THE BROWNS BOARD

Movies You End Up Watching Every Time You See They are On

Tour2ma

Bored... flipping channels or cruising the schedule you see it and you're there...

Could be for the duration... could be for "that one part"... but you just have to because it's on.

Duration viewings for me include:

• Good Will Hunting
  • The Magnificent Seven
  • Pollock

One parts include:

• Jaws - opening sequence's first kill.
  • Ben Hur - the chariot race
  • Jurasic Park - the unveiling in the Jeep ride from the helicopter, the T-Rex thumps and the final sequence from the kitchen thru the T-Rex saving the day.

... and more.

You?

Unfortunately I have an aversion to watching films part way through or coming in late even a couple minutes late.

So of the ones I would be tempted to watch all the way through I stop myself and say that I should find that somewhere and start from the top.

Something else I hate, well I hate holidays with other people's families in general, is 20 people sitting around bullshittin with some fucking movie on TV that's just making noise. Watch it or turn it off. Seems like if I am stuck, which I'm not usually, with in-laws and grandchildren they will have and Adam Sandler movie on. No idea why they pick him.

WSS

Sorry to extrapolate but to your question tour any of the big five + I like watching repeatedly which would include the Godfathers the rocky series and the big comedies Animal House Caddyshack stripes Blazing Saddles....

I've never seen the x versions on TV but maybe the Russ Meyer movies...

;)

WSS

my list would have to include

The Godfather 1 and 2

Shawshank Redemption

Caddyshack

The Great Escape

Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns

Right.....as I gather it, you are asking for which movies, if you are surfing the TV that you come across that you have to watch at least a bit of.

Shawshank is one, of course.

Air Force One

Casablanca, particularly the singing of Le Marseilles

(and oddly, both of those had scenes shot at the old Mansfield Reformatory)

Many, many others

And just last night I came across Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two....and had to watch it.

And, oh yea, look at my current avatar for one.

my list would have to include: The Great Escape

At least I have to catch McQueen's motorcycle work near the end... everything except the barbed wire jumps were Steve. He wanted to do the jumps, but was overruled by the director.

Archived