THE BROWNS BOARD

Drew Bennett Visiting

EERSandBROWNS

CLEVELAND -- Veteran wide receiver Drew Bennett, formerly of the Rams, will visit the Browns on Wednesday in hopes of signing with the team, a source close to the situation said.

Bennett (6-5, 196) was originallly signed as a free agent with the Titans out UCLA in 2001 and spent six seasons in Tennessee. He led the team with 46 catches in 2006 and a 16.0-yard average. In 2004, he tied an NFL record with eight TDs in a three-game span.

Bennett signed with the Rams as a free agent in 2007, but never panned out there. He caught 33 passes for 375 yards and 3 TDs in '07 and broke his leg in the 2008 opener, missing the rest of the season.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...nett_to_vi.html

So much for we are going to run the ball, either we will be pass happy, or BE could be on the move, I doubt it tough.

How about just getting teams to respect the pass so they can't load the box like last year. The game plan against the Browns was to take the run away and dare them to beat you with the pass. Then they doubled Edwards and we ended up with a few FGs.

Now they can put 3 out wide and teams are going to have to respect them. That, gives Lewis and Harrison some room to run.

John Taylor ranks Bennett as a "three star" free agent, about equal to Jerry Porter among available guys. Said he's be a candidate to start or be the third wide out, a great chain mover (like Joe J.).

Really, only four WRs matter with the others being specials and injury insurance... so Edwards, Robiskie, Bennett, and Massoquai would be "the big four." And I'd love it.

Bennett would be a good grab i hope we sign him...but if he wants to much rest assured mankok will pass....;)

Can you say a younger, cheaper version of JJ coming off an injury that's not as damaging as knee and staph issues?

The more the merrier, especially when it comes to vet presence. Remember last year we had guys like Kevvy Kasp in here yet when Stallworth went down we were left with nothing. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here and expect two rookie WR's to step in and play huge minutes. Robo will start alongside Braylons with Patten as slot. That leaves maybe Bennett as the fourth and Mass as the 5th and developmental guy. That would be if everything panned out leaving Glue Hands Hubbard cut and Steptoe walking the thin line. Plus, you still have Cribbs and even Leggett probably has a better chance at making the team than Hubs.

I would never understand why someone could be against this.

I wouldnt of minded picking up bennett before the draft it could of saved us a 2nd rounder which could have been spent on a player like Rey Mayaluga

You guys really need to get past Rey Rey....he wasn't going to be picked by ManKok, in the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd if they had one. The guy had too many flags and was passed on by everyone. There is a reason he was the 3rd LB taken from USC, not the 1st.

You guys really need to get past Rey Rey....he wasn't going to be picked by ManKok, in the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd if they had one. The guy had too many flags and was passed on by everyone. There is a reason he was the 3rd LB taken from USC, not the 1st.

i can't wait until we play the Bungles--i'm already brainstorming my "Kill Maualuga" posterboard.

wonder if Ali has a myspace.....

Archived