks and big needs at WR, OLB, Safety and Center. They also wanted to upgrade the DL, DBs and RB. I think they did pretty damn good filling those needs with players and picks. I also believe that nobody can give this draft a grade or say the team picked the wrong guys until you see them suit up and play. Maybe our guys bomb and the guys you wanted become stars, but you can't rag on the picks until we get some feedback from the field.

Hey, they didn't pick all the guys I wanted either, but I hope they had more info to make better decisions.

We'll know before the 2012 season kicks off.

Better yet....I was laughed at for screaming for maurice jones drew.... :lol:

I'll out myself as someone who voted B. We had a chance to get an impact player at 17 and the first pick in the second, and went safe on both. I understand we needed depth, but this team has absolutely zero playmakers (O or D) outside of Cribbs, and he only gets 5-6 plays per game. I like Robiskie, but his absolute ceiling is fairly low for a 2nd. I'd also be completely shocked if we get anything out of the other 2nd rounders for the next 3 years.

Mack I am on the fence about. No doubt he'll be starting day 1, but will he be a significant upgrade over Hadnot or someone else we could have gotten from cut downs? To develop interior o-linemen, aren't you supposed to draft 3-year-starting smart 275 lbs kids from Purdue and BC, and then place them on a strict "protein shake" and workout regimen for two years? You can bulk up a skinny but smart lineman, but you can't teach instincts, hands, or vision at the skill positions.

All told, I felt we had the chance to get two impact players out of the first two rounds and fear we didn't even net one.

I'll out myself as someone who voted B. We had a chance to get an impact player at 17 and the first pick in the second, and went safe on both. I understand we needed depth, but this team has absolutely zero playmakers (O or D) outside of Cribbs, and he only gets 5-6 plays per game. I like Robiskie, but his absolute ceiling is fairly low for a 2nd. I'd also be completely shocked if we get anything out of the other 2nd rounders for the next 3 years.

Mack I am on the fence about. No doubt he'll be starting day 1, but will he be a significant upgrade over Hadnot or someone else we could have gotten from cut downs? To develop interior o-linemen, aren't you supposed to draft 3-year-starting smart 275 lbs kids from Purdue and BC, and then place them on a strict "protein shake" and workout regimen for two years? You can bulk up a skinny but smart lineman, but you can't teach instincts, hands, or vision at the skill positions.

All told, I felt we had the chance to get two impact players out of the first two rounds and fear we didn't even net one.

The same can be said of maclin,green,smith and caldwell actually robiskie will most likely out produce maclin and crabtree by careers end..and when its all said and done Veikune will be an absolute rock in our defense will we be able to say the same about big name rey rey?

This makes me anxious to beat on the bungles just to see!

I obviously voted "A" hehehe ;)

Better yet....I was laughed at for screaming for maurice jones drew.... :lol:

and I was laughed at for suggesting Darren Sproles. They said "that midget"

so my point was, you may like different guys and would like to see them drafted, but in the end, you don't know until they get a chance to play.

For what it's worth, I feel your pain. I wanted Sintim real bad, but also wanted Robiskie and a center later. I think robiskie could be a star. He got saddled with a running QB that dropped his stock after a great Jr. year. He's been schooled since he was a ball boy with the Browns.

Here' what I do know. There are a shitload of "fans" around Cleveland throwing hissy fits cuz Rey wasn't taken. If he busts or ends up being a typical Bungle flunky, how many of those same people does anybody think will come clean and give Mancock their due?

Answer: Not one of them.

It is beyond annoying the overhype that Rey Rey has gotten not only given his past and Retardedness but the fact he wasn't even a need player considering he wouldn't have started this year.

He wasn't starting over Barton. Hell, I don't even know if this guy will figure out a playbook. He overpursues and can't cover, yet his name and pub has gotten him the other Ray treatment. Oh, and by the way the other Ray's team passed on him too.

One thing is sure, it's going to take two or three years to know if it was a mistake or not letting him slide, and that's for every team not just Mancock. I don't mind guys like Solon and others liking the player, that's their opinion but these moron talk radio types just wanted him cuz they knew his name. Now they are running around all pissed saying the draft sucked like dipshit fans do who don't have a clue.

Archived