THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Let's see, where was I correct about the stinking squealers and stuff:

About this game - the Browns will win. The squealers will have no answer for Pryor - he'll run them silly as a wr.

Coleman will make them look sillier.TRUE, IF THE QB's COULD EVER GET HIM THE BALL

The only problem is that the squealers will be losing at halftime, and come out the second half, and cheapshot them

out of the game, and maybe ruin Kessler's knees on a late cheapshot after t he whistle walk back to the huddle.

I NAILED IT. THEY CHEAPSHOTTED PRYOR - WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HITTING A DEFENSELESS PLAYER? WTF?

AND, SURE ENOUGH, THEY CHEAPSHOTTED KESSLER AND MCCOWN, THE KESSLER ONE WAS SERIOUS.

As usual, there won't be any unsportsmanlike conduct penalty - the commish has their backs, for being such

good friends with their owner.

I WAS WRONG- THE REFS ACTUALLY CALLED EM ON THE QB hits. NOT ON THE PRYOR HIT, THOUGH

If all that happens, Hue will have a meeting with the commish about it all, and ask for an explanation.

Then the commish will invite one of his hack refs and have them throw a penalty flag on Hue for lining

up in the neutral zone.

You heard it here first. Without cheapshots by the squealers... the BROWNS WILL WIN AND IT WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL
FIRST SEASON ! YEP. IT's WHAT THE SQUEALERS DO.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interior of our Oline chases everything that goes away from them. At this point I can't even begin to understand why but I know it makes life real easy for a defensive mind to open pass rush lanes up.

Were those techs something you could see at camp for a RG3 Offensive Series? looking for running lanes? cuz This OL coach makes no sense to me period with Kess or McC.. even Hogan looked OK 1 game playing a RG3 gameplan?

this team needs to fix the oline , center,rog, and rt quickly for next year.

and, they need to fix the secondary. It's toast. Joe Haden has lost a half step.... and just

get a new defensive coord. and maybe just give up on the special teams coach, I don't know.

Don't need to draft dline - isn't a problem.

Were those techs something you could see at camp for a RG3 Offensive Series? looking for running lanes? cuz This OL coach makes no sense to me period with Kess or McC.. even Hogan looked OK 1 game playing a RG3 gameplan?

No. Mainly because our dlines in camp we're pretty vanilla along with coverage. At least, anything that's open to the media and fans will be.

how many more years can this go on ? god honestly this is first time I really feel there is no hope for are team

It will continue if we tear it up again. Its just gonna take 3-4 years of smart drafting and fa signings. Im done with drafting for scheme. Take bpa and if we cant fit the schemes to suit the most talented players then staff changes might be in order

It will continue if we tear it up again. Its just gonna take 3-4 years of smart drafting and fa signings. Im done with drafting for scheme. Take bpa and if we cant fit the schemes to suit the most talented players then staff changes might be in order

at this point I have no idea who being that the collage year is all most over with,but damnit we need a QB this crap is driving me insane

just FUCK FUCK FUCK

I have been a diehard Browns fan since 1963. This is the worst team the Browns have ever had. We need EVERYTHING. These guys don't even LOOK like professional football players. And, God bless ya, Joe Haden, but I'd trade you tomorrow for whatever I could get. McCown isn't the answer, Kessler isn't the answer, and RGIII will be hurt 20 minutes into his next game. I'm not blaming Hue Jackson at all. Asking him to win with this group of losers is like asking a heart surgeon to perform open heart surgery with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. Embarrassing.

Let's see, where was I correct about the stinking squealers and stuff:

I dunno Cal. Perusing the posts in this thread, I see no one else complaining about "cheap shots" and "bad or non calls".

This loss was the result of the lack of talent and poor coaching and nothing else...as it was with every browns loss.

This season is a replay of seasons past, except worse...how many times under Pettine, Chud, Mangini, etc have we seen this team be competitive in the first half, then lay an egg in the second half? That story is old. "No adjustments", "the other team adjusted" blah blah.

