THE BROWNS BOARD

Absolutely Effing Furious

gftChris

Goff to start this weekend. You were far from the only guy in that camp, so you won't be alone watching how he does.

Thanks... now I'll be checking over my shoulder the entire game... :ph34r:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suggesting Romo is a joke right?

2 or 3 years ago I would've jumped at the chance. He's still better than anything we currently have, I just don't see him coming here since we are in a rebuilding stage.

I'd see him going to Denver, Houston or Chicago in the offseason and making each of those teams instantly better.

Z, Zoey may have short circuits under her short skirts. Jerra drafted Homo a OL & still got broke like a glass slipper..Now Dak & Zeke rake up the royalties in Jerry rilla. Yep, surely just the way Jones drew it up after getting Jaylon Smith also..We could never be so LUCKY>> Have you listened to some of these Boys Fans? Before Dak took over for Romo, remember Josh McCown was a Jerra Backup plan before Dak hit the field..Still think Seattle derails these boyzz

If we give Dallas any kind of first round pick for Romo i'm going to shit myself then promptly stop watching football. God help those fgts in Berea if they pull something like that. I mean that's all we need. I mean if they really want Rg fine, do 1 to 1 trade...glass cannon for glass cannon. But no draft picks

I feel bad for players who get hurt like Romo did, and especially bad for him because I think he's a class guy. Yes he's beyond wealthy, and yes his wife is super hot (hehehe), but the guy is a competitor and he has to sit and watch the best team he's been a part of on the sideline. Dak was thrust into the perfect situation, and boy did he respond. Better than just about anyone could have predicted, too. I have literally been in awe of what he has accomplished, and as much as I don't like the Cowboys as a team, I have to say they are a real joy to watch.

Romo will get his chance to play again, and I hope it works out for him. He'll go to a team like the Broncos or the Jets, and he'll probably play well for them. Hopefully he avoids further injury and he gets to compete for a few more years.

Obviously a high paid, injury-riddled, old QB doesn't fit into our "analytics" approach, but I'd take Tony Romo on my team any day of the week.

That reminds me...who are the projected free agent QB's again for 2017? One of you guys posted a cool link that gave this information...I'll have to go find it. Cutler and Romo aren't set to be free agents, but both could be on the market or traded before the beginning of next season. I think it's safe to say that the Bears will probably move on, and Dallas can't keep a $15 million backup QB, can they?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/quarterback/

Biggest names:

Kirk Cousins

Ryan Fitzpatrick

???

Jay Cutler's getting cut.

Whole lotta junk on that list. Cousins is going nowhere, and should the Cowboys decide to shop Romo, he doesn't fit our build for the future plans.

Cutler and Romo are too old for our metrics, Cousins will stay in Washington. I think we dip into the draft again, keep bringing along Kessler and RG3 may get another audition.

Don't kill the messenger on that last part.

Z

Yep, I get the feeling our 2017 QB is already on the roster.

Starter? Yes, very likely... but not all our 2017 QB's are on the current roster.

And don't worry, Z. It's in the stars... and rightfully so. We have to know beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yeah. There's a lot going on & a lot will change in the area around the Hall of Fame. As usual, change brings excitement AND fear among locals. It will be interesting to see things take shape.

Bill, if you decide to come up at any time, give me a call.

Mike

Since Pro Football Focus says we have two top ten tackles we should definitely sign Romo.

Put him behind a good line for a change.

Z

Wait, did this bit of sarcasm go unnoticed?

Yeah. There's a lot going on & a lot will change in the area around the Hall of Fame. As usual, change brings excitement AND fear among locals. It will be interesting to see things take shape.

Bill, if you decide to come up at any time, give me a call.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Likely won't be next season. We have a big trip planned for two weeks driving around Spain in Oct. with her sister (and husband) plus my older brother (and wife). Doubt my money manager will release the funds for a football game in Ohio. She keeps all the books so I can't complain. However possibly that 2019 season when the project is completed. Keep me posted on when you return to San Antonio.

Archived