THE BROWNS BOARD

Man I'm Happy...

MLD Woody

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More educated is fine. We are talking about the term uneducated.

Again qualified for what? I never graduated because I was making money in the entertainment business, at least enough that it made my last couple quarters a pain in the ass. I always planned to go back and wrap it up but no reason to at this age.

WSS

And because of that you're lumped in with 'uneducated' which most people wrongly assume means 'stupid' and that's probably frustrating and why you're going over the semantics so much here I suppose.

And because of that you're lumped in with 'uneducated' which most people wrongly assume means 'stupid' and that's probably frustrating and why you're going over the semantics so much here I suppose.

I think the key word is wrongly. But we get your point.

A lesser man might use the term snotty little elitist cock sucker, but I'd never do that.

It's just too, you know, semantic.

:)

It's the liberal mindset - runaway arrogant emotional knee jerks have to be defended.

when they say "qualified", "educated", it is just self serving nonsense - they can't explain it.

Is this where I get to tell my story about the PHD from India raising hell with me on my interpretation

of complex math algorithms in our workplace?

It was in the field of weatherizing polymers - involving differentiation of light reflectance, which is different per color,

and other stuff....his dept, and he kept getting answers different with their slide rules....from what

my designed software gave him. All hell broke loose, he berated me in front of his team, other coworkers,

angrily because he kept getting the "right" answers, and I was a moron who dared to try to defend my

code I wrote -which gave him "wrong answers".

Well, we had a meeting with the VP of R&D, and he consulted with an expert.

I was absolutely correct. The "educated" PHD was wrong - he was so stunned he couldn't talk. he just sat there,

blinking his eyes, the VP gave me a nod and a quick grin, and I left. The PHD and he were in there a long time.

The complexity of the calcs was really complex - it did take me some hours of study to write the code

that would correctly produce the right results every time, regardless of variations of data.

He apologized to me the next day, in the afternoon, in front of his team, and he would take me to dinner- at an Indian diner...

Their food is good. The pink pinkled chicken was weird looking, but really good.

We ended up friends, he changed a lot - no more pompous, abrasive prima donna.... he ended up

being a funny, well-liked humble person. The caste system effects went away - per his own words -

after he did a lot of introspective study.

I only had an associate degree - I'd been asked to help bach degrees often in my career. The idea that

highly educated means more correct just doesn't work with me. In computers, I found out, by the time you

get a 4 yr degree, the first few years are so obsolete, it's worthless time, money and energy spent. So,

I didn't go for that.

In life, I've met so many brilliant people who never got a bach or advanced degree. Some had family matters,

and worked a trade to provide for them, then enlisted to have more money consistently. Some never had the money

to get by. In the case of a msgt I was on alert with one weekend... he said he grew up in the inner city,

and times were tough. None of his friends, and him, could ever find jobs. If there was a job, it didn't go

to black kids in the more white area of town.

He said Uncle Sam didn't care what color he was - and the first time he put on the uniform - and had a job,

he was so proud to be an American he felt ten feet tall. Had three kids, happily married, and always told them how he

worked and dedicated himself to not letting his inner city poverty define who he was, what he stood for, and how

Uncle Sam said he was just as important and worthy of a job regardless of the color of his or anybody else's skin.

sometimes a person just goes into a trade because their father was in the trade, had his own business, and he

enjoyed it so much - never went to college and got a big degree.

All this bragging over advanced education is sad. I knew professors in college that couldn't

understand simple stuff.

More educated is fine. We are talking about the term uneducated.

Again qualified for what? I never graduated because I was making money in the entertainment business, at least enough that it made my last couple quarters a pain in the ass. I always planned to go back and wrap it up but no reason to at this age.

And my education has nothing to do with my level of success nor does it have much to do with many peoples level of success.

WSS

You're a performer. Is it really fair to look at how a degree hasn't impacted your level of success and extrapolate that out?

Yes necessarily and I'm particularly disappointed that you, someone I consider pretty intelligent, Decided to take that tack to defend someone that I, well, don't find so intelligent.

Nowhere in the world of polling data is the word hip hop Thug even used. That's just something I used I never claimed it was accepted term. Illegals means just that. It's not simply a perjorative like uneducated it merely points out that someone is is the United States illegally be they from Mexico Ireland England or Canada.

I realize it makes you elitist feel better if you can pretend the Donald Trump voters are morons but it's just bullshit and you know it.

Yeah... elitist... that's me...

"Hip-hop thugs" was a term I read here the night I posted the rebuttle. "Thugs" is more common, but no less acceptable.

"Illegals" is considered a pejorative that those at which it is aimed. Terms aren't defined by the users, but rather by their targets.

And "non-college educated" was the term I commonly saw used, not uneducated. Apparently it was too late for me to flash to that the other nite.

Let me know when you want to start communicating again...

Tour...

"And "non-college educated" was the term I commonly saw used, not uneducated. Apparently it was too late for me to flash to that the other nite."

Exactly true but that's not what you are defending here. You are defending Woodys claim that 'uneducated' is the commonly accepted term used by pollling outfits to describe voters who have not completed a college degree. I said it was not true and offered him a chance to prove it befor I call him a liar and an asshole.

But somehow you decided to jump to his defense. I realize you're angry; if the election had turned out the other way maybe I would be too, who knows?

But if it helps to attack me at least read up a little bit and see exactly what you are attacking me for. That would help.

As far as hip-hop Thug being a pejorative? Of course it is. But I never claimed it was the commonly accepted turn in any poll. Just a term used to describe hip hop thugs.

Illegals means exactly what it means, sugar coating the term or using a euphemism is dishonest. Like calling a burglar an Uninvited Guest.

But if in order to keep the lines of communication open you expect me to share your grief over the election oh, sorry.

You can defend Obamacare and the Iran deal some other time. Just wanted to clarify this one.

WSS

Not angry... never was. Disappointed is much closer. Apprehensive works as well.

And non-college educated was the term I saw in polls... equating that with "uneducated" is wrong... using the term to whatever extent it was used is wrong... my using it was wrong... and the only defense I have is the time of the post.

Apparently that extends to my participation in the thread as a whole, since I take you at your word on your position vs. Woody... probably tired with a helping of assumptions on top...

But, no, not anger...

Archived