THE BROWNS BOARD

Get ready to have your mind blown...

Tour2ma

John Kosko @PFF_JohnKosko Nov 10

Big deal made about missed tackles for #DawgPoundNFL_Season_2016_CLE.png. Not as bad as it seems: 11.9% MT rate, 13th best in NFL.

Follow up tweet:

If it's broken down (by position our Safeties) ... rate: 5th worst at 17.4% MT rate.

Well.... looks like a draft target is confirmed and a major, general bitch is unfounded... or at least minimized.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.... looks like a draft target is confirmed and a major, general bitch is unfounded... or at least minimized.

Whew!!.....thank god it was just my imagination.....

And, here I thought all those missed tackles were real......time for new glasses.....;)

Whew!!.....thank god it was just my imagination.....

And, here I thought all those missed tackles were real......time for new glasses..... ;)

I hear ya... I don't know if our ranking says more about the general state of the NFL's "product quality" or us.

And if we are talking DBs... that King kid for Iowa has always impressed me.

Mind Blown.

Actually it has seemed more "out of position" than missed tackles to me.

Seems we tackled great Thursday Night. After they had achieved what they set out do. Except those plays that ended in the end zone.

The Cowboy game, I don't think I've ever seen a defense more out of position. The biggest factor in that is inexperience, not coaching.

Every week we are playing at least three guys in the secondary who are basically practice squad players. Ogbah, Nassib, and Schoebert are tricked easily. They're rookies.

We'll get through this. Just chomp down hard for six more games.

Zombo

Every week we are playing at least three guys in the secondary who are basically practice squad players. Ogbah, Nassib, and Schoebert are tricked easily. They're rookies.

We'll get through this. Just chomp down hard for six more games.

Zombo

That's what I'm thinking too. Brutal to watch now, but things should be much better next season.

Brutal to watch now, but things should be much better next season.

Brutal is the word that keeps echoing in my head.....

And, yes.....lets push that "things should get better bar" back to next season now....shall we?

It's already been at "wait till week one, when we arent so vanilla"......then slid back to "wait a few games and let em gel"......only to fall back a bit further to "let's see where we are closer to mid season....rookies ya know".......then it fell back to "the second half of the season will really tell us something".......and now.....it's "wait till next year"......

Hahaha....wait till next year.....now, THATS a new one....!

Not a new rallying cry... as you well know. But Browns 2016 is undeniably a new approach to a rebuild.

And, yes.....lets push that "things should get better bar" back to next season now....shall we?

It's already been at "wait till week one, when we arent so vanilla"......then slid back to "wait a few games and let em gel"......only to fall back a bit further to "let's see where we are closer to mid season....rookies ya know".......then it fell back to "the second half of the season will really tell us something".......and now.....it's "wait till next year"......

Call me foolish, I don't care, but I do believe it will be better (yes, can't get much worse)....

Stand pat in whatever draft order they fall in, and draft the best available at whatever positions they are targeting. My opinion is a shored up secondary and O line gets us close to .500 (not the ultimate goal of course).

must be the same people that put together the #s for the imaginary landslide on election day.

numbers are numbers.

i think fans that aren't blind can see what the fuck is going on (on the field) and nothing is top ten worthy. the glass half full crowd hasn't figured out yet that that's not a brown colored ice cube.

Wait till next decade anyone?

Jourdan Lewis and Jabril Peppers are only difference makers in college. Lewis is just too small for NFL WR's, and Peppers has bad ball skills [to date this season: zero pass breakups. To date in his college career: Zero INT's] His best comparison is Deone Buccannon, hybrid LB-S.

Buccannon was actually a difference maker in college on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm beginning to view Lewis as an elite slot prospect, maybe a decent #2. Similar to Buster but with a more physical streak to his game. Obviously everybody from here to Mars knows my stance on Peppers.

What I saw of King last night I liked. He looks like one of those compact, hard hitting corners. First player that came to mind in comparison was Hargreves (spell check) from Tampa.

Speaking of things blowing my mind...

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Browns-Huddle-Jamie-Collins--Austin-Pasztor/db53a85b-2bf7-4aea-a784-ce5ec9582924

Per PFF, from week 4 to the present, Paz is the #1 RT in the NFL. NUMBER ONE. He also grades as the #9 tackle overall.

