THE BROWNS BOARD

Remembering the riots across the country when Obama won in 08 and 12

OldBrownsFan

BTW logic - you seen this 'ape in heels' business? It's from WV, mrs logic is black iirc, various other things connected to you probably...is it getting much attention over there? Or people be like 'haha, damn straight! wait, what's the problem?'

People here are losing their shit over it. Clay County is not far from where I live. I have to go there for work pretty often. The locals are definitely not in favor of having their mayor and someone over a housing org in Clay talk like that. The dummy who got canned form the housing org was trying to say that people saying mean things to her was a "hate crime".

WV is pretty conservative but they generally aren't on board with overt racism.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus, I agree with you if you believe at the division between races is not a positive thing. Among the reasons in my opinion, are number 1 whenever you see an African American political commentator his number one focus seems to be race. If you guys allow the media to present Reverends Jackson, Sharpton and Wright to be your political spokesmen and men like Tavis Smiley and Van Jones your political fronts how do you expect the other side to react? David Duke has never been taken seriously as a representative of white people. As a matter of fact most white people think the Ku Klux Klan is a bunch of morons.

I can't think of any respected White journalist or spokesperson whose main focus is on the furthering of the white race, can you?

If black people vote 95% Democrat how does that make you look? The pundits complain if 55% if a white group votes Republican.

If a black criminal is killed by a white person or police officer the streets wind Up in Flames.

People like Colin Kaepernick go out of their way to insult the flag of the United States because they don't like the way race relations are going. Many of us don't butt I would think that he and other members of your community should be more outraged buy the black on black crime and the insane amount of black-on-black murders.

But let me ask you a question, sir, you mentioned Donald Trump hasn't done anything to mend race relations. In your opinion who has? Furthermore what do you think could be done to ease the stress between whites and blacks? If it was up to you.

WSS

I'll address your obviously well thought out post in a few segments since you covered a lot of ground. First Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and others of that ilk don't represent me. I've never asked them to and never will.

To me, voting along solely political lines has never seemed like the intelligent thing to do. Enter my comment about the Republican Party and their choice of candidates. I look at the issues and base my decision on who best addressed them. Since I've been old enough to vote that candidate has historically fallen on Democrat side of things (this has been my particular voting method).

To address the police killings. I am a ten year police veteran and instructor. I see most use of lethal force incidents a tragedy but often the necessary way of things. The minority of them are unjustified but those are the ones that get the most media coverage and in the most disappointing way spark rioting and violent protests. I cling to a quote from President John F. Kennedy that I pass on to my students. It is "Observance of the law is the safeguard of liberty. Disregard of the law is the surest road to tyranny."

As far as the addressing the division not caused but pointed out by this election. It's time for all of us to face our issues as Americans. While slavery was abolished in 1864, the suffering of black people continued well into the next century and in some ways beyond. This not simply something a certain part of society just simply "gets over". There must be a serious effort made to curtail racial bias and discrimination.

At the same time, we as black people must examine how we treat each other as well as other races as we are not guiltless of racism. Much like whites, hispanics, asians, and native Americans do as well. As I've commented before, how we treat each other collectively (race aside) is a disgrace.

I reiterate that while I did not vote for President-Elect Trump, I pray for his good health and safety. As well as God imparting wisdom and discernment unto him so that he may govern this nation effectively. With all of this said I simply pointed out a challenge he has in front of him. A challenge that he himself did a lot to create.

Just saw this I'm in the car outside Starbucks but just wanted to let you know that my tone was in no means accusatory. Just pointing out the Jessie and Al are the media go to guys whatever race relations are mentioned. Unfortunate I know they don't speak for all of you guys.

I will read this more thoroughly when I get back home.

WSS

We all know Cal doesn't care about the Constitution.