How many times have we seen this team under past regimes look like a legit NFL team the first half of the season, then look like shit the rest of the way? The browns were no doubt better the first half of this season. Now they really blow.

Tell Hue they're supposed to be getting better as the season progresses.

Every freakin year fans complain about the same shit. Aint any different under Hue.

Got to stand for it now. Screw starting over. SBrn. build us some picks, (paying deeply now) but getting the top Talent next season & after has got to happen. It has to overwhelm this teams Talents right now..Coaches can only coach up to the players talent level at this point..I can't get to 5 NFL players at this point. Gonna be a long 3 year ride. Haslem, this is what you get with piss poor scouting first. Than Drafting that Shit next..Fix the TALENT. IT's Not COACHING..We suffered getting enough draft picks this season. We have the right head coach to evaluate his staff on his own..Get your GM's to draft or log in here..Were pretty damn good at it right here....#b patient my a$$

at this point I have no idea who being that the collage year is all most over with,but damnit we need a QB this crap is driving me insane

just FUCK FUCK FUCK

I cannot justify a high first round pick on a qb until we get our o line settled. That might be a few years fyi. We simply cant draft a qb high and not protect him. Just go with rg,cody and hogan rotation until our o line shows that it can at least temper the kill shots. Every qb gets hit but our guys take insane beatings and the league is noticing. The nfl will not allow the next andrew luck to come to clev as long as this shit is going down

I cannot justify a high first round pick on a qb until we get our o line settled. That might be a few years fyi. We simply cant draft a qb high and not protect him. Just go with rg,cody and hogan rotation until our o line shows that it can at least temper the kill shots. Every qb gets hit but our guys take insane beatings and the league is noticing. The nfl will not allow the next andrew luck to come to clev as long as this shit is going down

thanks for being the voice of reason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT I AM GOING FUCKING INSANE ,,,,bullet...gun...pull trigger...

Yeah, it's really lucky that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning had five first rounders in front of them their entire careers...

Why do they play McCown? He just layed Pryor out to dry! They have one really good player and that's Pryor! Why does McCown throw the ball so Pryor gets KO'd?

Yeah, it's really lucky that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning had five first rounders in front of them their entire careers...

Exactly.

We need a QB that can go up to the line, see over it, see what the defense is doing, and then throw the ball to the correct guy.

You watch the good QBs, they don't hold the ball very long and they are not affraid to throw guys open.

Exactly.

We need a QB that can go up to the line, see over it, see what the defense is doing, and then throw the ball to the correct guy.

You watch the good QBs, they don't hold the ball very long and they are not affraid to throw guys open.

Which to you is easier - finding a franchise QB on the fringe of HOF worthy?

OR

Assembling a good Oline with a competent QB to run an efficient offense?

Because just saying "find a QB" actually requires that player being not only available to us, but existing in this draft. Which I just don't see.

OR

Because just saying "find a QB" actually requires that player being not only available to us, but existing in this draft. Which I just don't see.

I think getting the line SHOULD be easier, but we also don't have a competent QB either.

I dunno Cal. Perusing the posts in this thread, I see no one else complaining about "cheap shots" and "bad or non calls".

This loss was the result of the lack of talent and poor coaching and nothing else...as it was with every browns loss.

This season is a replay of seasons past, except worse...how many times under Pettine, Chud, Mangini, etc have we seen this team be competitive in the first half, then lay an egg in the second half? That story is old. "No adjustments", "the other team adjusted" blah blah.

How many times have we seen this team under past regimes look like a legit NFL team the first half of the season, then look like shit the rest of the way? The browns were no doubt better the first half of this season. Now they really blow.

Tell Hue they're supposed to be getting better as the season progresses.

Every freakin year fans complain about the same shit. Aint any different under Hue.

