THE BROWNS BOARD

Could Hue be one and done?

Canton Dawg

^^^ This. You fire Hue, you're looking at coaching talent like Vince Kehres. Never heard of him? Head Coach of D III Mount Union.

I wouldn't want Vince....but his dad Larry Kehres (my former OC) I would take in a heart beat.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....we shall find out if our Harvard FO can persuade/coax/succeed in the contract end of things....

Can he resign our players???....meaning....have all this seasons brilliant moves been noticed and appreciated by the players?......do they see this amazing plan that many of us cant see?.....if so, it should be no problem keeping them.....(cause we are just a few years/players away from sustained success)

Orrrr.....if he doesnt sign anyone....perhaps we can just blame it on the last guy....(or 2 or 5)

...only thing analytics does is give you numbers, it does not measure heart...ie....new england pats...they pull people off the streets and can tell they are football players...they are not using analytics to find them...analytics is complete fucking bullshit....

Interesting that you'd cite the one team in the NFL that probably relies more on analytics than we do... The New England Patriots.

As for heart... it can be quantified. High-motor and intensity can be gauged on tape and thru interviews of both the player and those around him.

And once quantified... ta daaa... analytics await.

I think too many people dont understand that analytics is just a tool.....that all teams use.....and is not the only measure of a player....

The Pats may use analytics....but they also have some "football guys" who know wtf they're looking at....

Shashi and Bullychick are a million(ok....a trillion) miles apart in that department.....

people don't want to see or hear the truth when it's ugly.

like the x files episode where the mother lived underneath the bed and was an incestial pool of breeding illiterate homicidal killers.

if you can't see it, it doesn't exist.

True... for starters because Bill and Sashi have nowhere near the same role in their respective FOs.

Bill B is not the Pats' analytics guy. What Bill is, is a guy who knows what he wants in a player.

True... for starters because Bill and Sashi have nowhere near the same role in their respective FOs.

Bill B is not the Pats' analytics guy. What Bill is, is a guy who knows what he wants in a player.

Honestly thought Bill was the final say guy there.....thinking so....And I had Depo as our analytics guy(not Sashi)....

So....in my world.....Bill says who they pick.....as does Shashi....and both rely on someone else to provide them the info.....

And, in consensus, they are good....but if someone has to make the call....it's Bill & Sashi.....

Im guessing our football knowledge guy has to be Hue.....which Im not crazy about....but who else could it be?

yeah, i guess the steelers back in the day that won 4 championships used analytics....pfffft....only thing analytics does is give you numbers, it does not measure heart...ie....new england pats...they pull people off the streets and can tell they are football players...they are not using analytics to find them...analytics is complete fucking bullshit.....it only tells you that you should get rid of so and so because he's 33 and is considered old for football...only thing is, that 33 yr old could be capable of playing better for 3-4 more yrs than someone that is drafted because they are young and cannot play one fucking iota of football....analytics does not measure that, that comes from good football people knowing the player and what he is capable of doing

No those Steelers teams used amphetamines and steroids lol. Advanced analytics can and do also take into account mental make up, drive etc. as well.

I think too many people dont understand that analytics is just a tool.....that all teams use.....and is not the only measure of a player....

The Pats may use analytics....but they also have some "football guys" who know wtf they're looking at....

Shashi and Bullychick are a million(ok....a trillion) miles apart in that department.....

People hear 'analytics' and think it means teams will just take whoever runs the fastest or benches the most - like Al Davis used to do. That we're just gonna wait for the draft and with each pick look up who did best in each event and go with that. "Why don't we just draft football players, waaah waaah waaah" they'll scream. You mean like the winner of the college best receiver award? Or the guys with the most sacks? Carl Nassib isn't a guy that runs fast or benches a ton, but is a high motor, high character guy who produced in college, the exact opposite of what people expect with their narrow-minded view of analytics. On the other hand, Barkevious Mingo is *exactly* the kind of guy they'd expect us to draft, and they cut bait with him before the season started.

someone had made a thread or a post where they discussed the players that the browns have cut or traded. i don't know the circumstances/details of what happened to each guy but i had really nothing to give to that conv at that time (sorta like now).

benjamin. mack. rubin. sheard. skrine. seem to be doing alright. not that those moves were done by this FO but jesus christ when players leave the browns for them it's a positive. when players get traded or signed here it's a death sentence.

someone had made a thread or a post where they discussed the players that the browns have cut or traded. i don't know the circumstances/details of what happened to each guy but i had really nothing to give to that conv at that time (sorta like now).

benjamin. mack. rubin. sheard. skrine. seem to be doing alright. not that those moves were done by this FO but jesus christ when players leave the browns for them it's a positive. when players get traded or signed here it's a death sentence.

