THE BROWNS BOARD

what we really need here again is a stud offensive tackle or a new cornerback

rich4eagle

We actually have some offensive skill players. Our 2 RBs, and a couple of the WRs and our TE is Pro Bowl caliber.

But...the QB situation sucks.....and all of those skill players can do nothing with out blocking. 8 sacks, 33 rushing yards in a game.

Do you really think it is poor skill players that are responsible for that?

And our defensive backfield is a dumpster fire....but, certainly more critical would be if the Browns could get a pass rush....which they can't seem to get.

This is crazy even for you

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was referring only to the TE......who made the Pro Bowl just last year. Or did you think I meant all those players? If so, then it is you who is the crazy one.

I know you meant the TE and he's sucked every year but one in a 9 year career. Not even as good as Pro Bowler Jordan Cameron.

yep....lots of one year wonders.....including Anderson.....but Probowl is Probowl.....

Just confirms that Pro Bowl caliber and HOF caliber are different levels......and adds light to the reason that so many are described as "multiple" or 'perennial" .....

yep....lots of one year wonders.....including Anderson.....but Probowl is Probowl.....

Just confirms that Pro Bowl caliber and HOF caliber are different levels......and adds light to the reason that so many are described as "multiple" or 'perennial" .....

We will disagree on that one, caliber to me suggests more than a one hit wonder. I'd say by your definition using the term "pro-bowl caliber" is meaningless to evaluate a players talent.

We will disagree on that one, caliber to me suggests more than a one hit wonder. I'd say by your definition using the term "pro-bowl caliber" is meaningless to evaluate a players talent.

To put things into perspective, Derek Anderson is a Pro Bowl QB.

Ok....Ill agree to disagree....no biggie....

So....IF you make the Pro Bowl and are, in fact, a Pro Bowl player.....but not considered Pro Bowl caliber?......what makes one Pro Bowl caliber?

Difference between "making" the Pro Bowl and playing in it. :) After 5 QBs bail with phantom injuries.

Ok....Ill agree to disagree....no biggie....

So....IF you make the Pro Bowl and are, in fact, a Pro Bowl player.....but not considered Pro Bowl caliber?......what makes one Pro Bowl caliber?

I'd say multiple Pro Bowls or a single Pro Bowl and then a consistency where the drop off isn't significant.

... and a good Offense.... and a good Defense. Lines are a part of both... no doubt about it... but they are not key to the exclusion of the other pieces.

Our dearly departed Ghoulster took it to an extreme, but OLs can and have been built mining the depths of draft. On a shear number of positions basis, five, they are the largest group in any draft. Most fall away as undersized, athletically limited, but there's always a handful of diamonds in the rough even extending into the UDFA pool. Small school players... late bloomers... position moves... etc...

Sometimes you have spend high for them, especially for foundational LTs and Edge kings, but often they can be high value picks. Day 2 is target rich with them.

Archived