THE BROWNS BOARD

But the polls bro...so scientific....

Pumpkin Eater

the fun of watching the incredulous reactions of any / all media people on tv last night

Early on I did not have a good feeling about Trump winning because of the exit polls and the talking heads at Fox acting like Trump had already lost Florida before the real votes were counted due to the huge Hispanic/Latino turnout...it was common knowledge going into the election Trump had to win Florida to win the election......

I watched NBC and it it was a real struggle for them to call Florida - waiting like they did.

also a side piece showing a room full of undocumented people in Fla huddled around the tv

Overall the early voting - polling had a phony feel to me as well - what with all the enthusiasm Trump had

I love how HRC supporters crucified Nate Silver for saying Trump had a 30% chance

Looking at you huffpost

Not surprising....

Most interesting thing about the polls? That HRC under performed even Trump's internal polling... in other words his campaign went into the evening believing they were likely going to lose.

Most of the polling percentages were close. Where the polls went off rails were in their "likely voters" predictions. Where Trump came much closer to Romney than HRC did Obama in 2012.

Game set match...

Not sure what your definition of "toss up" is... or what your post was in response to for that matter.

NC was separated by 177,000 votes out of 4.5mm. Georgia 130,000 out of 4mm. Those are close, competitive results which is my definition of toss up.

Ohio was widely predicted for Trump albeit not by the margin he rolled up.

It doesn't matter Woody . Seems to me the consensus of every pore had Donald Trump losing by 4.

The last few days Democrats have been on MSNBC taking an early Victory lap.

WSS

This seems like an anomaly. if anything, a chance to rework the formula

Though many will take it as validation of their anti science / anti academic beliefs.

"they say Clinton would win, why should I believe them about the climate?"

Though many will take it as validation of their anti science / anti academic beliefs.

As I was partly paying attention to the news coverage today on MSNBC I heard a black woman panelis bemoan the fact that and this is almost a direct quote, as journalists I feel we didn't do enough. As journalist? Please.

WSS

One last poll comment...

There was one in 538's, national poll, data base that "got it right". The final Marist poll, an "A" rated poll put HRC up by one in their raw data, but their adjusted number was Trump +1.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

A click on the embedded Marist link takes you to the article associated with the poll's release. It opens with:

A majority of voters believe Hillary Clinton has done something illegal, according to a new McClatchy-Marist Poll days before the presidential election.

A total of 83 percent of likely voters believe that Clinton did something wrong – 51 percent saying she did something illegal and 32 percent saying she something unethical but not illegal. Just 14 percent said she’s done nothing wrong.

By comparison, 79 percent think Donald Trump did something wrong, though not nearly as many think he did something illegal. Just 26 percent think he’s done something illegal, while 53 percent think he’s dome something unethical but not illegal. Just 17 percent think he’s done nothing wrong.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article112635048.html

I'm sure the election will be dissected 20 ways to Sunday over the coming weeks, but at a glance this could be as close to a rationale I've heard.

The late Comey letter impact? I'll leave that for others to parse... but if you dig into Marist's preceding Sept. poll (see page 14) "Soft Dems" were far more favorable towards HRC than Soft Repubs were toward Trump.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article103597232.ece/BINARY/The%20full%20McClatchy-Marist%20poll

Scary dark people......

The real America polls or the liberal cuck polls?

Ha- they didn't do enough polling in Hicksville USA, Farmer City, Illinois, or Mount Olive, North Carolina. & don't forget without that real America, you'd need your own victory garden out back, as well as a few chickens to survive.

I was jumping back and forth between Fox and the Communist News Network, and it was almost comical (at least if you were pulling for Trump). It was like- how can this be happening? As state after state went red. They had all but given HRC the presidency as a done deal last week. Waited for 30-60 minutes to call a state for Trump after every other news outlet had. Around what was it 2:30 or so? She's not giving up- there's still a chance. Then- oh, HRC just called Trump to concede- our bad.

Well she won the popular vote, and there were a lot of very tight states. It doesn't take a ton of votes to swing a ton of electoral college votes, in the grand scheme of things.

Granted- but it's not the first time someone has won the popular vote, and lost the election. I'm sure the crybabies are going to push for getting rid of the electoral college after this one.

I'd be in favor of breaking up California's 55 votes. Hillary won Cali and NY- those 2 states put you 31% on your way to 270.

Granted- but it's not the first time someone has won the popular vote, and lost the election. I'm sure the crybabies are going to push for getting rid of the electoral college after this one.

Even though they've been saying the Democrats have a ridiculous advantage with the electoral map due to shifting demographics.

Without the electoral college honestly California might as well be the only state that votes for the president - I'm up for reform but there has to be some kind of system to represent the rest of America too (like the electoral college)

Unlike 2000 though, Trump won the electoral college in a landslide.

I'd be in favor of breaking up California's 55 votes. Hillary won Cali and NY- those 2 states put you 31% on your way to 270.

Well why should a vote in a big city essentially count for less?

It is also funny that the founding fathers created the electoral college to basically prevent this exact type of thing from happening.

wrong.

if it was by popular vote alone - the states with comparatively small populations

would be insignificant in every presidential election. Why should THEIR vote

be counted for nothing?

http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/07/why-the-founders-created-the-electoral-college/

Archived