THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump picks sessions as AG and it's strike one for me..

Clevfan4life

No need. It's getting away from your original statement. Does it work in partnership sure. But it's not going to cure cancer all by itself.

Maybe it can....

Brain Cancer Benefits

A study published in the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics outlines how brain tumors are highly resistant to current anticancer treatments, which makes it crucial to find new therapeutic strategies aimed at improving the poor prognosis of patients suffering from this disease.

A study published in the British Journal of Cancer, conducted by the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Complutense University in Madrid, determined that THC and other cannabinoids inhibit tumor growth. THC was found to decrease tumour cells in two out of the nine patients, and the delivery was safe and was achieved with zero psychoactive effects.

A study published in The Journal of Neuroscience examined the biochemical events in both acute neuronal damage and in slowly progressive, neurodegenerative diseases. They looked at THC and found that it reduced neuronal injury in rats, and provide evidence that the cannabinoid system can protect the brain against neurodegeneration.

A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics already acknowledged the fact that cannabinoids have been shown to possess antitumor properties. This study examined the effect of cannabidiol (non psychoactive cannabinoid compound) on human glioma cell lines (Glioma is the word used to describe brain tumor). The addition of cannabidiol led to a dramatic drop in the viability of glioma cells, the study concluded that cannabidiol was able to produce a significant antitumor activity.

Breast Cancer Benefits

A study published in the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by the California Pacific Medical Centre determined that cannabidiol (CBD) inhibits human breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion. They also demonstrated that CBD significantly reduces tumor mass.

A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics determined that THC as well as cannabidiol dramatically reduced breast cancer cell growth.

A study published in the Journal Molecular Cancer showed that THC reduced tumor growth and tumor numbers. They determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell proliferation, induce cancer cell apoptosis and impair tumor angiogenesis (the creation of new blood vessels), providing strong evidence for the use of cannabinoid based therapies for the management of breast cancer.

A study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) determined that cannabinoids inhibit human breast cancer cell proliferation.

Lung Cancer Benefits

A study published in the journal Oncogene, by Harvard Medical Schools Experimental Medicine Department determined that THC inhibits epithelial growth factor induced lung cancer cell migration and more. They go on to state that THC should be explored as novel therapeutic molecules in controlling the growth and metastasis of certain lung cancers.

A study published by the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by Harvard Medical School investigated the role of cannabinoid receptors in lung cancer cells. They determined its effectiveness and suggested that it should be used for treatment against lung cancer cells.

A study published by the US National Library of Medicine by the Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology, from the Department of General Surgery in Germany determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell invasion. Effects were confirmed in primary tumor cells from a lung cancer patient. Overall, data indicated that cannabinoids decrease cancer cell invasiveness.

Prostate Cancer Benefits

A study published in the US National Library of Medicine outlined multiple studies proving the effectiveness of cannabis on prostate cancer.

A study published in the US National Library of Medicine illustrates a decrease in prostatic cancer cells by acting through cannabinoid receptors.

Another study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that clinical testing of CBD against prostate carcinoma is a must, as cannabinoid receptor activation induces prostate carcinoma cell apoptosis (cell death).

Blood Cancer Benefits

A study published in the US National Library of Medicine conducted by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology by Virginia Commonwealth University determined that cannabinoids induce apoptosis in leukemia cells.

A study published in the journal Molecular Pharmacology recently showed that cannabinoids induce growth inhibition and apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma. The study was supported by grants from the Swedish Cancer Society, The Swedish Research Council and the Cancer Society in Stockholm.

A study published in the International Journal of Cancer also determined and illustrated that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects in various types of cancer and in mantle cell lymphoma.

Liver Cancer Benefits

A study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that that THC reduces the viability of human HCC cell lines (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) and reduced the growth.

Pancreatic Cancer Benefits

A study published in The American Journal of Cancer determined that cannabinoid receptors are expressed in human pancreatic tumor cell lines and tumor biopsies at much higher levels than in normal pancreatic tissue. Results showed that cannabinoid administration induced apoptosis. They also reduced the growth of tumor cells, and inhibited the spreading of pancreatic tumor cells.

Oral Cancer Benefits

A study published by the US National Library of Medicine results show cannabinoids are potent inhibitors of cellular respiration and are toxic to highly malignant oral Tumors.

Colon Cancer Benefits

A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of theColon and have some potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer.

