THE BROWNS BOARD

So maybe not a wall but maybe a wall-fence?

Clevfan4life

For the record, I'm all for actually enforcing a border. In an ideal world, I would not want borders because everyone is all so nice to each other and the standard of living everywhere is so even that there's no need for them, but while I remain an idealist, I'm also a realist, and there needs to be an enforceable border.

What I don't like is the divisive xenophobic rhetoric that leads to 5-year-olds telling their classmates with a spanish name that they'll be deported soon.

For the record, I'm all for actually enforcing a border. In an ideal world, I would not want borders because everyone is all so nice to each other and the standard of living everywhere is so even that there's no need for them, but while I remain an idealist, I'm also a realist, and there needs to be an enforceable border.

What I don't like is the divisive xenophobic rhetoric that leads to 5-year-olds telling their classmates with a spanish name that they'll be deported soon.

Mexico is a near-third world country that has more third world countries at its own southern border. Not to mention their significant crime and drug problems. Makes having a strong border much more important than say between countries like France/Germany. Some super liberal reporter went to the border and was like "damn they need a wall"

Build a wall on Greece's northern border and maybe the EU can be aight too.

Yep - he went extreme in his moon-shooting rhetoric so that people will acquiesce to his star-based reality.

The art of the deal

I've been saying it forever, too. Trump will do or say whatever he needs to do or say in order to get what he wants. He was a registered Democrat from 2000 to 2009, probably because he had something to gain by it. This is what makes him so unpredictable, and why I've doubted some of the rhetoric he puts out there. If he thought saying he would be the first to send giraffes to Mars would get him elected, he'd have said it.

There may be some truth to this but for me if he follows through with placing constitutional judges on the Supreme Court it will have been worth voting for him. He is already backtracking on any prosecution of Hillary Clinton calling the Clintons, "They’re, they’re good people. I don't want to hurt them." I am sure we have not seen the end of things he has said on the campaign turn out to be empty words:

Trump also appeared to back away from his promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, over her use of a private email server. Trump made such a promise during the second presidential debate against Clinton during a rhetorical duel that ended with Trump saying if he was president, "you'd be in jail."

"She did some bad things, I mean she did some bad things," Trump said, to which Stahl responded, "I know, but a special prosecutor?"

"I don't want to hurt them, I don't want to hurt them," Trump said. "They’re, they’re good people. I don't want to hurt them."

Archived