THE BROWNS BOARD

Shut Up and Act

OldBrownsFan

Libs have to put their politics into everything:

Trump says 'Hamilton' cast 'rude' to Pence, 'harrased' him, wants apology

President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday said the cast of the hit Broadway show “Hamilton” was “rude” to White House teammate Mike Pence and that he deserves an apology for being “harassed.”

“Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing. This should not happen!” Trump tweeted.

“The Theater must always be a safe and special place. The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!” he tweeted minutes later.

Pence, the vice presidential elect and a Republican, was booed as he attended the show Friday night in New York.

The cast had a message for Pence after the show as he was walking out saying, “We sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/19/vice-president-elect-mike-pence-booed-at-hamilton.html

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man OBF, i thought you were one of the more reasonable fellows here but maybe not...the "cast" of that show did nothing to Pence. The crowd booed him. If you're fixin to demand an apology from the crowd, maybe you ought to go live somewhere else like mother russiya eh? When at the end the cast member addressed Pence he told people to stop booing and gave Pence a heartfelt message thanking him for stopping by to see the show. If somehow this offends you brain less simpletons than to hell with you. There's no place for you here anymore.

Here's the video of Pence getting booed by the crowd and scroll down for the video at the end when the director addressed him. Im at a complete loss to explain how anybody's gotten worked up over this. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-demands-apology-from-hamilton-cast-after-mike-pence-booed/ar-AAku2i4?li=BBnb7Kz

For Trump to demand an apology from the cast who have zero control over the crowd, I mean am I missing something? Did the cast come over the speakers and yell dat nigga pence in da house yo boo that white ass!!! Oh that didn't happen? Than fuck what's wrong with you people? What's wrong with Trump? Admonishing the crowd that bood pence is fine but where was the thanks for what happened at the end?

The thought of a black cast for Hamilton is stupid. If I were Pence I wouldn't have wasted my time. You don't see white people acting out Roots.

I myself have no real calling to go see it. But what we think of it doesn't matter. The theatre people like it and the thing is probably making a lot of people very wealthy, so it's a successful free market enterprise...to each their own.

Man OBF, i thought you were one of the more reasonable fellows here but maybe not...the "cast" of that show did nothing to Pence. The crowd booed him. If you're fixin to demand an apology from the crowd, maybe you ought to go live somewhere else like mother russiya eh? When at the end the cast member addressed Pence he told people to stop booing and gave Pence a heartfelt message thanking him for stopping by to see the show. If somehow this offends you brain less simpletons than to hell with you. There's no place for you here anymore.

Here's the video of Pence getting booed by the crowd and scroll down for the video at the end when the director addressed him. Im at a complete loss to explain how anybody's gotten worked up over this. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-demands-apology-from-hamilton-cast-after-mike-pence-booed/ar-AAku2i4?li=BBnb7Kz

For Trump to demand an apology from the cast who have zero control over the crowd, I mean am I missing something? Did the cast come over the speakers and yell dat nigga pence in da house yo boo that white ass!!! Oh that didn't happen? Than fuck what's wrong with you people? What's wrong with Trump? Admonishing the crowd that bood pence is fine but where was the thanks for what happened at the end?

The cast shouldn't have made any statements period. They are performers doing a job. I have heard some say that Obama got boos at Nascar by the fans. I would say did any of the drivers get on the microphone and put in their two cents? No. The actors in the Broadway show were not responsible for the crowd booing Pence but they are responsible for making their public statements in a wrong forum.

Elvis and Politics …

The King Kept His Thoughts to Himself

http://www.elvis-history-blog.com/elvis-politics.html

Too bad there aren't more performers like him today that keep their politics out of their performances but then Elvis was a conservative.

yeah it's always uncool when performers keep their politics out of their art, until they have some great conservative message right? I guess when athletes talk about how jesus allowed them to score that TD you don't have a problem with that do you? Cause that's religion now totally diff right?

The cast shouldn't have made any statements period. They are performers doing a job. I have heard some say that Obama got boos at Nascar by the fans. I would say did any of the drivers get on the microphone and put in their two cents? No. The actors in the Broadway show were not responsible for the crowd booing Pence but they are responsible for making their public statements in a wrong forum.

“Vice-president Mike Pence, I see you walking out, but I hope you will hear us, just a few moments.”

“There is nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen, we are sharing a story of love,” he said.

: “Mike Pence, we welcome you here. We are the diverse Americans who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents.”

“Or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights … we hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us,”

“We thank you for sharing this wonderful American story, told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations,”

There's the transcript OBF, yeah what a cocksucker that guy is. He was totally a pos to pence wasn't he?