Well, nobody else has to, I choose to. Hitting a defenseless receiver is a flag. Excepet there was no flag on the

giant hit on Pryor. I could be wrong, but I think that's corrupt bs. Or, they got rid of that rule. Or, the worthless commish

chooses when to apply it, and to what team.

The roughing both Browns qb's were flagged. But putting the starting qb out of the game is a steeler play in their

defensive playbook... it goes all the way back before they took out Anderson's knee, in the Bengal playoff game.

It works, they get away with it. Players need to be ejected for these illegal violent hits.

But nobody is going to say it had anything to do with the Browns losing. But it doesn't help respecting the

NFL game, or the referrees when sometimes they call stuff, and sometimes they don't.

The Browns recently got called twice for lining up offsides. Okay. they were. Go back and look - one

of the steelers was lined up so far offsides, his head was on the other side of the football.

No...call. the refs are "incompetent" or "corrupt". Take your pick. Something is wrong - it is happening far, far too often,

and so many times, it seems to be NFL team specific. I've seen Browns wr's get hammered, held, even in the

steeler game, that long throw to Coleman, the squealer defender had both hands on Coleman's chest, pushed him

slightly away back toward the los direction, and intercepted the ball. No call. WTF?

it isn't the reason the Browns lost. It's the reason the NFL is starting to stink with regard to extremely

incompetent/corrupt playcalling. I'll call it "innocently inconsistent" if it wasn't so prevelent. It's stinking up

the game, I see it watching other NFL games once in a while. the playoff/superbowl caliber teams tend to

get away with a lot.

Must be good for the giant markets? This commish has a lot to answer for one of these days, some of his

"refs" too.

The Browns recently got called twice for lining up offsides. Okay. they were. Go back and look - one

of the steelers was lined up so far offsides, his head was on the other side of the football.

I thought I saw that a couple of times myself.

The second time I saw it was in the 4th qtr, it was so obvious that Stevie Wonder could see it...but it was never called.

OR

Which has happened more often? A bad team taking the top QB and finding success for 7+ years, or a bad team taking five first round linemen and plugging a journeyman behind him and experiencing success for 7+ years?

Which has happened more often? A bad team taking the top QB and finding success for 7+ years, or a bad team taking five first round linemen and plugging a journeyman behind him and experiencing success for 7+ years?

I wasn't aware anyone was advocating for drafting 5 lineman...?

Kessler has definitely earned another year

Another year on the roster? Sure.

Another year of holding the ball for 9 seconds and then moving out of the pocket with the speed and agility of my Mom? No. He needs to improve vastly.

First order of business on Monday morning: Take Cam Erving out back and shoot him. At this point, even his family would understand.

Z

Some teams do ok with a QB and an average o line other teams do ok with a QB that looks good because he has a great o line.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and the people in the FO need to find our own way. Too many are fixated on doing things one way because the Pats do it that way or another because the Seahawks do it t that way.

Copycat won't work we are staring from scratch and need to find our own way and they'll be sacked if they don't, but we sure as hell cant do fuck all about it.

First order of business on Monday morning: Take Cam Erving out back and shoot him. At this point, even his family would understand.

Z

Just spat out my beer reading that and it's my last beer. Send the $1 via post.

Another year on the roster? Sure.

Another year of holding the ball for 9 seconds and then moving out of the pocket with the speed and agility of my Mom? No. He needs to improve vastly.

Z

My Vote for Administrator of the Year..but Zoey struts to podium to collect the HARDwear :P

WoW!

I was so disappointed over the loss of RG-3 that I did not watch CLE at all this season.

This Kody Kessler kid looks great.

I never pay attention to college ball or the draft, so this is the first I has ever seen him.

He reminds me of Tim Couch is the way that he is taking a lot of hits.

I wish the Steelers had him as a backup.

It was a good day for PIT in that the entire division lost, so there is PIT and BAL on top of the pile at 5-5.

Gotta love that huh?

Archived