You forgot Ward and Schwartz, btw. If we'd kept those players we would have a pretty solid roster about now, albeit pretty close to the salary cap and without a QB. We'd basically be the Jets, but with a less dominant front.

But what you're forgetting is all the guys we cut (etc) that don't end up anywhere else, or doing much of note. Little, Richardson, Weeden, McFadden, McCoy, Kruger, Mingo, Gipson, Whitner, Gilbert, Manziel, Desir, Jordan Cameron, all guys who started for us but aren't doing anything to shout about right now. Sure, McFadden is a Cowboy and might get a superbowl ring, but it's not like he's the stud of their D. That's not to mention guys who were spot starters and stunk - Oniel Cousins, Montario Hardesty, Phil Taylor, Davone Bess, and the rest.

You forgot Ward and Schwartz, btw. If we'd kept those players we would have a pretty solid roster about now, albeit pretty close to the salary cap and without a QB. We'd basically be the Jets, but with a less dominant front.

But what you're forgetting is all the guys we cut (etc) that don't end up anywhere else, or doing much of note. Little, Richardson, Weeden, McFadden, McCoy, Kruger, Mingo, Gipson, Whitner, Gilbert, Manziel, Desir, Jordan Cameron, all guys who started for us but aren't doing anything to shout about right now. Sure, McFadden is a Cowboy and might get a superbowl ring, but it's not like he's the stud of their D. That's not to mention guys who were spot starters and stunk - Oniel Cousins, Montario Hardesty, Phil Taylor, Davone Bess, and the rest.

ouch.

a lot of guys on your list i was high on.

if i were in the brown's FO with my drafting skills i would expect to have been fired the same day manziel went into rehab.

ouch.

a lot of guys on your list i was high on.

if i were in the brown's FO with my drafting skills i would expect to have been fired the same day manziel went into rehab.

Yep. And most here would be too. It all just goes to show - it's easy to remember the ones that got away, but you remember all the dross that got cast aside and isn't in the NFL anymore or is lucky to be and you feel a little less depressed!

"It's never ok to lose a game"

Nick Saban

He's in college. No comparison. And in Saban's first year (when he was building, kinda like we are), he lost to ULM.

After that game, Saban stopped by a gas station. The clerk saw his ring from 2003 and said what's that? Nick said "it's a national championship ring from LSU, and we're gonna bring one here." Clerk goes "not unless we fire that Nick Saban, we're not."

You're the clerk.

And don't try to hit me with Saban quotes.

I posted something from what I read that stated that except for Mack....nearly all the guys we let go were doing absolutely no better than the guys we replaced them with. Sheard is not even suiting up. Benjamin has been injured...etc. etc. Taylor Gabriel just now made a couple of good plays..

He's in college. No comparison. And in Saban's first year (when he was building, kinda like we are), he lost to ULM.

After that game, Saban stopped by a gas station. The clerk saw his ring from 2003 and said what's that? Nick said "it's a national championship ring from LSU, and we're gonna bring one here." Clerk goes "not unless we fire that Nick Saban, we're not."

You're the clerk.

Saban must have inhaled the fumes from that gas station, because ever since he has been getting HiGH.

You're the clerk.

I shared a quote I liked. It was not directed towards a weirdgogrow or whatever you go by. You think way too highly of yourself for a kid

So, as a pro HC, Hue is now 8-20 overall. Is the glass half full? Or half empty?

Sorry to be a downer but I'm seeing it half empty. Other than Pryor, no star power players ...yet. no improvement in the team. Nearly last in most stats. Our QB gets decked while our guys stand around with nary a thought of protecting their QB. Pathetic. And I know we can't just shitcan this current bunch. I hope I'm wrong about what I'm seeing, hearing and reading and that they can change the culture from losing to winning. Right now though,that culture seems to be Limburger.

