THE BROWNS BOARD

Election Day

bbedward

Looks like the browns board is back :)

Early thoughts:

1) The GOP is crushing it in Pinellas county Florida, where Obama won considerably in 2012 (+10000 votes as of right now)

2) It's raining in Michigan, which could reduce turnout and help Trump shatter the wall

3) Ohio seems closer than I expected, but likely still going Trump

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4) GOP was ahead of Dems in early voting in Colorado this morning. By a smaller margin than Romney in 2012 - but early voting in Colorado this year made up about 60% of the vote due to mail-in voting, big difference from the 20% or so in 2012.

5) Nate Plastic is suggesting the polls were wrong due to large # of undecideds compared to previous elections

Simply put, I don't see Trump getting MI, PA, or CO. With hilldawg by my count having a firm 223 right now, those three put her at 268. I think she gets Nevada as well easily, and thus gets the 274 she needs to win. I would be nothing short of baffled if it went down any other way.

Voting Issues: Some Trump Voters Reporting Ballots Switching To Clinton

...."However, others said they specifically wanted to vote for Republican Donald Trump only to see their vote switched before their eyes to Democrat Hillary Clinton.

“I went back, pressed Trump again. Three times I did this, so then I called one of the women that were working the polls over. And she said you must be doing it wrong. She did it three times and it defaulted to Hillary every time,” Bobbie Lee Hawranko said."

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/08/some-problems-reported-as-voters-head-to-polls/

Simply put, I don't see Trump getting MI, PA, or CO. With hilldawg by my count having a firm 223 right now, those three put her at 268. I think she gets Nevada as well easily, and thus gets the 274 she needs to win. I would be nothing short of baffled if it went down any other way.

Who cares what you see? People's votes will decide who wins those states.

Who cares what you see? People's votes will decide who wins those states.

OR the electoral congress who actually "votes".

Early on very few voting problems and those are corrected. And can't wait until this crap is OVER!

Here's a conspiracy theory. The actual polls show a much bigger Hillary lead but those books are being cooked to keep people watching the news programs? And/or to keep the Hillary vote from staying home? Not saying I think it's happening just a theory.

WSS

of for sure dude but don't forget the green crab people from mars that are working behind the scenes to ensure Hillary's president for 100 years. I mean c'mon seriously.

It's readily apparent Trump has a better chance than Romney did in 2012

I had a better chance than Romney. :lol:

And Romney is a nice guy.

EDIT..OK I was kidding, the 2012 results:

Electoral vote 332 206

States carried 26 + DC 24

Popular vote 65,915,795 60,933,504

Percentage 51.1% 47.2%

I here for the tears. They start rolling yet? No? I'll check back later.

Just about, Ohio closing in minutes. This is like a gigantic video game...we'll see who wins it all!

Senate, house, POTUS would have been interesting to handicap this one....where's London brown? They bet on everything over there.

NC and OH good for Trump early too

Over the past decades Ohio has lost population and electoral votes now 18, a prize but not the big prize it once was.

CAL + NY + FLA gets you nearly there. I'm going to have a cold one on ice and watch this thing all night. ;)

While we're waiting. ....

Some of the Senate races both parties spent $100,000,000 or more, the jobs pay:

Position Salary

Vice President $233,000

Delegates to the House of Representatives $174,000 plus expenses

Resident Commissioner from Puerto Rico $174,000

President pro tempore of the Senate $193,400

Majority leader and minority leader of the Senate $193,400

Majority leader and minority leader of the House of Representatives $193,400

Speaker of the House of Representatives $223,500

What a crock!

Archived