THE BROWNS BOARD

A prayer and a few expectations for President Elect Trump from a black Democrat

marcus

I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

I pray that President Elect Trump seeks guidance and wisdom from God. I pray that with God's wisdom and guidance he makes decisions that helps him govern this diverse and wonderful country. I pray that he is led to heal and bridge the gap of a great racial divide. Most of all I pray that Mr. Trump stays in good health and has a safe presidency.

While I did not vote for him the veteran in me compels me to back him as our Commander in Chief. I simply want him to represent this great nation well. When he visits another country I expect him not to make a fool of us all back home. When he hosts leaders from other nations I expect him to do so in a fashion that paints a picture of a United States that is tolerant and respectful of that visiting nation's customs and culture. When he makes a mistake I expect him to be accountable and put forth the best effort to correct said error. I think these are more than reasonable expectations. God Bless President Trump and God Bless the United States of America.

Well said, my feelings exactly. The time acting like a xenophobic racist buffoon are over. You represent every one of us President Trump- time to act presidential.

Five star post (out of five, of course). It couldn't have been written better. I'm with you 100%. I wonder how many times

on Veterans day upcoming, this sentiment will come up around the country, when veterans go out for free lunches

and dinners.

Archived