Honestly thought Bill was the final say guy there.....thinking so....And I had Depo as our analytics guy(not Sashi)....

So....in my world.....Bill says who they pick.....as does Shashi....and both rely on someone else to provide them the info.....

And, in consensus, they are good....but if someone has to make the call....it's Bill & Sashi.....

Im guessing our football knowledge guy has to be Hue.....which Im not crazy about....but who else could it be?

Bill does have final say... but he's not the Pats' analytics guy. That's been Ernie Adams since 2000. Same guy that was an Assistant Coach under Bill during his Browns stint. I think it is safe to say he knows the kinds of players Bill likes and finds them... ditto the Pats' scouts.

Hue's undoubtedly one of our knowledge guys, especially when it comes to current player evaluations. But we have heads of pro and collegiate scouting that get in those roles as well.

DePo is our analytics guru. Sashi has past exposure to the analytics side of the game.

Sashi is not a football guy per se... he's a facilitating administrator there to build consensus. There may be times when he exercises his prerogative to place one argument over another and make a call to take, or pass on, a player, but I'm guessing those times are rare.

unfortunately on this forum being a realist in these and past times of garbage football you ARE labeled a downer or whiner or.....

Our QB gets decked while our guys stand around with nary a thought of protecting their QB. Pathetic.

ever notice that the highlight reels for RBs, WRs and hell just other teams in general that they air on every national sports show seems to show players in slo-mo just running through the browns defense like as if moses parted the red sea and the chariots came blowing through? one that really upset me was (?) bell going into the end zone basically untouched and our defenders looked as though they didn't want to get a speck of dirt on the ugly ass uniforms (another thing opposing fans find laughable). i mean not one player decided to try and stop him as though they didn't want to ruin their manicures.

i get the no talent argument (which falls squarely on this org's FO's shoulders), but to have players just give up and pack it in like they're late for a tee time is totally unacceptable from the coaching staff. yank the bums off the field by their face masks and make an example of them. then maybe you'll garner some respect.

Out of our 53 man roster, maybe 8 belong in the NFL, the rest are down right awful, missed tackles, people not even trying to tackle (just standing there watching the other team score) And it all has to start some where, The coach didn't notice this in practice or pre season? They are really going to tank just to get another draft pick to trade away? Hue can get all upset and cry all he wants but for him to say how hungry or hard working this team is, is garbage. There is NO way that D trys to do anything besides lose.

Out of our 53 man roster, maybe 8 belong in the NFL, the rest are down right awful, missed tackles, people not even trying to tackle (just standing there watching the other team score) And it all has to start some where, The coach didn't notice this in practice or pre season? They are really going to tank just to get another draft pick to trade away? Hue can get all upset and cry all he wants but for him to say how hungry or hard working this team is, is garbage. There is NO way that D trys to do anything besides lose.

i look at it this way...i live down here in atlanta...they are my second rooting for team. I look at what has taken place in the last few yrs....the ol was one of the worst..almost as bad as this piece of shit we have...ryan is lucky to be alive at this point. ryan is considered one of the best in the nfl. i agree..if he was playing for this shitass team we have, everyone would be saying...oh, oh, oh, he's holding on to the ball too long and this and that and he stinks. put mccown with the falcons now and he'd look like fucking montana. what happened was the fo went out and picked up 3 key positions...all from the fucking stupid ass clowns...they got mack...all of a sudden the ol is good...not great...yet....but improved 100 percent...they went out and got shanny...1st yr he had issues with ryan..what happened was they had a nice pow wow and worked things out together and now they are the best offense in the nfl...and now they get gabriel who could be on his way to the probowl...they interviewed him after the cards game...the interviewer said "you played with a chip on your shoulder today"...He said you bet i did...so what the fuck did the dumbass fuckshit browns say to him...i know, they probably said you can't play in this league. how's that working out jackass hasshit....use some more analytics...hahahahaaaa...its takes a good fo to make a good football team...until we find a good owner, we will suck big time....

....and you can bet he has final say on who comes aboard & who leaves. That's what Hue needs.

I only became successful in management after I got that control. I've always believed that the Coach MUST identify with their Team Players & that only happens as a result of said Coach having major involvement in player interview/evaluation.

Mike

Archived