THE BROWNS BOARD

One Post's Electoral College

One Post

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that what the House is for?

umm.. Woody?

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector."

I'm advocating for breaking up the EC votes from each state based on the number of votes a candidate got there.

10 total votes. 60% Trump. 40% Clinton then 6 for Trump, 4 for Clinton.

This still means someone's vote in a small state counts for more, but it's closer to a popular vote.

I'm advocating for breaking up the EC votes from each state based on the number of votes a candidate got there.

This still means someone's vote in a small state counts for more, but it's closer to a popular vote.

Trump lost the popular vote because of states like democratic California who ran up the vote totals. California already gets rewarded by their number of electoral votes (55) which is far and away more than any other state so it is not like the democrats don't get rewarded already for winning a state like California.

It's all a moot point. To get rid of the electoral college would only start with 2/3rds majority votes in both houses of congress (hard enough in itself to accomplish) and then approved by 38 states (impossible). Better learn to deal with the electoral college.

Trump lost the popular vote because of states like democratic California who ran up the vote totals. California already gets rewarded by their number of electoral votes (55) which is far and away more than any other state so it is not like the democrats don't get rewarded already for winning a state like California.

It's all a moot point. To get rid of the electoral college would only start with 2/3rds majority votes in both houses of congress (hard enough in itself to accomplish) and then approved by 38 states (impossible). Better learn to deal with the electoral college.

I like you obf because you get it. God bless you and yours. Go Browns!

15036486_10158155647080725_6241170319060

Yes, yes, yes. We've already been told a dozen times in here it won't change. Idc. That's not the point of the thread.

Trump lost the popular vote because less people voted for him. You can't just not count Cali because you disagree with them...

Yes, yes, yes. We've already been told a dozen times in here it won't change. Idc. That's not the point of the thread.

Trump lost the popular vote because less people voted for him. You can't just not count Cali because you disagree with them...

The Electoral College is in the Constitution. It upholds everything. If you don't like it move out of the country.

the Constitution is NOT A STUPID "LIVING DOCUMENT".

It is amendable, if necessary, to INCLUDE rights.

Not to take rights away. This "living document" is code for

"us liberals want it to be rewritten by us, so we can screw all non-liberals over in contempory fashion"

You cannot have California and New York as the majority while the rest of America works hard everyday too.

No one claimed they aren't working hard...

I also don't think anyone is actually reading what I posted because my suggestion limits the impact of Cali and NY...

the Constitution is NOT A STUPID "LIVING DOCUMENT".

It is amendable, if necessary, to INCLUDE rights.

Not to take rights away. This "living document" is code for

"us liberals want it to be rewritten by us, so we can screw all non-liberals over in contempory fashion"

There is a process for editing it. We have used it in the past. If the support is there, it should be used in the future.

Acting like a document to govern written 200+ years ago is perfect is idiotic.

It's history. Liberals HATE history. What good is a declaration of permanent RIGHTS and PROTECTION

from TYRANNY,

if a bunch of liberal activists could just take some rights away that they don't like, when they decide

others shouldn't have them (since they never mind their own business)

Sooooo.... Nothing. Got it.

Alcohol makes me happy (it doesn't,). I have a right to a pursuit if happiness. We took away alcohol.

But nothing says we can't go through normal avenues to change it. You can't invent rules in the case of you not liking the change.

Or, fix the things that are clearly broken?

Just because the election didn't go the Democrats way doesn't mean the electoral collehe is a broken system. I'd say it worked perfectly as designed. Middle America firmly rejected leftist ideology. Outside of eds, I don't think anyone is in love with trump but we'll take him over another 4-8 years of essentially sanctioned cop killings, emboldened rioters, forcing transexuals on our wives and daughters, denouncememt of "white privilege" and attacks on our way of life from the highest levels. All the leftists have had to do for the last 8 years to get their way is shout "RACISTBIGOT!"

Well...it's not gonna be so easy now, is it? RACISTBIGOT isn't gonna do the trick anymore.

Just because the election didn't go the Democrats way doesn't mean the electoral collehe is a broken system. I'd say it worked perfectly as designed. Middle America firmly rejected leftist ideology. Outside of eds, I don't think anyone is in love with trump but we'll take him over another 4-8 years of essentially sanctioned cop killings, emboldened rioters, forcing transexuals on our wives and daughters, denouncememt of "white privilege" and attacks on our way of life from the highest levels. All the leftists have had to do for the last 8 years to get their way is shout "RACISTBIGOT!"

Well...it's not gonna be so easy now, is it? RACISTBIGOT isn't gonna do the trick anymore.

Hallelujah!

Archived