Aids Chemotherapy

A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD made the chemo more effective, and increased cancer cell death without harming the normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.

It's still being studied but "some" people have shown remarkable affinity to cannibinoids. The cannibinoid receptor system is what is being highly studied right now. It's a receptor system that wasn't really known until somewhere recently i beleive. But they now know it's been on our DNA for a long time. Which makes sense because thousands and thousands of years ago people smoked this stuff like tobacco. And back then because the female plants weren't removed from the male plants which spikes their THC content due to no pollination from the males, the marijuana being smoked was mildly high giving but was used extensively in health remedies dating back many thousands of years. I think there's medical manuscripts from China dating back 6000 BC that has hemp/marijuana remedies.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and there's no court in this entire country that would understand the beating i put on you even if you agreed and hell, even if you picked the fight. No court. I'd be in jail for years for what i'd do to you. You wouldn't probably wouldn't survive so where would that leave me? In jail for a very long time for killing an old beligerant drunk codger.

Stuart

You sure you wanna go to jail Cleve? ... a blonde sissy faggot like you will surely catch Bubbas eye. Knowing you're getting your asshole reamed and passed around among other inmates like a $2 whore would be priceless....in fact you might start to like it.

Cleve loves politicized science.

WSS

Exvept the study of climate and its effects on humans isnt politicsl science. Its great work being done by great people. Aside from any gw stuff they did great work there. Unfortunately trump is showing himself to be the shill we thought he was. You watch, chemicals will start being dumped into our waters wholesale again.....tje good ole days of corporate america doing whatever they feel like are back.....no consequences for dmging human health.

Exvept the study of climate and its effects on humans isnt politicsl science. Its great work being done by great people. Aside from any gw stuff they did great work there. Unfortunately trump is showing himself to be the shill we thought he was. You watch, chemicals will start being dumped into our waters wholesale again.....tje good ole days of corporate america doing whatever they feel like are back.....no consequences for dmging human health.

The depths of the problem, whatever they may be, and the political Solutions which will be thrown at said problem (Taxes, writing checks to other countries unilateral self-sacrifice Etc) are what constitutes politizatian.

WSS

He's stated he wants to deregulate business's. So he's going to dismantle the EPA and nerf any research into environmental harm that some industries do to compleyely unnecessary things like water. Who needs water anyway right? The loss of water tables around the globe wasbone of the best and most important research that division of nasa was undertaking. So to feed stupid republican trolls who fap to the prospect of humans being exposed to industrial chemicals, he's going to try to kill off the only restraints there are on these industries.....which is govt regulation. There is nothing else. There is no magic fairy's that find these offending companies. There are no mysticsl market forces that remedy this, there is only regulatory agencies which go and test things like rivers to see who's doing what

I know in know, we're not supposed to care. Just punch the clock, know ur role....roll over and die. Thats ur generations legacy. Apathy. Neutered men.

With respect it's my opinion that the Neutered Men are the ones who are hyperventilating over this.

It's my opinion that technology will progressed to the point that there will be a small reduction in the amount of greenhouse gases we produce. How much? I have no idea. But it just makes sense that we will gradually move to solar and wind power if it's convenient and even find ways to use coal more cleanly.

I have seriously asked some of the guys who are worried about this exactly how big a sacrifice and their daily lives they would be willing to make to make a noticeable difference.

The answers are usually along lines of nothing or very little but they expect the government to be able to do something.

What with every prediction of Doom that failed to come true we set the goalposts to add another 5, 10 or 20 years.

At least Woody and I both agree that we shouldn't be pussies about nuclear energy. Nuclear and led technology would make a huge difference. I'm assuming top men are on it.

WSS

Your predictions of "doom" are almost always fr non reputable sources or not as doom as you thought.

Capitalism doesn't give a fuck about the environment. We could run this shit to the ground , and then go "oh shit, we should do something". We need govt regulation and intervention. I'm fine with higher taxes.

My biggest concern is how politicized the issue has become. You have a consensus of experts in the field saying it's happening, but it doesn't matter. Oil companies pay the politicians to trick the people. Fake science, fake experts, whatever it takes. People will just blindly tow parry lines.

I would love for scientific issues to stay with the sciencists. Then, with focused research, we can come back together and figure out what steps to take.