So when did anything like this hapen to president-elect Obama, Joe Biden or his family? And this was a mild one granted. How many riots in the street how many kids stomped out of class encouraged by their professors or even Elementary School teachers?

Since you brought it up I'm assuming you had some idea on the situation to share.

WSS

“Vice-president Mike Pence, I see you walking out, but I hope you will hear us, just a few moments.”

“There is nothing to boo here, ladies and gentlemen, we are sharing a story of love,” he said.

: “Mike Pence, we welcome you here. We are the diverse Americans who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents.”

“Or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights … we hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us,”

“We thank you for sharing this wonderful American story, told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations,”

There's the transcript OBF, yeah what a cocksucker that guy is. He was totally a pos to pence wasn't he?

You left out the liberal lecture Cleve, also part of the transcript:

The cast had a message for Pence after the show as he was walking out saying, “We sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir.”

"Hamilton" creator Lin-Manuel Miranda is no stranger to politics, having backed Hillary Clinton during this year's election cycle. In addition to endorsing Clinton, Miranda held a benefit showing of the musical in July, where admission to the show supported the Clinton campaign -- some tickets reportedly went for as much as $10,000. (no surprise here)

yeah it's always uncool when performers keep their politics out of their art, until they have some great conservative message right? I guess when athletes talk about how jesus allowed them to score that TD you don't have a problem with that do you? Cause that's religion now totally diff right?

Apples and oranges comparison. I have always been on record for performers to do like Elvis Presley did while onstage. Keep out the politics.

You left out the liberal lecture Cleve, also part of the transcript:

]

uh did you read what i pasted? it's all there, what you have quoted is in my post. I just copy and pasted. You know there's also the video in the link i posted of what the guy said..in his own words. Go see it. Than tell me what i left out. I'll be waiting.

what's also clear is that Pence was only addressed because of the crowd booing.

Wrong. They had intended to make their address when they found out Pence was attending.

Patrick Healy @patrickhealynyt

.@Lin_Manuel Miranda, director Tommy Kail, producer Jeffrey Seller & cast wrote "Hamilton" statement after learning Mike Pence was coming.

]

uh did you read what i pasted? it's all there, what you have quoted is in my post. I just copy and pasted. You know there's also the video in the link i posted of what the guy said..in his own words. Go see it. Than tell me what i left out. I'll be waiting.

You're right I missed it. It is an unnecessary lecture to the VP.

You're right I missed it. It is an unnecessary lecture to the VP.

I can maybe agree with that. If Pence had a problem with it he should say so..it's really not our business since it was directed at him. It wasn't really a public thing like he got up infront of a camera and broadcasted the lecture to the whole country. What he said to Pence does though "sort of" go hand in hand with what that play is all about. So it's not entirely inappropriate, but kind of dooshey at the same time. I would have skipped it myself, I mean what's the point. But at the same time to have this huge problem with it and call it harrassement and demand and apology..i mean gtfo. Every one takes themselves so seriously anymore and most of us are clowns not worthy of an ounce of serious afterthought. Trump looks like an ass again, guarantee the left makes it look like massa Trump upset with the colored help for voicing some concerns. You wait, they'll find some racial angle to this. As I said in another post, I love the guy who refuses to look at the tv, internet or newspaper to see who won. Even wears headphones out and about. That guy has the right idea. This country is unstomachable anymore. THe left, the right...they're all morons I wish would get raptured off the planet.

I can maybe agree with that. If Pence had a problem with it he should say so..it's really not our business since it was directed at him. It wasn't really a public thing like he got up infront of a camera and broadcasted the lecture to the whole country. What he said to Pence does though "sort of" go hand in hand with what that play is all about. So it's not entirely inappropriate, but kind of dooshey at the same time. I would have skipped it myself, I mean what's the point. But at the same time to have this huge problem with it and call it harrassement and demand and apology..i mean gtfo. Every one takes themselves so seriously anymore and most of us are clowns not worthy of an ounce of serious afterthought. Trump looks like an ass again, guarantee the left makes it look like massa Trump upset with the colored help for voicing some concerns. You wait, they'll find some racial angle to this. As I said in another post, I love the guy who refuses to look at the tv, internet or newspaper to see who won. Even wears headphones out and about. That guy has the right idea. This country is unstomachable anymore. THe left, the right...they're all morons I wish would get raptured off the planet.

I follow politics and you can do it 24/7 with all the media today but there are times when you just like to get a break from it. A Broadway play, sporting events and music concerts come to mind.

Archived