THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

True, with Hogan in we will most likely lose. With McCown in, we will most likely lose. One of these QBs has the potential to develop, and the other is 37 years old. Pick your poison, neither QB gives us a decent chance to win but I would like to see what we have on the bench.

In the NFL if you are banking on evaluating who can possibly be your future backup or 3rd string QB you don't deserve to play on Sunday

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you are a winless team, have more fans from the visiting team than the home team in your stadium and have been losing games by 10+ points every week and consistently give up in the 4th quarter you don't deserve to play on Sunday.

If the games were at least close it wouldn't be so bad, the last few games have been very depressing. I get it, we're in a rebuild year but every year is a rebuild year with this team. this team is going nowhere, there has been zero improvement week to week. Offense has been ineffective, defense gets gassed because they're on the field way too much. I honestly do not think things will get worse with Hogan at this point or even RGlass3. McCown is obviously playing hurt, he gets smacked around nearly every play and he always falls apart by the second half. Do you honestly think this team is going anywhere with McCown?

when you are a winless team, have more fans from the visiting team than the home team in your stadium and have been losing games by 10+ points every week and consistently give up in the 4th quarter you don't deserve to play on Sunday.

If the games were at least close it wouldn't be so bad, the last few games have been very depressing. I get it, we're in a rebuild year but every year is a rebuild year with this team. this team is going nowhere, there has been zero improvement week to week. Offense has been ineffective, defense gets gassed because they're on the field way too much. I honestly do not think things will get worse with Hogan at this point or even RGlass3. McCown is obviously playing hurt, he gets smacked around nearly every play and he always falls apart by the second half. Do you honestly think this team is going anywhere with McCown?

Not at all but Hogan maybe one of the worst passers I've ever seen put an NFL jersey on and he has zero command of the offense. I don't know how much of the game you watched but Pryor was getting visibly pissed on the sidelines and this is a guy who could've been out of the league this year, imagine how Collins, Kirksey & Thomas feel. Next week you want to throw a watered down, less talented, Johnny Manziel in there? This is a guy lower than Charlie Whitehorse in the eyes of the guys evaluating him.

Am traveling but caught the game at 20-13. I see obj being guarded by a backer to score a wide open TD.

But please, tell me how horton doesnt bear responsibility for schemes again.

No one is saying Horton is completely blameless, I think the point is the lack of talent is the real issue. If we were evaluating coaches based on scheme and results Hue Jackson would be cleaning out his office as we speak, he is consistently bad.

No one is saying Horton is completely blameless, I think the point is the lack of talent is the real issue. If we were evaluating coaches based on scheme and results Hue Jackson would be cleaning out his office as we speak, he is consistently bad.

ALOT of people on this board are saying that. All ive said all along is that its not mutually exclusive. The talent and coordinator can suck, and horton has a record to show he does.

ALOT of people on this board are saying that. All ive said all along is that its not mutually exclusive. The talent and coordinator can suck, and horton has a record to show he does.

Then clean house again and get another inexperienced, unproven coach because no one on this staff is worth anything, hence they are in Cleveland. Over the past 3 hires we keep being told, "this is the guy we want", when the reality is, "all the good candidates are gone and this guy said yes". If you were a top notch defensive coordinator or head coach would you pick Cleveland?

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Hue-Jackson-Im-very-proud-of-this-group/82226275-7a72-4dae-b341-67034b7024fa

This is the current head coach telling us how proud he is of this team and how outstanding they are. Jim Jones wasn't this delusional

Millen your an idiot!

I always love seeing this.

Then clean house again and get another inexperienced, unproven coach because no one on this staff is worth anything, hence they are in Cleveland. Over the past 3 hires we keep being told, "this is the guy we want", when the reality is, "all the good candidates are gone and this guy said yes". If you were a top notch defensive coordinator or head coach would you pick Cleveland?

