THE BROWNS BOARD

Your Three Stars of the Game

Zombo

I'm going to go with:

1. Britton Colquitt ... Boomed some nice kicks under heavy pressure.

2. Jamie Collins ... Making big plays in the first half.

3. Seth Devulva ... Did not drop an easy touchdown catch.

Honorable Mention: Joe Haden with a nice end zone pick and pass defenses before the whole secondary played like our secondary.

Z

I'm going to go with:

Honorable Mention: Joe Haden with a nice end zone pick and pass defenses before the whole secondary played like our secondary.

Z

tumblr_nyaodkX09m1qj4315o1_500.gif

Who is number 39 on defense? He played like a deer caught in the headlights! Ha ha ha He didn't look like he knew what team he was on! Ha ha ha

I believe that would be Ed Reynolds...

I'm going to go with:

Z

Wait....did you just name our punter as a star of the game?.....

I thought great punters were worthless and only good for attracting 4th round picks......

Smh.....and to think we coulda had one who was our best player EVERY game....hahahahahahaha

Wait....did you just name our punter as a star of the game?.....

I thought great punters were worthless and only good for attracting 4th round picks......

Smh.....and to think we coulda had one who was our best player EVERY game....hahahahahahaha

What you do is real simple:

If you've got a good punter, you trade him for a 4th round pick and pick up another good punter to replace him.

It was brilliant, and you need to come to terms with that.

Z

Im blinded by the brilliance ......its staggering......

Hey....if we're lucky(very lucky)..that pick could be the next Ryan Pontbriand or Jordan Cameron......

It's all currency. To pin previous drafts on the guys drafting now is nonsensical.

It is exciting to have all this draft currency, let's see what they do with it.

Zombo

Where was DeVaseline the rest of the game though? Was he on the field? Did we target him? Was he ever open again but not seen?

Only one target per Yahoo Fantasy.

It is exciting to have all this draft currency, let's see what they do with it.

Agree... feels like I'll have to start tape sessions early this year...

Like the man said on TV, having Haden back strong slid every one back a notch, covering players they may belong on the same field with.

Taylor was missed on Thurs. He and Joe have looked good together.

What is the story with Reynolds? I know we picked him up from Philly. Read he'd had maybe 40 snaps prior. Why was he even out there.

Like the man said on TV, having Haden back strong slid every one back a notch, covering players they may belong on the same field with.

Taylor was missed on Thurs. He and Joe have looked good together.

What is the story with Reynolds? I know we picked him up from Philly. Read he'd had maybe 40 snaps prior. Why was he even out there.

From Pluto:

. The Browns started Ed Reynolds at safety instead of Tracy Howard. Then again, Howard is a cornerback who moved to safety when Jordan Poyer was injured with a lacerated kidney. Rookie Derrick Kindred had been playing earlier in the season, but the safety seems to have fallen out of favor. So it was Reynolds and Ibraheim Campbell starting at safety.

10. Reynolds had played only 30 defensive snaps all season before Thursday. He had been with Eagles, and the Browns picked him up this season after he was cut. The Browns are looking for anyone who can play safety. This group of safeties had fewer breakdowns in coverage than the guys who played the previous two weeks. So Reynolds will probably see more action.

Reynolds looked like a bad safety. Which is an upgrade from Howard who looked like a horse that had been spooked, and tackled about as well; and an upgrade from Kindred who looked like a sledgehammer trying to cut down a tree - probably useful elsewhere, but really not going to get that job done.

Agree regarding haden sliding everyone down a notch. Disagree that Taylor is the answer across from him.

Agree regarding haden sliding everyone down a notch. Disagree that Taylor is the answer across from him.

Certainly not the long-term answer... Tramon is 33 after all... but he is an adequate #2 placeholder who is only under contract thru 2017.

Tad pricey at $7.5mm next year? Perhaps, but we have plenty of cap room and he buys us the luxury of weighing class of 2017 CB talent vs. 2018 CB talent and potentially sifting through the class of 2017 later in that upcoming draft.

Also allows us to focus on safeties in 2017 in the "middle out" portion of the classic, front-to-back-and-middle-out approach to building a Defense.

Archived