THE BROWNS BOARD

Regardless of Tuesday's Outcome We're Doomed

BaconHound

In a Congressional race in Central New York John Katko is running against Kim Myers. Kim Myers father founded Dick's Sporting Goods. The RNC is running ads about Kim Myers outsourcing jobs to China at the expense of local workers. Donald Trump has been outsourcing manufacturing jobs for years and has used foreign resources in building projects.

The rub of this is the population not recognizing the hypocrisy. Critical thinking has been replaced by name calling, moralization and scapegoating.

Trump isn't a manufacturer so you mean he hires companies to manufacture products overseas.

And why not? Impossible to compete here. He wrote about NAFTA being a disaster in the early 90s but he wasn't a politician that could change anything about it

Trump isn't a manufacturer so you mean he hires companies to manufacture products overseas.

And why not? Impossible to compete here. He wrote about NAFTA being a disaster in the early 90s but he wasn't a politician that could change anything about it

Neither is Kim Myers. Her family sold the clothing.

You were bitching about Republicans blasting a Democrat. I don't know what Hillary's position is as if it made any difference to a congressional or Senate campaign?

WSS

No. I was pointing out that the RNC is blasting a Democrat while supporting their presidential candidate who has done the very same thing. My point was the hypocrisy will be lost and most voters and that point is sad.

Ed are you suggesting Trump had no say in where his ties would be manufactured? You do know that NAFTA paved the way for rich whities like Trump to take their manufacturing overseas. If he thought it was such a disaster and bad for the U.S, why partake in it? Oh and another thing Ed.....making high end products like what Trump wants to make, the workforce overhead is less and less important. Do you see Ferrari moving their factories to Mexico anytime soon? No you don't, because Ferrari hand makes their cars and they want to keep that skillset in Italy. And for all that they charge and arm and a leg for their product. Understandable. It's also understandeable that Trump would make products overseas but then shut the piehole about other companies doing the same just so you can spew your completley insincere populist rhetoric. He's a classic do as i say not as i do cunt.

On the 6 pm news tonight showed world leaders and press around the world and what they are saying about both "candidates". What a mess they or we Americans have made of the presidential race.

I can't wait for the top of the ticket to be over.

But do vote for all the other races!

GOD BLESS AMERICA, still strong somehow.

Ed are you suggesting Trump had no say in where his ties would be manufactured? You do know that NAFTA paved the way for rich whities like Trump to take their manufacturing overseas. If he thought it was such a disaster and bad for the U.S, why partake in it? Oh and another thing Ed.....making high end products like what Trump wants to make, the workforce overhead is less and less important. Do you see Ferrari moving their factories to Mexico anytime soon? No you don't, because Ferrari hand makes their cars and they want to keep that skillset in Italy. And for all that they charge and arm and a leg for their product. Understandable. It's also understandeable that Trump would make products overseas but then shut the piehole about other companies doing the same just so you can spew your completley insincere populist rhetoric. He's a classic do as i say not as i do cunt.

Because you have to? Trump was openly against NAFTA before it was signed into law.

Actually I believe the argument is, it's not Trump's fault that these loopholes and tax codes exist. He was playing by the rules of the game and breaking no laws. But now he is going to hurt his, and is friends, bottom line by rewriting the tax code to help middle America. He is going to raise tariffs on imports, cutting down on his profits and when he is done with that he'll pull a rabbit out of his ass.

I have little faith that Clinton will get significant tax reform done when the Republican House won't play ball but convincing me that a guy who has played the system like a fiddle to make billions is the guy for the job is laughable. I'm surprised Trump didn't dig up the "Trickle Down Economic" theory many in here worshiped in the 80s. Don't worry everyone the 1% got our back, just don't watch The Big Short.

yes "dont watch THE BIG SHORT" it will keep you from learning how it all started anyways.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/01/12/the-big-short-falls-short-on-explaining-the-housing-collapse/#7ee022c2d73f

The Community Reinvestment Act of 1977

Signed by U.S. President Jimmy Carter, the act requires banks wishing to receive Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) insurance meet the financial needs of housing borrowers in all areas of the bank’s business charter–including low-income neighborhoods with a high chance for mortgage delinquency, where the loan is most likely to be subprime and unprofitable. Since banks commonly avoided granting loans for people in low-income areas in favor of the much more financially attractive higher-income ones, money was poured into the wealthy areas, leaving the impoverished ones even more impoverished.

gee... housing collapse caused by Clintons 1995 CRA revision, and not Wall Street greed? - (waiting for Blame Bush rhetoric in 3,2,1......)

CRA see a theme here guys?

No. I was pointing out that the RNC is blasting a Democrat while supporting their presidential candidate who has done the very same thing. My point was the hypocrisy will be lost and most voters and that point is sad.

I don't know that Hillary has a track record of higher tariffs or not. I do know that many political candidates say anything that they think the other side wants to hear and then renege after going into office. Obama for instance...

WSS

bcnhnd

to the op -

A. Trump ADMITS he has done it - can't compete otherwise. But he says it needs to be fixed. Your demowakic

candidate does NOT say it should be fixed.

There is no hypocrisy in that. none.

B. "regardless of outcome" that is so dumb it's worse than pitiful. Higgardly is anti-2nd Amendment, has flouted

laws over many/most of her years in the wh with billy, and like obaMao, has a history of being a closet power mongering

radical - with close soros and saul alinski connections.

Trump has his warts, sure, but it has nothing to do with corruption while being in our gov, nor breaking laws ....

libs just love to equate a number, say, 1,234,000 to 10, saying they are the same, because they are both numbers, if it

is politically expedient.

Archived