THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Let's see, where was I correct about the stinking squealers and stuff:

They play tough, we play like wimps.

how many more years can this go on ? god honestly this is first time I really feel there is no hope for our team

Many, many. I gave up hope before the season started.

I have been a diehard Browns fan since 1963. This is the worst team the Browns have ever had. We need EVERYTHING. These guys don't even LOOK like professional football players. And, God bless ya, Joe Haden, but I'd trade you tomorrow for whatever I could get. McCown isn't the answer, Kessler isn't the answer, and RGIII will be hurt 20 minutes into his next game. I'm not blaming Hue Jackson at all. Asking him to win with this group of losers is like asking a heart surgeon to perform open heart surgery with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. Embarrassing.

Exactly. Lombardi couldn't win with this collection of talent.

Why do they play McCown? He just layed Pryor out to dry! They have one really good player and that's Pryor! Why does McCown throw the ball so Pryor gets KO'd?

At 0-11, there is no sense in playing McClown, if Kess is concussed- play Hogan. When he's not laying receivers out to dry, he does a very good pinata imitation. Cut him- waste of a roster spot.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns should have at least looked pissed off after Timmons roughed Kessler & knocked him out.

Cal, I agree in the INT. It was interference, at the very least illegal contact. No call. And yes, the contenders have always gotten calls. Stupid, but that's how it goes.

It sucks, but doesn't really matter in the end. The O line is a seive, it's truly appalling how bad it is.

Today was the kind of day they needed to take advantage of...poor weather is the only thing that will allow them to get a win now. At 17-9, I thought maybe, just maybe a play could be made. NOPE, fumble by a 16 year veteran. Stupid.

WoW!

I was so disappointed over the loss of RG-3 that I did not watch CLE at all this season.

This Kody Kessler kid looks great.

I never pay attention to college ball or the draft, so this is the first I has ever seen him.

He reminds me of Tim Couch is the way that he is taking a lot of hits.

I wish the Steelers had him as a backup.

It was a good day for PIT in that the entire division lost, so there is PIT and BAL on top of the pile at 5-5.

Gotta love that huh?

R Glass III may now get a shot since it looks like the Browns may shut Kessler down with another concussion. Griffin isn't the answer either. Bungles and Ratbirds losing helps the Browns in the race to the #1 pick- and don't bet against that. The Steelers are far from a dominant team, but the Browns make everyone look dominant. Others have said, and I agree- this is the worst team the Browns have ever put on the field. They could probably even lose to the 2008 0-16 Lions.

Wins in 2016? Hell, we'll even take some close losses at this point.

R Glass III may now get a shot since it looks like the Browns may shut Kessler down with another concussion. Griffin isn't the answer either. Bungles and Ratbirds losing helps the Browns in the race to the #1 pick- and don't bet against that. The Steelers are far from a dominant team, but the Browns make everyone look dominant. Others have said, and I agree- this is the worst team the Browns have ever put on the field. They could probably even lose to the 2008 0-16 Lions.

Wins in 2016? Hell, we'll even take some close losses at this point.

this team would lose to the 1999 Browns

Family obligations today will either force me to miss a great win, or spare me the pain of a Stoolers loss........... I won't even check my phone until 2pm pst, until I know it's long over.

The best Sunday I've had this season. I figured the Browns would lose 35-10ish, so when I checked the final score, I was pleasantly surprised........ I have seen my last snap of the year, as life is far too short to spend it on shit like this. Not once today was I stressed or mad. Not once did my blood psi rise without exercising. Not once was I unhappy.

I'll still hang out here with you crazy bastards as that is fun, but as for this sorry ass team, nope, no more.

The best Sunday I've had this season. I figured the Browns would lose 35-10ish, so when I checked the final score, I was pleasantly surprised........ I have seen my last snap of the year, as life is far too short to spend it on shit like this. Not once today was I stressed or mad. Not once did my blood psi rise without exercising. Not once was I unhappy.

I'll still hang out here with you crazy bastards as that is fun, but as for this sorry ass team, nope, no more.

What's not to like?

https://youtu.be/EWH6QYClQvQ?t=1m

Getting harder to bear the negativity here...

No.. we're not good, but how can folks dump on a D that held a very good, very talented offense to 17 points despite being on the field for 34 minutes? Our D bent into a pretzel, but stiffened in the Red Zone three out of four times. And the one time they did relent was on the third shot from inside the 2.

Our D played its ass off this week... brought back memories of our old rubberband gang. We even showed signs of blitz designs that had a chance to get home. Unfortunately this ain't horseshoes or hand-grenades.

O? Different story... but still there were some bright spots.

• Pryor expanded his route tree and showed just how tough he is... and, when he came back and in and patted Mitchell, showed he knows football.
  • Coleman showed he can complete for 50/50 balls.

OK.... maybe there were only two bright spots...

Getting harder to bear the negativity here...

No.. we're not good, but how can folks dump on a D that held a very good, very talented offense to 17 points despite being on the field for 34 minutes? Our D bent into a pretzel, but stiffened in the Red Zone three out of four times. And the one time they did relent was on the third shot from inside the 2.

Our D played its ass off this week... brought back memories of our old rubberband gang. We even showed signs of blitz designs that had a chance to get home. Unfortunately this ain't horseshoes or hand-grenades.

