THE BROWNS BOARD

Praise the Lord - more proof

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad the 7 people who needed his help died in a wildfire while he was busy sparing a piece of paper.

What a crock of shit.

God is never busy. He is all powerful. Meaning he started the fire, in mysterious way. Is god a terrorist? Discuss.

I wasn't going to post on this because I could see the atheist argument coming a mile away. If I wanted to I could become as big as skeptics as they are...but no thanks I have been faithless before. It was no way to live for me. There are things we do not understand and the bible gives us many of the answers but not all of them. The cross is enough for me to trust God went that far to throw me a lifeline and I am taking it. There are not any other lifelines being thrown our way. There is nobody else who said and did the things Jesus did so when He says he left to prepare a place for believers I believe Him. When He says He is the Way, the Truth and the Life I believe Him. The message of the cross is to know that God cared enough to send His Son to die a horrible death on a cross for our sins and to redeem us.

Redemption is a big part of the bible. It only took a few chapters in the bible and God created it all but when God told Moses how to build the tabernacle (representing our redemption) there are 50 chapters referencing the tabernacle showing how much more in importance redemption is even over creation. Redemption was going to cost God sending His Son to redeem us and the tabernacle Moses built symbolized God's Son the Messiah.

They're going to burn in hell obf. They don't have the time for God but they have time to knit pick any other rational thought. They won't be caught dead in a church but boy howdy half of them believe in ghosts.

That's because "God" and "rational thought" are pretty much incompatible.

That's because "God" and "rational thought" are pretty much incompatible.

Oh you're going to find out Bud. There's nothing wrong with some old fashion Jesus anyway man it keeps everyone out of trouble, now go stick up for a Muslim that wants us all dead.

If it helps, what you saw wasn't a ghost...

Shaped like a person, basically reenacted what had happened to the owners of the house before the current tenants. I had no prior knowledge of what had happened and had previously mocked all of my pals unmercifully for believing in anything like that. So it wasn't something in my mind to even come up if I were having some sort of brain bleed.

That is why I don't know what else you would call it.

Shaped like a person, basically reenacted what had happened to the owners of the house before the current tenants. I had no prior knowledge of what had happened and had previously mocked all of my pals unmercifully for believing in anything like that. So it wasn't something in my mind to even come up if I were having some sort of brain bleed.

That is why I don't know what else you would call it.

So there isn't life after death but you seen a fucking ghost?

Oh you're going to find out Bud. There's nothing wrong with some old fashion Jesus anyway man it keeps everyone out of trouble, now go stick up for a Muslim that wants us all dead.

People are free to believe whatever they want, guy. But I'm not going to flush my brain down the terlet and be a religious sunshine-pumper. If people want to believe in Jesus and co. being in charge of the universe, bully for them, but they need to also take the rough with the smooth when it comes to their religion. If you believe that God/Jesus is omnipotent enough to perform a miracle to preserve a half burnt piece of bible in a wildfire, then you also have to accept that he didn't interfere and prevent 7 people from burning to death and destroying the lives of hundreds of others in the same wildfire.

People are free to believe whatever they want, guy. But I'm not going to flush my brain down the terlet and be a religious sunshine-pumper. If people want to believe in Jesus and co. being in charge of the universe, bully for them, but they need to also take the rough with the smooth when it comes to their religion. If you believe that God/Jesus is omnipotent enough to perform a miracle to preserve a half burnt piece of bible in a wildfire, then you also have to accept that he didn't interfere and prevent 7 people from burning to death and destroying the lives of hundreds of others in the same wildfire.

It's not too late to change your mind kiddo. I'm not going to argue with you just get some Jesus before you die. If I'm wrong no harm but if you're wrong boy howdy.

The problem the atheists have is creation itself. How did all this come about? Out of nothing came all of this? Even if you take it down to a "god particle" that some claim then who introduced that particle (they have to take that for granted)?

Some see that it is not rational thought to believe all of creation came out of nothing and believe there is a creator God but cannot grasp a creator God who is also a personal God. I can understand that because then you would ask why God would allow some of the horrible tragedies and deaths we see in the world. If God could stop it then why doesn't He? The bible does answer that question but it goes into the spiritual realm they don't recognize. For now we know God was personal enough to send His Son to die for us and to trust there is a better future.

Buddha, Confucious and the rest all died and were buried but the One we believe in said he would die and rise again and He did just that. That is someone worth following.

So there isn't life after death but you seen a fucking ghost?

Or I saw what was left of someone's energy (we are a big power plant) because energy just gets converted. No idea really and maybe science will have an answer for something like that in the future. I certainly don't know.

As for being religious because you think there is life after death, there are a shit load of religions. Who has it right?

The problem the atheists have is creation itself. How did all this come about? Out of nothing came all of this? Even if you take it down to a "god particle" that some claim then who introduced that particle (they have to take that for granted)?

Some see that it is not rational thought to believe all of creation came out of nothing and believe there is a creator God but cannot grasp a creator God who is also a personal God. I can understand that because then you would ask why God would allow some of the horrible tragedies and deaths we see in the world. If God could stop it then why doesn't He? The bible does answer that question but it goes into the spiritual realm they don't recognize. For now we know God was personal enough to send His Son to die for us and to trust there is a better future.

Buddha, Confucious and the rest all died and were buried but the One we believe in said he would die and rise again and He did just that. That is someone worth following.

Outside of the Bible, are there any written accounts of Jesus being crucified AND returning after a few days?

I don't have blind faith in anything.

Or I saw what was left of someone's energy (we are a big power plant) because energy just gets converted. No idea really and maybe science will have an answer for something like that in the future. I certainly don't know.

As for being religious because you think there is life after death, there are a shit load of religions. Who has it right?

I believe in personal conviction. Good people go to good places and the bad ones go to bad places. I don't go to church because I'm not a hypocrite. If I want to buy a tall can of beer I shouldn't have to hide it or wait until noon to buy it because a church goer might see me. But if the church goer is at church he shouldn't see me buying a beer early.

I dont drink beer just an example of many a hypocrisy I conjure up.

I believe in personal conviction. Good people go to good places and the bad ones go to bad places. I don't go to church because I'm not a hypocrite. If I want to buy a tall can of beer I shouldn't have to hide it or wait until noon to buy it because a church goer might see me. But if the church goer is at church he shouldn't see me buying a beer early.

I dont drink beer just an example of many a hypocrisy I conjure up.

I agree with good things for good people bad things for bad people, be it karma, afterlife or whatever, which is why I'm not so fussed about the whole "if you don't believe in god and you're wrong then you'll go to hell" business.

Archived