THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns set a franchise record!

bbedward

Can you give your opinion on this past draft? I think they blew it by passing on Wentz, Bosa, Elliot and many others. They should have drafted some play makers with those picks and stayed at number 2. I thought they would select the best players like most successful teams. They draft the best player available.

Have you noticed how the defense ignores the tight end position all year. Witten, wide open! I can't see any smidgen or glimmer of hope for this mess. Kessler isn't bad but he hangs onto the ball and isn't a playmaker like Prescott.

Every week the Browns revitalize somebody's career. I'm sick of this. It's ugly and not watchable. What will be Hue's excuse after this debacle? We have to play better? Come on Hue! Tell us the truth! These guys suck!

Time will tell on the draft, but I am wondering about Corey Coleman. Basically invisible today, I thought he could make an impact vs their depleted secondary.

Can you give your opinion on this past draft? I think they blew it by passing on Wentz, Bosa, Elliot and many others. They should have drafted some play makers with those picks and stayed at number 2. I thought they would select the best players like most successful teams. They draft the best player available.

Have you noticed how the defense ignores the tight end position all year. Witten, wide open! I can't see any smidgen or glimmer of hope for this mess. Kessler isn't bad but he hangs onto the ball and isn't a playmaker like Prescott.

Every week the Browns revitalize somebody's career. I'm sick of this. It's ugly and not watchable. What will be Hue's excuse after this debacle? We have to play better? Come on Hue! Tell us the truth! These guys suck!

We don't have a team to put around Wentz. Plus Kessler is looking like a good pick.

Zeke is running behind the best line in football. We would have been idiotic to take a HB that high.

Bosa looks good, but would he have as much success in our scheme?

Plus, we have a big 1st Rd this year as a result.

Anyone that thought this team would be 8-8 or something is insane. This was the first real house cleaning of our roster in years. We have 19 rookies on the roster. We've at least looked competitive in games.

We'll have one or two high picks next draft to take elite defensive prospects. Hopefully that along with the rest of our off season moves the defense to average. Next year there should be a sizeable improvement

i'm sad about the loss, but not surprised. Sure, drafting Bosa, Wentz or Elliot would be great but as many others have already said, they would not have the success on this team that they have on their current teams. Browns have too many holes to fill to invest a high pick in one single person.

Next year's draft? They sure do seem hell-bent on getting that #1 overall, but my bet is they trade down to acquire more picks because there are still tons of holes on this team. One stud QB or one stud linebacker won't help at this point. Both lines need help, the secondary is terrible, the o-line play has improved since the start of the season but still give up too many sacks/QB pressures. Both sides of the ball lack depth. it's depressing to think about, it's like the 1999 expansion team again :(

i'm sad about the loss, but not surprised. Sure, drafting Bosa, Wentz or Elliot would be great but as many others have already said, they would not have the success on this team that they have on their current teams. Browns have too many holes to fill to invest a high pick in one single person.

Next year's draft? They sure do seem hell-bent on getting that #1 overall, but my bet is they trade down to acquire more picks because there are still tons of holes on this team. One stud QB or one stud linebacker won't help at this point. Both lines need help, the secondary is terrible, the o-line play has improved since the start of the season but still give up too many sacks/QB pressures. Both sides of the ball lack depth. it's depressing to think about, it's like the 1999 expansion team again :(

It's more than lacking depth- it's lacking quality starter material at damn near every position. I don't give a rat that there's a bunch of rookies on this team. Crap is crap, and there's a foul odor emanating from First Energy, and every Browns away game. Right now, this team is arguably worse than the 1999 edition. Today was a lesson to Sushi and DePo-repo how adding two impact players to a roster can make a difference. Instead of dumping every quality vet we had for a bunch of unproven rookies.

On our way to the second 0-16 season

So easy to win the eliminator

Ha- I started a trend there. :) Don't forget, we have three outliers that have to be accounted for. I can see a multiple player tie.

Surprised they haven't eked one out, but not that they are a losing team. They've also played better in a lot of the games - especially early - than I expected.

This is year one of a TOTAL rebuild from FO down - and we're only just over half way through.

What, exactly, did anyone realistically expect? Especially when the owner is committed to building through the draft and passing on FA.

Instant gratification isn't possible given those parameters.

Personally, I haven't made up my mind about the FO and coaching staff after only half a season.

I just don't understand all the people who screamed for all the firings, then expect a Super Bowl team the following year - from draft picks?!

Watching a game like today just reinforces the tenet that Defense wins football games - and the Browns don't have one yet.

So, if you're only going to draft, then you keep drafting defense, defense, defense, defense until you have one.

We don't have a team to put around Wentz. Plus Kessler is looking like a good pick.

HA!! you're full of shit. i watched every snap of the giants game yesterday and that kid is FRANCHISE period. have a team around him or not, who gives a fuck once you know you have him and can move on.....

people are tools, like our FO.

I don't believe they've quit. What I have a hard time believing is how clueless some of these guys in the defensive backfield seem to be.