O? Different story... but still there were some bright spots.

• Pryor expanded his route tree and showed just how tough he is... and, when he came back and in and patted Mitchell, showed he knows football.
  • Coleman showed he can complete for 50/50 balls.
OK.... maybe there were only two bright spots...

Maybe this is hazy memory from the flu medicine, but I recall seeing 3 or 4 overload blitzes that didn't pay off.

It seemed like they were able to block us despite being one short of whatever we brought.

Now we have players calling out the FO for not getting blockers.

Crap....I called em out during FA and then in camp and then in preseason.....and was told repeatedly, shhhhhh....it's the plan....

New FA QB in RGIII.....with a history of injury....yet having an OL is something saved for the "future"......

Starting Cam Erving....WITHOUT A PLAN B......was the dumbest move ever.....pathetic....

The plan is that they have no plan.....except erase and start over.....without any preparation or thought to who gets erased and who gets replaced....and when.....

Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

Or....after losing Schwartz and Mack.....and KNOWING they'd probably leave and having tons of time to plan.....they end up doing absolutely nothing to replace them?

Could have easily signed a couple vet FA's....or drafted a center......

But to commit to Erving....after watching him last year?.....and not have a back up or a vet to step in?.....turble

Did the same thing with OLBS......cut 3 out of 4 vets....then drafted 1 in the 4th.......and waited 8 weeks into the season, then said....HEY! We need an OLB......

A plan guaranteed to make you suck.....

Call me crazy, but I'm actually ok with this year's LB core. Remember, the Desmond Bryant injury moved Ogbah to the D line, so he's out of position.

I'm surprised Shon Coleman hasn't hardly played. Drango looked bad yesterday, but we need to see more. Could it possibly be the weak link at center is causing all the other breakdowns of the line?

Call me crazy, but I'm actually ok with this year's LB core. Remember, the Desmond Bryant injury moved Ogbah to the D line, so he's out of position.

Ok....you asked for it.....yer crazy ;)

Ogbah belongs on the line....and is out of position at OLB.....my opinion

Lemonier and Cam Johnson excite you?.....cause it sure couldnt be Schobert.....

Wasn't Ogbah a hybrid at OkState? Alternating between line and LB? I thought they drafted him for that versatility. Kirksey has been pretty damn good, although I'd like to see him force turnovers more.

I wasn't crazy about Kruger, thought he was over rated. So yeah, I was happy with the youth movement there. Scooby must not be fast enough, that's why he dropped to 7th round, but I'd let him play now...the guy knows how to tackle (a major defensive weakness this season).

Wasn't Ogbah a hybrid at OkState? Alternating between line and LB? I thought they drafted him for that versatility. Kirksey has been pretty damn good, although I'd like to see him force turnovers more.

I wasn't crazy about Kruger, thought he was over rated. So yeah, I was happy with the youth movement there. Scooby must not be fast enough, that's why he dropped to 7th round, but I'd let him play now...the guy knows how to tackle (a major defensive weakness this season).

I think og was pure DE, but i could be wrong. All of the tape i saw of him he came up from the dirt, always lined up wide. In any case yeah he doesn't belong at LB'er. I agree that the ILB'ers are kind of a pleasant surprise this year. Demario looks like he tracks the ball carrier better than any LB'er we've had for years. I would love to run the 4-3 with him, kirksey, schobert and Collins rotating in.

Ogbah was a 3pt DE every snap I saw while he was at Okie state.

That was my recollection as well. Unless Horton's plan is to really transition to a base 4-3 i don't know why you take two huge college DE's that are gonna struggle more than other 4-3 DE"s to make the transition to OLB'er. I mean Nassib is 6'7 and although i saw some decent things out of him in the beginning of the year from the standup....he should be a zone dropping DE nothing more. Same with Og.

I'm surprised Shon Coleman hasn't hardly played. Drango looked bad yesterday, but we need to see more. Could it possibly be the weak link at center is causing all the other breakdowns of the line?

Obby isn't out of position by a long stretch. Put him in a 2pt on the strong side then ask him to drop, cover, and push the pocket from that role. Then you'll see what 'out of position' is.

So our "makeover" has thus far produced a team that can't run, can't stop the run, can't pass, can't stop the pass and created a permanent dogpile behind our LOS that has sent QB's to the bench so many times I have now lost count.

But we have a long term plan.

OK-so how is step one of that plan working out so far? Stands full of foes and empty seats, few veterans to help the transition and piles of cash the owner has saved up for "A NEW CAR!!-COME ON DOWN JIMMY HASLAM!" (in my best game show announcer voice).

Well at least my "plan" has won me the weekly NFL fantasy league I'm in three times this season so far. I drafted better than the Browns.

So our "makeover" has thus far produced a team that can't run, can't stop the run, can't pass, can't stop the pass and created a permanent dogpile behind our LOS that has sent QB's to the bench so many times I have now lost count.

But we have a long term plan.

OK-so how is step one of that plan working out so far? Stands full of foes and empty seats, few veterans to help the transition and piles of cash the owner has saved up for "A NEW CAR!!-COME ON DOWN JIMMY HASLAM!" (in my best game show announcer voice).

Well at least my "plan" has won me the weekly NFL fantasy league I'm in three times this season so far. I drafted better than the Browns.

No biggie there. A open window drafts better too.

Archived