THE BROWNS BOARD

Absolutely Effing Furious

gftChris

Now I'll start by saying I'm not going to call for Jackson ad his staff to get fired after just one year. Assuming *some* progress next year, I won't call for them to be fired in 2018 either. But...

What, the actual fuck, was that?! We're up at half time, in a close game where we've held our opponents to a couple of field goals, generated a turnover (that getting spotted at the 1 is fucking Retarded, btw, hey great play, here's your reward, you're fucked), and we're looking for "a spark"?! Are you fucking kidding me?!! Way to break your young QB's confidence coach. "Hey Cody, I know you're being pretty accurate, making decent decisions, protecting the ball, scored a touchdown and all that, but I need a spark. So, I'm turning to the 53-year-old perennial loser because everyone keeps saying he has a big arm."

Well, that turned out well. McCown has shown already this season that while he's not afraid to go big down field, he really, really shouldn't because he's inaccurate. And guess what? His drives today:

INT

Three and out with a fumble

INT

Strip sack

Three-and-out.

How's that for your spark? Because it sure as fuck sparked the ravens in to life! What are we hoping to achieve here? The team was actually playing *OK* against the ravens, in Baltimore, slightly outmatched but keeping pace. Then we decide to hand the game and the ball on a silver platter, shatter the confidence in the rookie QB, disillusion the rest of the team, and generally fuck things up royally.

If we're tanking - bad strategy but sure - then just let the kid play. We're probably going to lose anyway, we're not a very good football team (spoiler alert).

And that's before we get in to the timeout before the first fucking play of the entire game. Seriously. How long do you have to prepare for that play? I know, it's a short week, we only had 4 days to figure out which 11 players should be on the field, it's tough. It's really hard for guys to count to 11, I know this because by and large football players are fucking stupid.

Before you get Josh McCown just standing watching his strip sack like "hey, something's not right there, I'm pretty sure the ball should be going through the air now, the defender isn't supposed to get the ball here, it should be 40 yards downfield"

As I said, I'm keeping coach for at least two seasons, probably three. But fuck, he doesn't make it easy to be confident in that decision.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that we're getting our asses handed to us every game. We aren't even competing

We were though. For the first half (yet again) we were completely in the game, and went in with a half time lead (yet again). We held them to a couple of field goals, got a big sack to push them out of field goal range etc. but then it all went to shit in the second half (yet again).

In the FIRST HALF, we are. Then the opposition gives up on their game plan, and attacks the secondary,

and it's over.

And they go all out to run over the oline, and with good front sevens, they can.

It's "well, that isn't working, so let's just do what everybody else does, start throwing

the ball and making them look silly. haha"

For the first time I'm really worried about the coaching staff. It's more than just lack of talent right now, last night was pathetic

The last two games I went from "we're just overmatched" to "wtf is our coaching staff doing"?

Z

I was wondering what happened to Kessler.

(I was switching back and forth between the "game" and 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Fucking amazing that a 45 year-old movie that I've literally seen hundreds of times is more entertaining

than a Browns game.)

After seeing the interception where Suggs tipped Graybeards arm, I was all in on Gene Wilder and Charlie.

We were though. For the first half (yet again) we were completely in the game, and went in with a half time lead (yet again). We held them to a couple of field goals, got a big sack to push them out of field goal range etc. but then it all went to shit in the second half (yet again).

In the first half I was looking like a genious. In the second half I looked like a dumbass.

This was only the second game I've gotten to watch this year. The other was the Miami game when Parkey missed the field goals that would have given us a win. I guess it's been all downhill from there.

Last night I made Popcorn and had a really good feeling we would give them a good game. I was excited to see Kessler, Coleman and Pryor.

The first quarter looked good and here I was thinking maybe a win. Jamey Collins was impressive. Boddy-Calhoun had an interception. Seth Devalve wide open for a TD.

Halftime

BOOM? Hue channels his inner Sad Sack and deflates the whole team by inserting McClown! Second pass attemp interception! Sacks for HUGE losses, batted down balls. McCown was side-arming all night!

The camera pans the Browns sideline and OMG they look as stunned as we were!

National Television

Al Michaels and Collinsworth trying to justify the change at QB but can't. Afterwards on NFL Network they say same thing.

Hue sticks by his decision at post game Presser.

I don't trust Jackson one bit anymore. Anyone with a minimum of football knowledge can realize what he did was wrong! Was he testing Kessler or punishing him for being a rookie!

Kessler passer rating last night 95+ McClown 19.1

Hue should be on the hot seat for destroying a young man's confidence! And if you disagree then ask yourself how many games Dak Prescott was replaced? Or Carson Wentz? Those organizations are sticking by their rookies!

Hue is in over his head and we should get rid of him because he's the problem!

Good quality post. Hue screwed up. I think he realizes that. Hope he learns from it. Everyone in this operation is learning the job on the job. The men that will stay are the ones that improve from it.

I don't like that we're getting our asses handed to us every game. We aren't even competing

LOL, not every game- looking at the schedule only 6 blowouts in 10 games. :)

I knew we didn't need Ghoolie. It is much more genuine when it comes from a Browns fan.