Take your magna Carta and shove it

The Prevention of Crime Act, 1953, led to police forces advising people who had firearm certificates for arms they kept for defence, that ‘defence’ was no longer a good reason for possessing a firearm on certificate. Some people changed their good reason—target practice or pest control; others handed their guns in; and some took them off ticket and kept them for defence. The seismic change in government policy—at a time when Winston Churchill was Prime Minister—seems to have come about in reaction to the nuclear bomb.
Following the murder of three London policemen in 1966 by Harry Roberts (just recently released from prison), Home Secretary Roy Jenkins rushed in shot gun certificates, after which the Firearms Act, 1968, was passed as an Act of consolidation. The Home Office commissioned (Sir) John McKay to report on firearms matters. McKay recommended a crackdown on the sporting public and what they used, and most of his recommendations eventually became the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988, barring most ‘military’–type weapons from civilian sport.
We note at this point that all the restrictions from 1920 onwards relate to firearms used for sporting purposes, and the earlier ‘restrictions’ were all taxes.
The American Revolution against British Gun Control - Dave Kopel
www.davekopel.org/.../american-revolution-against-british-gun-control....

Yet in practice, that was precisely what the British were attempting. First, by disarming the Americans, the British were attempting to make the practical exercise ...

The British Banned Guns On Our Founding Fathers & It Brought About ...
freedomoutpost.com/the-british-banned-guns-on-our-fathers-it-brought-...
Jan 22, 2013 - American colonists believed that if the British were going to use force ... First, by disarming the Americans, the British were attempting to make ...
Tenth Amendment Center | How the British Gun Control Program ...
tenthamendmentcenter.com › History › American Revolution
Aug 12, 2015 - Not surprisingly, British officials in England were eager to see outright ... of having recourse to the sword, that of disarming the Inhabitants of the ...

so, the gun control turmoil with the Brits, was because of having no "shall not be infringed..." 2nd Amendment

declaration of rights to own guns.

That was my point in the beginning. The Magna Carta contains no such provisions. That is why

it was so important for the Founding Fathers to put that in there, and make it absolute.

The public being armed is the only defense against local tyranny.

Help! Send Guns - Twin Butte Bunch
www.twinbuttebunch.org/index.php?fuseaction=misc.sendguns
British Ad asking the Americans to send guns to help defend British homes. ... And the best part of the plan was this: the British people were, for the most part, ...
American Rifleman | Throwback Thursday: Send A Gun to Defend a ...
https://www. americanrifleman.org/.../throwback-thursday-send-a-gun-to-...

May 28, 2015 - Due to policies of civilian disarmament, the British people were stripped of their guns by their own government policies, arms needed to defend ...

NRA-ILA | Lost Battles, Lost Rights By David Kopel
Jul 16, 1999 - So let's look carefully at how British gun owners lost their rights and ..... The next month, the Prime Minister was asking which parts of the army would remain loyal. .... such as The American Rifleman begged Americans to "Send A Gun to ... Guns that had been donated by American civilians were collected ...

I went and picked up a date to go out to a movie and dinner one night at Kent. It was a year after the famous May 4th incident, 1971.

Driving back through the streets of downtown Kent, a giant rally converged into the street, trapping a lot of traffic.

Our cars were hammered on, rocked til you thought they were going to tip over, beat with beer cans etc, people

were jumping up and down on our cars, some things on fire were thrown against the buildings,

until we all were blowing our horns and the car in front of me, in the front, revved up his GTO and popped

the clutch and lurched forward, the moron protesters scattered, and we all took off. He lurched forward because

they had opened his car door wide open. WTF did WE do to have to be "inconvenienced", Chris?

It's okay as long as they are protesting according to YOUR political biases?

but Chris would have liked them - because they didn't "hurt anybody and inconvience is fine by him"

Omg everybody be quiet its cool never happened story time!!!

Continue old wise one....tell us hear moar of things that never happened. ?

The blocking the highways thing always pissed me off. I don't think the protesters realize that they are only alienating people who are on the fence.

Some don't, but most do. Ran into this in the 70's. Sadly it's apparently no different today...

I'm pretty sure the constitution disagrees with that, but then what do I know, I'm only british after all.

If it's not in the 2nd Amendment, it does not exist.

You gentlemen are alright in my book as well.

no, dangit, Marcus does make a LOT of sense (altough I disagree about him not voting for Trump...)...

and because he makes a lot of sense, I joked that he doesn't fit in. ^_^

Archived