THE BROWNS BOARD

Thinking about the draft, first two picks...arguing with myself...

calfoxwc

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vince Lombardi said it: its all about blocking and tackling.

Who cares what Vince Lombardi said are you not more interested in Michael Lombardi's thoughts :)

It's all about momentum, and right now, we don't have any reason to believe that Mitch's will slow down....ESPECIALLY in a year with down QB talent. But the next five months is when NFL people and sports writers "dig into people", and assuming Mitch measures up and doesn't have skeletons in his closet, then he should be a top 3 pick...probably #1. The combine will provide the real tale of the tape. If he has a good pro day and his measurements are close to what the school lists...then we're good to go. As funny as it might sound, I actually worry about us reeling off a win or two. Our team isn't going to tank the season, and we're going to be playing hard. I can just tell. The Chargers literally have NOTHING to play for, and Rivers has been known to turn the ball over. Keep in mind that the Bolts might also be leaving San Diego, so there is all kinds of stuff going on with them. If we're going to win a game, it might be that one. Additionally, the 49's get to play the Jets, and we REALLY want the 49's to win that game. Jets are now a disaster, and will be starting Bryce Petty over Fitzy.

the running joke in NY sports talk now is that the browns look at the jets and go "at least we're not the jets."

their qb situation is as bad as ours, if not worse, but they do have some serious talent at certain positions..........more than i can say about the browns outside of thomas and a slowed haden.

if we win a game and lose out on the consensus #1, whoever it is, then this season has really been fucking all for naught and will shine more light on the FO and franchise questioning whether or not they know what the fuck they're doing.

now if they don't want the #1 pick then who cares?

their qb situation is as bad as ours, if not worse,

if we win a game and lose out on the consensus #1, whoever it is,

Who is the Jets QB? Fitz still? Am thinking Chip owes us a Xmas present this weekend & upsets the Jets at home..

And then the skills and aims (gap responsibility) of the players in those positions vary accordingly.

Obviously being British I've not been raised with the sport as a second language but at a fundamental level it isn't massively complicated. That being said, each time there's a new aspect I'm starting from almost zero in trying to understand.

Honesty to God, if you have a football rec league anywhere in your area... go give that shit a try. Reading and watching film is one thing, sure you can learn a great deal from it. Can't get the full experience until you've played the game.

At field level and with repetition, things become easier to digest.

Honesty to God, if you have a football rec league anywhere in your area... go give that shit a try. Reading and watching film is one thing, sure you can learn a great deal from it. Can't get the full experience until you've played the game.

At field level and with repetition, things become easier to digest.

I would really doubt there are any American Football rec leagues in England unless things have drastically changed there. Am I wrong?

Who is the Jets QB? Fitz still? Am thinking Chip owes us a Xmas present this weekend & upsets the Jets at home..

Petty has gotten the last two starts. Jets seeing what they have. Hackenberg will likely get a couple as well.

Petty, my 2014 sleeper, has looked like an erratic rookie, but lord he throws a pretty, tight spiral. I'd give a conditional 6th for him.

Barnidge - average to -1 because of blocking skills
Pryor - average as a number one WR and we've seen him not even complete the season yet. i'm still convinced if the opposing DC thought any real threat from the browns he'd be 2x teamed and his #s would go out the window so..
Danny Shelton - my fave out of this bunch +2
Duke Johnson - sucks
Collins - +2 good luck signing the guy
Kirksey - i like. +1
Meder - who?
Ogbah - unproven still
Colquitt - uh, a punter? really?
Coleman - unproven
Davis - who?
Collins - you like him so much you typed his name twice?
Bitonio - i like but you have to be available so - average
Nassib - unless he hits the weight room and the ponderosa steak house every night instead of taking PEDs then maybe but he's go no strength up top ...yet so -1
come on, man.
i know cal, come on. look at those players and tell me they would rank out high on some other teams roster. don't hate them at all, just saying it ain't no all-star squad.

the running joke in NY sports talk now is that the browns look at the jets and go "at least we're not the jets."

their qb situation is as bad as ours, if not worse, but they do have some serious talent at certain positions..........more than i can say about the browns outside of thomas and a slowed haden.

if we win a game and lose out on the consensus #1, whoever it is, then this season has really been fucking all for naught and will shine more light on the FO and franchise questioning whether or not they know what the fuck they're doing.

And if Trubisky were available when the Jets draft, do you think for a moment they would not take him?

i'm not arguing a player or position at this point. just wondering why we would want to win a game (i get the WIN A GAME thing...but) if the whole point of this suck ass season was to secure the number one pick. i don't care if you're the GM and have to pick up your cell phone and call the sidelines..... B) B) B)

...but) if the whole point of this suck ass season was to secure the number one pick....

It wasn't....and thats the rub....

The whole point was to eliminate the guys we "knew" weren't the answer......and they were successful there.....cutting half team has a way of cleaning things up....

But the second part of the equation was to...

1) Draft better players who would have a more immediate impact than in past drafts....

2) Play those players right away, to expedite their development....

3) sacrifice some wins for the excitement of watching these young guys play and grow as a team...

And...in re to this second part???.....pretty big fail....

49ers up 14-0 on Jets could get us the Dawgie less double with Philly lost. The Philly pick I still see 2 good CB's with return skills in Adoree Jackson or King from Iowa, Adams at LSU is hanging by a thread

Archived