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Hue-Jackson-Im-very-proud-of-this-group/82226275-7a72-4dae-b341-67034b7024fa

This is the current head coach telling us how proud he is of this team and how outstanding they are. Jim Jones wasn't this delusional

Would you prefer him telling his own players they suck ass on a daily basis? That's sure to help. You can be proud of a young, talentless team in a losing effort.

I always love seeing this.

Would you prefer him telling his own players they suck ass on a daily basis? That's sure to help. You can be proud of a young, talentless team in a losing effort.

It doesn't have to be either or. You can be supportive and still be honest. You can praise individual players for good play such as Kirksey or Shelton but you can also speak in general terms about the fact that effort & work while admirable aren't enough to win NFL games. I'd go with the majority of successful football coaches were hard asses and not sunshine pumpers but it can't be out of the realm of possible to be both. College is a different game but Bob Stoops is an example of what I'd like to see.

maybe someday it won't feel like child abuse every time i dress my kid in Browns gear. McCown, Hogan, Kessler, I don't even care at this point. Just would like the Browns to stop embarrassing themselves every week.

Not going to stop anytime soon. Chargers at home is the only shot at 1-15

I live in Austin, Texas. Have lived all over the US. I get the same reactions. I have had people point and laugh.

People down here LOVED to comment while we had Johnny Drunkball.

Do you go to the Backers game watching parties?

We are unwatchable.

We came in from playing golf right at kickoff. The manager put the Browns/Giants on one of the TV's. I thanked him...and said...I don't know the reason to watch them. Who do I watch? The 37 year old QB? Crowell trying to get past the line of scrimmage? Anybody on our 33rd ranked defense interesting?

There really is no reason to watch us.

There's always Terrelle Pryor! But I doubt he will be a Brown next year? He's frustrated and now he's calling out the Coaches and the FO for not drafting an Oline. Yep, Pryor isn't a "yes man" so you can bet he's gone next year. Hope I'm wrong because he really is turning into a stud receiver. I doubt even Odell could put up numbers from the likes of Kessler, McCown, Whitehurst, like Pryor.

He's a real gem and too good for this crap the Browns are dishing out every week!

We are unwatchable.

We came in from playing golf right at kickoff. The manager put the Browns/Giants on one of the TV's. I thanked him...and said...I don't know the reason to watch them. Who do I watch? The 37 year old QB? Crowell trying to get past the line of scrimmage? Anybody on our 33rd ranked defense interesting?

There really is no reason to watch us.

No reason to watch? C'mon now.

Yeah, it's a dismal season and most of us fans are bummed out. The key word there is "fans."

We had the ball at midfield, down 14-6. The NYG made a play and scored on a fumble return, basically sealing the game.

This young, undermanned team was actually playing some decent defense today against a veteran top-tier QB. Forgive me,I was into it, despite our offensive problems.

Hue is a horrible head coach, I didn't expect much but he is awful.

Heard the pre game interview. When asked what it will take to win this game (paraphrasing), Hue responded "we gotta play Cleveland Browns football". Um...no Hue that's exactly what you don't want to do you fucking buffoon.

Well at least he didn't steal Pettine's "play like a brown" silliness.

The browns first win will take place vs the bengals. Guarantee it.

on the right path.

desperately need:

The right qb. Trubisky

Need new starters at ROG, RT

Draft Ohio State Center

1a. Trubisky

1b. Adoree Jackson, CB

2a. Julie'n Davenport, OT

2b. Pat Elfein, C/OG

something like that. maybe. The secondary is very much hopeless. Doesn't matter about the pass rush. Oline needs fixed.

These four choices in the first two rounds would be the most dramatic improvements to the starting positions.