Steve ur still ruminating on gw. The issue is larger than that. Ur likely too old to bevsrsly affected by gw and i know its too much to ask of ur gen to care what happens here in 100 years. But some of the things that agencies like the epa tegulate, abs do affect us in the right here and now. You know, so our water doesntbturn into liquid lead like what happened in flint

As someone who works in the energy industry and lives in WV, I am torn on it. I definitely think some things are way overregulated. Ticky tack shit that just seems to be there for money making. So seeing that type of stuff go would be nice.

That said, I live in a place where EPA regulations on chemical storage were overlooked for the coal companies. A giant tank ruptured and leaked coal cleaning chemicals into the Elk River and a 200k metro area couldn't use any of its water for more than a week.

Your predictions of "doom" are almost always fr non reputable sources or not as doom as you thought.

Capitalism doesn't give a fuck about the environment. We could run this shit to the ground , and then go "oh shit, we should do something". We need govt regulation and intervention. I'm fine with higher taxes.

My biggest concern is how politicized the issue has become. You have a consensus of experts in the field saying it's happening, but it doesn't matter. Oil companies pay the politicians to trick the people. Fake science, fake experts, whatever it takes. People will just blindly tow parry lines.

I would love for scientific issues to stay with the sciencists. Then, with focused research, we can come back together and figure out what steps to take.

I love when liberal childless types get on their high horse and say how they're fine with higher taxes. I'm fine with a lot of stuff. I'm fine with two dudes getting married, but I'm not fine with paying half my paycheck to uncle sam.

No one was notified of the problem because they tried to see if they could cover it up. People who got showers that morning ended up with chemical burns.

As someone who works in the energy industry and lives in WV, I am torn on it. I definitely think some things are way overregulated. Ticky tack shit that just seems to be there for money making. So seeing that type of stuff go would be nice.

That said, I live in a place where EPA regulations on chemical storage were overlooked for the coal companies. A giant tank ruptured and leaked coal cleaning chemicals into the Elk River and a 200k metro area couldn't use any of its water for more than a week.

This is alarming!

Steve ur still ruminating on gw. The issue is larger than that. Ur likely too old to bevsrsly affected by gw and i know its too much to ask of ur gen to care what happens here in 100 years. But some of the things that agencies like the epa tegulate, abs do affect us in the right here and now. You know, so our water doesntbturn into liquid lead like what happened in flint

Actually if anybody is ruminating on this would be you and Woody. I don't care all that much. You may have noticed that. I think technology will take care of itself and I don't share Woodys hysteria about corporations. Or yours apparently.

But you are correct up to the point that one of the reasons that I don't care very much is because I'll be lucky to live another 25 years. And frankly I don't think things will be dire in 50 years or 75.

But take one hypothetical. If we lower the corporate tax rate to 15% it would incentivize business to come back to America where there are already at least some regulations as opposed to wherever the fuck they are building it now. Plus in employment and + for the shit being manufactured a little bit more cleanly.

And if you'd like to be logical about it you think corporations wouldn't enjoy this: easier and cheaper to create energy with whatever technological advances come down the pike and charge the same amount for it. Sounds like a win-win.

Better than just taxing shit for the hell of it and wasting the money.

WSS

I love when liberal childless types get on their high horse and say how they're fine with higher taxes. I'm fine with a lot of stuff. I'm fine with two dudes getting married, but I'm not fine with paying half my paycheck to uncle sam.

Sorry? I think this is a real issue and I think the solution is regulation and taxes. While I imagine most of this would fall on companies and the wealthy, I would guess some would hit every day Americans too. In which case, I'm fine paying more.

Actually if anybody is ruminating on this would be you and Woody. I don't care all that much. You may have noticed that. I think technology will take care of itself and I don't share Woodys hysteria about corporations. Or yours apparently.

But you are correct up to the point that one of the reasons that I don't care very much is because I'll be lucky to live another 25 years. And frankly I don't think things will be dire in 50 years or 75.

But take one hypothetical. If we lower the corporate tax rate to 15% it would incentivize business to come back to America where there are already at least some regulations as opposed to wherever the fuck they are building it now. Plus in employment and + for the shit being manufactured a little bit more cleanly.

And if you'd like to be logical about it you think corporations wouldn't enjoy this: easier and cheaper to create energy with whatever technological advances come down the pike and charge the same amount for it. Sounds like a win-win.

Better than just taxing shit for the hell of it and wasting the money.

WSS

Starting a response by calling the other side "hysteria"

Typical Steve...

Archived