THE BROWNS BOARD

30. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama (JR):

Solon16

Guest Aloysius

There's a lot to like about McClain: his size, athleticism, experience playing inside in a 3-4 defense, even his ability to rush off the edge.

That said, I'm not sure he's all that strong a tackler. He doesn't always wrap up, instead going with the Maualuga shoulder check. And even when he does, he too often has his tackles broken or gets dragged 2-3 yards.

It's something I'm hoping to see him improve upon next year.

between Taylor Mays, Safety from Tenn and Rolando....Rolando is my choice to start....OK lets get it all out of the way....he's not a fit in a 3-4, he's not smart enough, he's only a two-down linebacker, he has stiff hips, he isn't worth it at the spot we pick, what else???? bad character?

I'd like Rolando as my MIddle linebacker whatever the scheme and on any day! :)

Sounds alot like another player we passed on in the first AND second round this year.............

Since we passed on the previous player, we will most likely pass on this guy, Although I do like him. Plus, Veikune is gonna be our new ILB eventually

Guest Aloysius

They're very different players. McClain plays with more discipline and, as far as I know, doesn't have any alcohol issues.

Archived