Missed tackles, blown assignments are way too frequent. And yeah, lining up offsides is totally inexcusable.

I didn't think 0-16 was possible....shit it might happen.

Today was a lesson to Sushi and DePo-repo how adding two impact players to a roster can make a difference. Instead of dumping every quality vet we had for a bunch of unproven rookies.

I have absolutely zero faith that this FO is capable of learning anything from this season and fully expect them to once again trade out of all those first 4 picks that will be within the first 35 players or so.

This is like watching a train trying to start uphill on a track made of ice. It's gaining momentum as it spins it's wheels and it just goes one direction well. Downhill.

This is my thoughts on why they passed on a QB and traded down last year.

If they would've stayed at 2 and taken Wentz, the clock on their ( the front office and Hue) jobs would've already started.

Having passed on the QB they ( the front office and Hue) can tell Jimmy Haslem, we still don't have our QB

Now with this coming draft. They can say, "there is no "FRANCHISE" Qb to take at #1. So they can trade down again.

The analytics say, "we can't miss on ALL these picks" can we?

I hope this strategy works, because we are stuck with it for Atleast the next 2 years. IMO

... or they didn't like Wentz's value/prospects as a #2... possibly in part due to his late rise up boards.

Mistrust of late rising QBs has been discussed here before. IIRC... TCPO was one of first. And the recent history would bear that concern out. Tannehill? Was a rocket man coming out of A&M... and now he's at a crossroads in Miami. Bortles? Same story...

For those that have missed it Philly is 1-4 in their last 5 games. In that stretch Carson has thrown 4 TDs and 5 INTs. For the season Pro Football Reference's Advanced Passing metrics rank him below average in 6 of their 9 categories. His lowest rankings? TD% (87) and YPA (92)... where "100" is "average" for the league. Highest? INT% (107) and Comp% (105)...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WentCa00.htm

There's another rookie QB with more positive rankings... 5 of 9 above average. Lowest? Shocker.... it's Sack% (82) and TD% (86). Highest? INT% (125) and Comp% (118)... and his YPA is a nearly neutral 99...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KessCo00.htm

HA!! you're full of shit. i watched every snap of the giants game yesterday and that kid is FRANCHISE period. have a team around him or not...

Even watched his two, badly overthrown INTs?

The kid may yet be great... or at least damn good. And the regression he's shown since his 3-game, "hot start" can be explained in part by the injury/suspension losses of his 2 starting OTs. But clearly he has either cooled or opponents have caught up to him.

When you look at Philly's Play-by-Play vs. NYG you'd swear his full name was "C.Wentz-short-pass". Philly is simply not asking anything of him yet except to protect the ball and let his D win games. And with 8 fumbles (3 lost) in addition to his 5 INTs, he's not...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016110606/2016/REG9/eagles@giants#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

So let's not anoint CW just yet... nor the other rookie for that matter.

This is my thoughts on why they passed on a QB and traded down last year.

If they would've stayed at 2 and taken Wentz, the clock on their ( the front office and Hue) jobs would've already started.

Having passed on the QB they ( the front office and Hue) can tell Jimmy Haslem, we still don't have our QB

Now with this coming draft. They can say, "there is no "FRANCHISE" Qb to take at #1. So they can trade down again.

The analytics say, "we can't miss on ALL these picks" can we?

I hope this strategy works, because we are stuck with it for At least the next 2 years. IMO

Here's the problem, even with all the picks we had- at this point it looks like we have three decent starters, Coleman, Ogbah, Nassib. Jury out on Kessler and Drango. Remainder is cannon fodder, injured, or definitely not ready for prime time. Pursuing this model will take us around three more drafts to get competitive, by that time Joe Thomas will be on the verge of retirement. Remains to be seen if Drango can fill those shoes.

As I see it right now we need at least one or two starting OL, DL, 2 LBs, and an entire defensive backfield. That's not happening in just the 2017 draft. I just hope come next April, I don't hear... "the Cleveland Browns have traded the first overall pick for....."

Here's the problem, even with all the picks we had- at this point it looks like we have three decent starters, Coleman, Ogbah, Nassib. Jury out on Kessler and Drango. Remainder is cannon fodder, injured, or definitely not ready for prime time. Pursuing this model will take us around three more drafts to get competitive, by that time Joe Thomas will be on the verge of retirement. Remains to be seen if Drango can fill those shoes.

So potentially five starters? Sounds great... at least compared to past FOs...

As for the rest...

You can't say that, h. Sorry, but you can't, because unless you have been attending practices, then you have not seen enough of the "fodder" to make a judgement.

On a positive note three years.... this one plus two... seems about right.

So potentially five starters? Sounds great... at least compared to past FOs...

Trivia question.....browns currently have 6 starters, all drafted in succession(first 6 picks in a row) the same draft......what year were they picked?

:)

12th consecutive loss...

Rigged! I demand a recount!

.....oh wait it's true. :o

Too bad early on the BROWNS had a few legitimate shots at a win and would have erased that ugly 0-9 , 1-8 or 2-7 just has a better ring to it.

Archived