John Kosko ‏@PFF_JohnKosko Nov 10

Big deal made about missed tackles for #DawgPoundNFL_Season_2016_CLE.png. Not as bad as it seems: 11.9% MT rate, 13th best in NFL.

Follow up tweet:

If it's broken down (by position our Safeties) ... rate: 5th worst at 17.4% MT rate.

It seems worse than it is statistically because other teams are consistently abusing our safeties because they suck. I bet if you calculated another statistic, points scored after missed tackles, we'd look like the worst in the league.

What I saw of King last night I liked. He looks like one of those compact, hard hitting corners. First player that came to mind in comparison was Hargreves (spell check) from Tampa.

As you've probably read... I agree. There is, however, a little "me me me" alarm that King manages to set off when I watch him.. at least this year. I don't remember that in past years.

Not necessarily a disqualifier, but is an alarm.

ok so has PFF officially now jumped the shark for you guys? Like seriously announcers laugh during the replays of our preposterous attempts at tackling the ballcarrier. But don't worry guys, PFF has us rated as decent tacklers..it's all a mirage. OMFG i hate PFF. Seriously how any of you take those clowns seriously anymore. We know what we're seeing every sunday. Trust your eyes. Trust the reality of the outcomes so far. We're going 0-16 and our QB's are getting mauled as hard as tehy ever have. PFF is trolling the Cleveland fanbase hard. Paz the #1 RT in football...omfg someone needs beaten. Holy fuck. Hey look that RT got a hand on his edge rusher that time...he's really good. Totally the QB's fault for holding the ball .8 seconds can't put that on the OL. :angry:

Lighten up Francis...

PFF rates us middling at tackling only compared to the league...

And Paz was playing better... especially run blocking and handling pure speed rushes in PassPro. BLT exposed his susceptibility to the inside move. We'll see if that continues.

Their ratings have to be taken into context like everything else. There is no definitive 'stat' that makes any one player good at their position.

I'll take the win column for 16 Alex.

Lighten up Francis...

PFF rates us middling at tackling only compared to the league...

And Paz was playing better... especially run blocking and handling pure speed rushes in PassPro. BLT exposed his susceptibility to the inside move. We'll see if that continues.

I went through the first half of our drives, focusing almost exclusively on the OL (and seeing what happened to corey coleman), and basically the conclusion is, the other four guys on the line will get beat here and there but generally hold their own, while Cam is consistently turning around, giving the 'look out block' and then is the first to help Crow or whoever to his feet.

There was one play, I forget which, where there's a DT lined up in the A gap to Cam's right; he snaps the ball, and lunges to the defender; defender's first step is sideways away from Cam, and he goes unabated to the backfield; meanwhile, Cam is literally sprawled out on the floor. I'll see if I can find the play later.

As for other things - Kessler doesn't seem to be taking what's there at this point, as if he's wanting other things to develop. One play, a first and ten, and he has the receiver open for maybe a seven yard yard. Throw, catch, pick up the yards, put yourself in manageable position of 2nd-and-3. Instead, he waits to see what happens downfield, the receiver gets covered, so he rolls out to his right (wrong way), and forces it to Telfer or someone, behind the LoS, who is then dropped for a three yard loss.

Another time (could even be the same play) the lines parts like the red sea in front of him. He could have picked up five yards before the nearest defender gets close, and instead he bails out round the back of the pocket and we lose yardage again.

On Coleman, it seems like he's getting open, but the throw just isn't being made, or he isn't being led to gain extra yards. His first catch was so high (and slightly late) he had to go up and high point it, despite it just being a seven yard comeback/hitch. If it's in his belly, he can get the ball with half a step more, maybe make the defender miss and pick up chunk yardage.

Found it, Q1, 5:32 to play. Crowell for -2 yards. Here:

PreSnap

VxLranG.jpg

First step/lunge

k0Q2Th9.jpg

Second step/fall over

xql9Mbo.jpg

Cam's guy gets the tackle

B1gedZi.jpg

For those wondering, #78 is Michael Pierce, a UDFA out of Samford (not Stanford).

Suggs is coming around the edge unblocked but by the time the tackle is made, Crow is ahead of him, as Suggs is apparently designated to cover Hogan on the read option.

Another day, another Erving whiff.

Archived