Feelin' your pain, Bro, feelin' your pain.

Z

Z, I don't know if I can stand watching this crap much longer. At least Sunday is free for a long therapeutic bike ride.

The last two games I went from "we're just overmatched" to "wtf is our coaching staff doing"?

Z

It's not just the last two games, there have been head scratchers all season long. Hue's "Coup de Grace" will be if he brings Griffin back.

This was only the second game I've gotten to watch this year. The other was the Miami game when Parkey (make that Parkay, you know- the margarine that melts in Florida heat) missed the field goals that would have given us a win. I guess it's been all downhill from there. (oh, he boinked another one that was the beginning of the end too)

Last night I made Popcorn and had a really good feeling we would give them a good game. I was excited to see Kessler, Coleman and Pryor.

The first quarter looked good and here I was thinking maybe a win. Jamey Collins was impressive. Boddy-Calhoun had an interception. Seth Devalve wide open for a TD.

Halftime

BOOM Hue channels his inner Sad Sack and deflates the whole team by inserting McClown! Second pass attemp interception! Sacks for HUGE losses, batted down balls. McCown was side-arming all night!

The camera pans the Browns sideline and OMG they look as stunned as we were!

National Television

Al Michaels and Collinsworth trying to justify the change at QB but can't. Afterwards on NFL Network they say same thing.

Hue sticks by his decision at post game Presser.

I don't trust Jackson one bit anymore. Anyone with a minimum of football knowledge can realize what he did was wrong! Was he testing Kessler or punishing him for being a rookie!

Kessler passer rating last night 95+ McClown 19.1

Hue should be on the hot seat for destroying a young man's confidence! And if you disagree then ask yourself how many games Dak Prescott was replaced? Or Carson Wentz? Those organizations are sticking by their rookies!

Hue is in over his head and we should get rid of him because he's the problem!

I was never confident pregame, but they way we played in the first half I was starting to get my hopes up. Silly me, old Hueless the Clueless squashed that pretty quickly.

I was never confident pregame, but they way we played in the first half I was starting to get my hopes up. Silly me, old Hueless the Clueless squashed that pretty quickly.

Well, from now on, the bar is set pretty low. We have to improve. It can only get better from here on.

Would this browns team be able to beat the 2008 lions?

I'd KILL for a QB like stafford.

Hue looked too cocky at his presser though.

pretty much said that he made the decision to pull cody and it shouldn't be questioned. also said cody wasn't the browns starting QB.....

looks like Hue is desperate for a win or two, so instead of developing the rookie QB, he's scrambling for a couple wins.

It's sad really....

And he said getting benched wouldn't hurt codys confidence at all..... How can he be so sure of that? Basically hue said he was playing good enough for us to win and that josh could get us to win. Using McCown at this point is pointless. Have some balls, stick with Kessler.

Well, from now on, the bar is set pretty low. We have to improve. It can only get better from here on.

Would this browns team be able to beat the 2008 lions?

I'd KILL for a QB like stafford.

Right now I have my doubts this team could beat the '08 Lions. But Stafford was the consolation prize in the next draft.

Maybe this Cleveland kid will be our consolation prize like Bernie, wants to play for the Browns. http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/545238/mitch-trubisky

PS- when Hue looks at the Ravens tape and thinks McClown still gives him the best chance to win, he's full of shit, and I'll lose any respect for him as a coach. The guy's main characteristics are, a big inaccurate arm and about as much pocket presence as a pinata. 63 qbr (for the season) says it all, the guy is washed up with a capital W. The only difference between 2-14 and 0-16 at this point Hue is it may screw us out of the first overall pick.

Right now I have my doubts this team could beat the '08 Lions. But Stafford was the consolation prize in the next draft.

Maybe this Cleveland kid will be our consolation prize like Bernie, wants to play for the Browns. http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/545238/mitch-trubisky

PS- when Hue looks at the Ravens tape and thinks McClown still gives him the best chance to win, he's full of shit, and I'll lose any respect for him as a coach. The guy's main characteristics are, a big inaccurate arm and about as much pocket presence as a pinata. 63 qbr (for the season) says it all, the guy is washed up with a capital W. The only difference between 2-14 and 0-16 at this point Hue is it may screw us out of the first overall pick.

IF this FO and hue both fuck up the 1st pick next year and trade down or draft a bum, i'll never forgive them.....

So since Hue pulled the plug on the rookie qb for who knows why, I bet dollars to doughnuts he will leave the qb in the game the next time when we will be down 34-0 at the half. If he is trying to win games.......................I just don't see it. What I see is him making sure we lose.

Capture_zpsulnqnutj.png

Whoopsies, I ain't a coach, but was that Drango or turnstile Erving that totally blew that assignment? With a Haha to Ghoolie looks like Joe has his guy under total control.

Gotta agree with this. First pick is meaningless. We can blow it with any top 6 pick we get just as easily as the number one overall. Kessler needs to play.

Unless Hue has already decided that he was wrong about Kessler and is already looking through the 2017 draft for his QB of the future. But if he hasn't then that makes his decision to pull Th. absolutely ridiculous.

Archived