Same big 3 issues: #1.OL.. Nothing gets fixed, till this OL can block for more than 50 yards rushing in 21 attempts again..Pass Protection? 7 more sacks, forcing 2 more QB fumbles,leading to points against again...#2. QB, We get nowhere without a QB..our WR's maybe great if the ball was thrown on time & in stride not behind every receivers & at Dukes feet. Pryor's facial expressions made me laugh all day as he caught 6 for 131 yards. but could have had 10 for over 200 with a QB with any anticipation as Pryor sprinted his ass off all day. Shi$ on McC if you like, but Josh was 25/43 for 322 yards, no picks, 1 TD..The dreaded 3rd down,We Suck again 3 of 14..#3.DB'S-----To the Haden Haters..would you prefer Taylor,D. Williams or Dead Bootie Ba'phoon to cover the #1's? cuz Haden has not allowed 100 yards to S.Smith,Dez,A.Brown or Beckham in last 4 games. Teams other WR's & TE's coverage are a bigger problem than Haden. But book on this FO dumping that $ contract next season ...Bottom line we need to draft high or FA's a QB,OL,CB's & DB's..D front 7 growing up but got to get a sack monster,only 1 again today..

the o-line will already improve next year when Bitonio comes back, but we still desperately need a center and interior guardsmen. An RB or TE that can block would be a bonus, Crowell just can't handle linebackers and none of our TEs can block very well. Defense is a mess. So many needs I don't even know where to start. QB would be great but he will end up getting killed on this team.

No reason to watch? C'mon now.

Yeah, it's a dismal season and most of us fans are bummed out. The key word there is "fans."

We had the ball at midfield, down 14-6. The NYG made a play and scored on a fumble return, basically sealing the game.

This young, undermanned team was actually playing some decent defense today against a veteran top-tier QB. Forgive me,I was into it, despite our offensive problems.

The Giants played like garbage. Eli was off and for some crazy reason they didn't run it 25 times with Jennings .

The giants toyed with the browns. It was a cruise game for them. When they needed it they scored at will within a fewvplays. They could have scored 60 pts if they felt like it

Disagree. NYG couldn't put the game away even though the Browns offense struggled.

Same big 3 issues: #1.OL.. Nothing gets fixed, till this OL can block for more than 50 yards rushing in 21 attempts again..Pass Protection? 7 more sacks, forcing 2 more QB fumbles,leading to points against again...#2. QB, We get nowhere without a QB..our WR's maybe great if the ball was thrown on time & in stride not behind every receivers & at Dukes feet. Pryor's facial expressions made me laugh all day as he caught 6 for 131 yards. but could have had 10 for over 200 with a QB with any anticipation as Pryor sprinted his ass off all day. Shi$ on McC if you like, but Josh was 25/43 for 322 yards, no picks, 1 TD..The dreaded 3rd down,We Suck again 3 of 14..#3.DB'S-----To the Haden Haters..would you prefer Taylor,D. Williams or Dead Bootie Ba'phoon to cover the #1's? cuz Haden has not allowed 100 yards to S.Smith,Dez,A.Brown or Beckham in last 4 games. Teams other WR's & TE's coverage are a bigger problem than Haden. But book on this FO dumping that $ contract next season ...Bottom line we need to draft high or FA's a QB,OL,CB's & DB's..D front 7 growing up but got to get a sack monster,only 1 again today..

Regarding Josh, 322 yards, and a game killing turnover. May as well have been a pick 6. Be honest- you knew it was coming sooner or later.

I've been pretty hard on Dead Boddie, but he impressed me today, had a pretty decent game.

The defense stepped it up, there was a brief illusion of progress. You can't hang this loss on them. But- nice job Horton putting a linebacker on Beckham near the goal line. Beyond stupid.

I hate to say it, but we were RIGHT there in this game. What killed us was Pryor getting tackled on that bomb. I'm not BLAMING Pryor of course, but if he JUST slips that tackle somehow, he goes for a 96 yard TD and that defensive TD never happens. It's stuff like that. We simply can't make "the play", and avoid the "awful play". Our defense was hanging. We got hands on footballs. Just couldn't make it happen on offense...and we had LOTS of chances.

Archived